Collectibles > The Last Jedi

TLJ Movie / Figure and Vehicle Choices - SPOILERS

(1/6) > >>

Dave:
It seems Hasbro didn't release any figures and toys that were either not in the TLJ movie or were blink and you'll miss them moments.

I don't know if Hasbro decided to take fewer risks with their first couple of waves of figures/toys this year, and just stuck with the mostly repeat characters, or if they had better collaboration with Disney this time around.

I've only seen the movie once, but I can't really think of any major missed figures, or figures that were made that shouldn't have.  This includes the 3.75" and 6" lines.  Same goes for the vehicles.  You could probably argue the Canto Bight Police Speeder was not important enough or interesting enough to be made, or maybe argue we should have got a "fathier" (Canto Bight beast horse thinger) instead.

In previous movies I've sometimes (cynically) felt that a vehicle / costume change was done solely to create a new toy, but other than the Finn/Rose Imperial disguises (which was relevant to the plot) there really didn't seem to be any extra speeders, beasts, etc. that were thrown in to the movie (other than the whole Canto Bight tangent).

I was originally a little annoyed by all the Praetorian Guard weapon variants leading up to the movie, but after seeing the movie I'm all in on tracking these down and having a full army of them.

Probably my only slight gripe is with some of the 6" exclusive figures (Rey and Luke) that come with an environmental base (and softgoods).  I was kind of hoping that the base they were shipped with were going to have some iconic scenes associated with them, but the bases are not really all that relevant.  I would have preferred they saved a few bucks and didn't give us a base, but gave us a semi-deluxe softgoods treatment with extra accessories.

Qui-Gon Jim:
Did they make a figure of finale apparition Luke?

Dave:
No, but I don't know if we know about anything beyond Wave 2, do we?  Or is Wave 2 the end of the TLJ figures and any future ones would be sprinkled in with future lines (Han Solo movie)?

The "apparition Luke" would be a good figure as well as potentially Jedi Temple Caretakers.  Not sure I need garbage can BB-8, but maybe if its part of a pack in like Rose in disguise.  Maybe Captain Phasma with battle staff.

I don't need shirtless Kylo Ren though...

P-Siddy:
Dave, I agree.  There aren't too many figures that haven't been released that I'd really want outside of Crait Luke.

Diddly:
I wouldn't mind a Holdo figure as I liked her character

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version