Author Topic: Target TLJ 3.75" Return of the Jedi 3-Pack  (Read 8308 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Target TLJ 3.75" Return of the Jedi 3-Pack
« on: September 9, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Some more thread catch-up this morning for the sake of completeness -

PR pics and blurb for the Target exclusive Return of the Jedi 3-Pack (DPCI: 087-06-8394):

STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI FORCE LINK 3.75-INCH FIGURE 3-PACK
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Suggested Retail Price: $24.99/Available: November 2017)
Imagine adventures like the ones from STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this screen-inspired 3-pack featuring LUKE SKYWALKER, EMPEROR PALPATINE, and EMPEROR’S ROYAL GUARD. Activate an array of lights, sounds, and figure phrases specific to each character with FORCE LINK wearable technology (sold separately)! Includes three 3.75-inch scale figures and three accessories. Compatible with all products in the FORCE LINK line, each sold separately. Available exclusively at Target.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Target TLJ 3.75" Return of the Jedi 3-Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2017, 05:10 PM »
And completing my "is this a new figure" question series on all Jeff's new posts... these all look new right?

I actually LOVE the look of that Royal Guard.  I probably would want 6 or 8 of these.  :-\

The Emperor's fingers are gnarly too. 
« Last Edit: September 9, 2017, 05:11 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2017, 07:59 PM »
I think the Royal Guard may have been initially shown on a poster for REBELS figures, but has not been released until now.  I don't know if the Luke is new.  But the Emporer certainly is, and he's the draw in this set for me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2017, 10:33 PM »
these all look new right?

Yes, all new.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 12:12 PM »
Awesome.  I haven't been this excited about a re-do in a long time... I can't wait to get my hands on a few Royal Guards that will pose like they do in the films without all the fluffy soft goods or hands that won't hold that Force Pike on their shoulder like that.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Picked this up today - the Emperor and Royal Guard are great. My Luke unfortunately has trouble standing which always annoys me and of course, I'm not a fan of lightsaber wielders who can't bend their elbows either. For some weird reason Luke has wrist joints, so in both the case of Luke and the Emperor they are technically 7POA figures. I would have much preferred elbow cut joints instead of wrist joints or maybe an elbow and a wrist on Luke's right arm.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: December 1, 2017, 05:25 PM »
I got this last night and it's one of my favorite pieces in a while. Hopefully we see more of these going forward. I miss the old Cinema Scenes / Battle Packs. The Emperor is hands down the highlight and best version they've ever done of him. Luke is great, and the Guard, while inferior to the TVC version, looks good standing there.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 08:10 PM »
If anyone ends up with extra guards, I’m buying. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51 AM »
I finally got around to picking up this set.  I was initially going to pass on it, but once it became apparent that the single packed Emporer probably wasn't going to happen?  Well, it made buying this set something of a grudging purchase.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 10:23 AM »
I'm up to 9 guards now.  I'm so happy to finally have a decent looking guard that displays holding the force pike the right way.  I've still been mainly displaying the old POTF2 version even though it's shaped all wrong.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:23 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 4, 2018, 03:40 PM »
I have to say that, in spite of the 5POA limitation, the sculpting on all these are excellent. I'm tempted to grab a few more Royal Guards myself.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 02:21 PM »
Finally picked this set up today. Target just put them on clearance, so I grabbed it for $17.48.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Clearanced out just in time for the figures to show up individually carded in Solo wave 3...good timing, Target!

I absolutely love this set. I combined mine with the Darth Vader from the Probot to make it an old school 4-pack and built 'em the playset I so wanted Kenner to make when I was a kid:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 01:03 PM »
Tell me more about that play set?!

Is it a pattern one could print out and replicate?  Is it more than just cardstock?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 04:14 PM »
100% cardstock. It is one of the playsets I sell in my little business "Cardboard Galaxy." It's probably my favorite of the sets I've put out so far. And it is a limited edition release--limited to 80 sets, it went on sale in December and I am about 50 in to the edition so far.

Here's more pics:

This is the fake box art I made for it (you wouldn't believe how many people want it to come boxed like this:)

You can check out more of my fun projects at https://www.facebook.com/CardboardGalaxy/ and PM me here or there if you are interested in anything. (Sorry, I try not to "sell" here but I'm really proud of this set and couldn't resist the chance to show it off a little.)