Author Topic: Solo 3.75" Kessel Run Millennium Falcon  (Read 16542 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Solo 3.75" Kessel Run Millennium Falcon
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Wait, what's Star Wars again?  It sounds familiar.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Nothing they make is going to top the BMF unless they remake it bigger after I am dead. But this is the only Falcon since the BMF that has me interested. I hope they don't connect it to an app and charge $300 for it like the R1 AT-AT. At least there are no Nerf projectiles this time!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Agreed. Many are only going to be happy if it is BMF sized, and I'm afraid that just isn't going to happen anymore. I feel lucky to have been collecting in that time of large, detailed vehicles as the BMF is one of the favorite things I own, if not top of the list. Maybe the return of the Vintage Collection will bring more of that back.

That said, I kind of like this one too. I can appreciate a fun toy, and a new Falcon is always welcome. I'm planning on picking this up, and getting excited for this movie.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 08:35 AM »
There would be a market for Hasbro to re-release the BMF in a limited run though.  Secondary prices on this are pretty steady..  Sadly, I'm in the market for one as I never got it when it was out.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 09:44 AM »
There would be a market for Hasbro to re-release the BMF in a limited run though.  Secondary prices on this are pretty steady..  Sadly, I'm in the market for one as I never got it when it was out.

I agree, but only to a degree because it's probably the greatest Star Wars vehicle ever made.  Because the ultimate question IF they did that would be "HOW MUCH WILL IT COST"?

The BMF Falcon is easily one of the most complex vehicle/playsets that Hasbro ever made, complete with incredibly complicated tooling.  The original retail price was $159.99, circa 2008.  When it was re-released in TVC packaging in 2012 as a TRU exclusive, it sold for $249.99.  It was incredibly cool, but I do remember those sitting for a while because Star Wars had cooled down and the price was so high.

Fast forward to 2016, and the AT-ACT, complete with walking action feature.  The initial MSRP was $299.99, and people lost their minds.  They were upset about the price, and they were also really disappointed about the scale of the AT-ACT compared with the larger 2010 SOTDS AT-AT.  Either that, or they worked every sale or clearance imaginable.  I know I held off until Amazon had a Lightning Deal and I got the AT-ACT for $50.

All of this begs the question:  what can the market bear in terms of pricing?  And how much would something as big as the BMF Falcon have to retail for now?  Based on past pricing, I would think that it would be at least $300, if not more.  And at that point the sticker shock would likely price a lot of people out of the market.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:55 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Hasbro said at a con or TF in the very recent past the Falcon would be somewhere around $500 in today's market. I was stunned the AT-ACT even made it to retail at $300, knowing that was a non-starter.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Hasbro said at a con or TF in the very recent past the Falcon would be somewhere around $500 in today's market. I was stunned the AT-ACT even made it to retail at $300, knowing that was a non-starter.

At a price like that?  I can't see Hasbro or the retailers taking the risk.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:31 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 11:21 AM »

At a price like that?  I can't see Hasbro or the retailers taking the risk.
I have to agree at that price. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Holding out for a BMF on clearance when they were first released is one of my biggest collecting mistakes... I still want one, but not for $500...

If they could re-release it for $300 to $400 though, I'd be tempted.  I'm surprised they'd need to sell it for $500 today given that all of the tooling is already done.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 01:10 PM »
That is what I was thinking as well.  This wouldn't be a brand new tooling like the AT-ACT was.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Greatest collecting day of my life.

$35 clearance BMF at Target. No sticker. In with foosball and air hockey tables.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Mine would be a AT-TE for $4 from Goodwill.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Mine would be a AT-TE for $4 from Goodwill.

I got my AT-TE for $50 on clearance... not $4 good, but I was happy with it.

My other big vehicle regret was that I missed the Clone Turbo Tank at clearance.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 06:19 PM »
Got my AT-TE for $15 from TRU.com. Falcon for $90 at Target. AT-TE probably is the all time score.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Tooling isn’t so much the issue as labor and a decade of socio economic change in China and more stringent regulations from the US.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77