Author Topic: NYCC 2017  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
NYCC 2017
« on: October 5, 2017, 10:55 AM »
STAR WARS ACTION NEWS was live from the Hasbro collector media event at New York Comic Con 2017.  New 6" Black Series reveals include:

-Resistance Rey (with new face deco technique) - JAN '18
-Captain Rex (with new face deco technique) - JAN '18
-DJ  (The Last Jedi)
-Lando Calrissian (Skiff guard disguise)
-4-LOM
-Dengar

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NYCC 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2017, 11:01 AM »
pics from @justinlasalata

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2017, 11:05 AM »
Pretty good likenesses on these!  That DJ looks remarkably like Benicio del Toro.  And these figures are supposed to feature the new paint apps that are going to be rolling out for January '18.  But in the video I did hear the Hasbro folks say that these were hand painted samples.

I'm glad to see that they're getting around to finishing off the TESB bounty hunters.  It's just Zuckuss left after this!

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2017, 11:05 AM »
Sounds like 4-LOM has some nifty new articulation in his arms to get elbow articulation but still have the piston thingies  on them...  you can see the slots on his arm in the pic.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2017, 11:06 AM by Jeff »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2017, 12:03 PM »
Sounds like 4-LOM has some nifty new articulation in his arms to get elbow articulation but still have the piston thingies  on them...  you can see the slots on his arm in the pic.

Which means a re-release of C-3PO.  That's cool.  I curious to see how these work out.

I do like these choices.  Can't wait to get the bounty hunters and Lando... and yes, Zuckuss needs to be put out soon.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2017, 12:41 PM »
Just an FYI that there were three separate "round table" sessions with Hasbro and fan sites scheduled this morning (off-site from the main NYCC event).  I know SWAN posted their roundtable Q&A session on Facebook (this is a different video from the one Nick linked in the first post, which was the new toy reveal portion).  Should be interesting to see if any additional news comes out of the other two sessions.

Also, full disclosure in this era of Hasbro 'unfriending' certain fan sites - JediDefender was invited to attend these round-table sessions, but I couldn't get the travel to work (unfortunately the site often has to take a backseat to the wife, four kids and real job :().  We still have a relationship with Hasbro and will continue to send them things like the JediDefender wish-lists to try and help influence the future of the 2018 Vintage Collection (past the first few waves of repacks that are coming) and are hoping to make it to Toy Fair in 2018.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2017, 01:56 PM »
I watched the roundtable video, too.  I didn't want to be too much of a SWAN fanboy and post that video, too (full disclosure:  I'm friends with both Arnie & Marjorie, and we even had lunch in NYC yesterday).

I didn't see much of anything revealed in the roundtable.  It seemed much more like Hasbro was looking for feedback.  Interesting to see WHO was present.  Does it pay to be a conveyer of damaging information?  And it was also interesting that people who have a rep for being these firebrands on their own websites are much more mild-mannered when in the presence of Hasbro and LPR.  Hmmm...

Which means a re-release of C-3PO.  That's cool.  I curious to see how these work out.

I do like these choices.  Can't wait to get the bounty hunters and Lando... and yes, Zuckuss needs to be put out soon.

If that does happen, I hope that it gets applied on a new version of C-3PO.  An AOTC version or ROTJ version with the Ewok throne might be interesting new takes on Threepio.

Regarding the bounty hunters?  If you check out the audio from the first video, you can hear Hasbro state that Lando and the Bounty Hunters are due to hit retail in Fall of 2018.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2017, 02:06 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Regarding the bounty hunters?  If you check out the audio from the first video, you can hear Hasbro state that Lando and the Bounty Hunters are due to hit retail in Fall of 2018.

I'll have to check them out, but does that make the inference that Zuckuss is included with the other two, but the figure isn't ready to be shown?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 5, 2017, 02:39 PM »
People were asking about Zuckuss, but Hasbro didn’t say anything about him.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2017, 02:42 PM »
I didn't want to be too much of a SWAN fanboy and post that video, too (full disclosure:  I'm friends with both Arnie & Marjorie, and we even had lunch in NYC yesterday).

No crime in that. Arnie and Marjorie do nice work and actually try to make the hobby better for everyone!

does that make the inference that Zuckuss is included with the other two, but the figure isn't ready to be shown?

People were asking about Zuckuss, but Hasbro didn’t say anything about him.

As the saying goes, 'always leave them wanting more!' ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 6, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Thanks for posting photos here so I don't have to go to the skeevy dirtbag site to look at them.  ;D

DJ looks flat out awesome. I think it's a pretty boring character design and not a fan of the hat, but they nailed BDT's likeness.

Lando looks like he's about to drop a deuce. Interesting they would put another Lando fig out so soon after the last one too.

4-LOM looks pretty sweet except he seems too skinny somehow and the neck looks too long.

Dengar looks good til you get to the face. Did they scan a woman's likeness by accident? Eesh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 6, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Prediction: 4-LOM on a vintage card labelled as "Zuckuss" as a convention exclusive next year  ;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: October 6, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Interesting they would put another Lando fig out so soon after the last one too.

Especially considering there may be a 'young Lando' figure coming with the Han standalone stuff next spring too...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 6, 2017, 12:09 PM »
Interesting they would put another Lando fig out so soon after the last one too.

Especially considering there may be a 'young Lando' figure coming with the Han standalone stuff next spring too...

Figuring this line has been going since 2013 and it took 4 years to get Lando in, I'm actually glad it's not taking another 4 years for this one or General Lando.