Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Star Wars - The Next 10 Years according to Lucasfilm

(1/5) > >>

Nicklab:
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy sat down for an interview on THE STAR WARS SHOW to discuss current projects and the future of the franchise. 

When asked about Star Wars Rebels Kennedy hinted that "people are moving on to new things", which may line up with rumors that series EP Dave Filoni has been working on developing a new animated Star Wars tv series.

Kennedy also revealed that Lucasfilm "is looking at the next 10 years of Star Wars stories" and where the sequel trilogy characters like Rey, Finn, Poe and BB-8 might be beyond the events of Episode IX.  The interview covered a number of different story telling platforms, from virtual reality, to Star Wars in Disney theme parks and video games, and how the Star Wars story group is working to present it all in a cohesive fashion.

Matt_Fury:
We've had over a decade of Marvel films and that's turned out pretty well so far.

Jeff:
From Disney today -

12/20/19 STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
12/16/22 UNTITLED STAR WARS
12/20/24 UNTITLED STAR WARS
12/18/26 UNTITLED STAR WARS

(Also Indy, but I'll put that in the Indy 5 thread. ;))

Matt_Fury:
So the are keeping with the Christmas releases...pretty smart since Marvel Owns the summers now.

I'm guessing these next three movies are the three from the GoT show runners?

I wonder if the Rian Johnson trilogy will be on the 21/23/25 or 23/25/27 years?

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on May  7, 2019, 01:51 PM ---I wonder if the Rian Wilson trilogy will be on the 21/23/25 or 23/25/27 years?

--- End quote ---

Disney also announced updated dates for Avatar -
12/17/21 Avatar 2
12/22/23 Avatar 3
12/17/25 Avatar 4
12/19/27 Avatar 5

Disney did not confirm what all those Star Wars movies will actually be - They could be a combo of stand-alone or the GOT Guys/Rian Johnson projects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version