Author Topic: TLJ Movie / Figure and Vehicle Choices - SPOILERS  (Read 8896 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: TLJ Movie / Figure and Vehicle Choices - SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 10:29 AM »
The terrible urge to run out and buy everything Praetorian Guard is getting stronger...........

Looked to me like there were 8 total guards, 2 of each of the 4 unique weapons. Hasbro has made 3 of the 4 (Rey 2 pack, Kylo Force Link 2 pack, BB-8 playset), not counting the 3.75 inch Black Series figure, meaning to have a complete set you'd have to double up on them and wait for the 4th to be made.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 11:14 AM »
There are definitely 8, though it would seem there are only 3 distinct helmets. The hat type there are only two of for sure; if I had to guess, there are three each of the other two. That's the best I could make out after three viewings.  :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 12:03 PM »
I haven't had the chance to page through the Visual Dictionary yet (coming from Amazon this week, didn't order until I saw the movie to avoid potential spoilers) - is there anything in there about the Praetorian Guards?

Based on what I "think" I saw, I think it's four on each side of Snoke:

- First, furthest from Snoke = Twin Vibroblade Dude (like the 5POA in 2-pack with Rey)
- Next, Whip-Staff Dude  (like 5POA in the TRU Force Link Set and like the Amazon exclusive 6" Guard)
- Then, Single Vibroblade Dude (like the Walmart 3.75" figure and the 5POA in BB-8 Playset)
- Finally, closest to Snoke = Heavy Blade Dude (really long staff blade, like the Amazon exclusive 6" Guard)

So dudes 2 and 4 have the same helmet style on each side... I think.  I could be wrong...  just what I think I saw after two viewings so far. ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 12:04 PM »
And I believe all 4 weapons types are included with the 3 guards (though I don't believe the whip/sword has articulation).

I do recall seeing one guard "break" his twin blade staff into two piece like Ventress does saber.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:06 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 02:25 PM »
Yes, there is a great section on the Guards in the Visual Dictionary...there are 8 total flanking Snoke, 3 distinct helmet types.

There are 3 of the regular 6" Guards, 3 of the Amazon 6" Guards, and 2 of the Gamestop/B&N 4-pack exclusive Guards.

I am halfway there to completing the full ranks. I don't know if I can go the full route though. I think I might be happy with just 5...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 03:36 PM »
The terrible urge to run out and buy everything Praetorian Guard is getting stronger...........

Looked to me like there were 8 total guards, 2 of each of the 4 unique weapons. Hasbro has made 3 of the 4 (Rey 2 pack, Kylo Force Link 2 pack, BB-8 playset), not counting the 3.75 inch Black Series figure, meaning to have a complete set you'd have to double up on them and wait for the 4th to be made.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this

I think you're good.  I'm also good to go with just two Executioner Stormtroopers.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 10:43 PM »
I think you're good.  I'm also good to go with just two Executioner Stormtroopers.  :D

LOL yeah I almost squeaked when they showed up on screen since I only need to track down one more of the 3.75 inch Executioners now
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 03:58 PM »
This is a really interesting change in direction that you brought up, Dave.  I hadn't noticed it, but you're right.  TFA had a ton of figures that didn't have much if anything to do with the movie, so agree that this is a nice departure from prior releases.  I wonder if this is a refined strategy or if Hasbro just had more time to figure out character lineups in advance this time around.  My understanding is that they previously chose figures from characters at an early stage, but aren't always privy to information on how relevant that character is when they have to start developing sculpts.  Maybe they wanted to get to all the key players quickly before everyone moves on to the Han movie.  It's nice to have all of the core characters out there already for the most part.  I'd still like to see Holdo, Lieutenant Kaydel Ko Connix (Carrie's daughter), FO Gunner, BB-9E, and Captain Canady, but those are mostly minor characters. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 05:23 PM »
They've already made a BB-9E

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2017, 05:44 AM »
Not a TLJ comment reallly, but there was a promotional image from SOLO - A Star Wars Story that leaked which seems to show Han, Chewbacca, Lando and Emilia Clarke's characters.  Oh, and there's a significantly different Millennium Falcon, too.  Hmmmm...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11 AM »
Solo may be a movie line I skip. I say that now, but... I've been wanting to cut back on the modern stuff. None of the new films have let me do that, but I'm barely interested in this. There might be some great aliens/troops, so TBD, but I'd like to sit this one out.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2017, 03:13 PM »
Just expecting three or four same Han and Landos packed with some vehicle or weird weapon. Looking at trend, they aren't going to give us anything by lots of the same major characters.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: January 5, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Solo may be a movie line I skip.

Saw the LEGOs. Laughed at myself.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 5, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Solo may be a movie line I skip.

Saw the LEGOs. Laughed at myself.

I just saw them as well. Definitely some interesting sets in there. I can't bring myself to skip any Lego releases - mostly because I regret not collecting the line in earnest until 2012...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!