Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Trilogy helmed by Rian Johnson

(1/5) > >>

Jeff:
RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

"As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

Darby:
YES.

ALL OF THIS.

CAN'T WAIT.

Diddly:
Come on Knights of the Old Republic!

Dave:
I'm not totally sold on this yet without more details. 

I really enjoyed Rogue One and the tie ins to the existing story line, but I'm not sure I would enjoy movies that were set in the same universe that weren't well tied in.  I've got different standard for live action TV where I would be all in on this though, but movies, not so much.

I know this announcement is fairly generic and could be all about bounty hunters, maybe a Kenobi trilogy, or something completely different like the travels of ICMG.

I'll be interested to learn more about this.

Jeff:
Will be interesting when they reveal what this is and just how strict they are with the "a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

Do they mean "never before explored" in movies (KOTOR, SWTOR, etc) or do they mean "never before explored" EVER?

My main take-away here is that LFL is obviously all-in on Rian.  For them to give him the keys to world-build a new trilogy of movies and kick things off by writing/directing it, must mean they have HUGE confidence in Ep8.  Makes me happy after the run of bad luck they had with Lord/Miller and Trevorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version