Author Topic: Solo 3.75" Basic Figures  (Read 49073 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Solo 3.75" Basic Figures
« Reply #45 on: April 9, 2018, 10:53 PM »
I haven't seen any leaked 4" figures on pegs, but at Target today, I did see NOT SCOUT TROOPER in Hasbro's 12" line, whose name I forgot. Patrol Trooper? that's it.

There's no thread for that stuff.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 10:54 PM by Scockery »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 9, 2018, 11:33 PM »
There was one seller at C2E2 who had some... he wanted $12, I passed.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 09:33 AM »
So from those wave packs there is no reason to ever pick up figures at retail since they will never get beyond wave 2.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Some figures have leaked in my area.  I haven't seen them personally, but they're going to turn up soon enough.  There's certainly no need to go crazy finding them.  Especially since both Target and WalMart are likely to have sales that will attempt to undercut each other for the rollout.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:40 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 6, 2018, 02:55 PM »
Did a little looking around at the figures and discovered that K 2SO is a very slight re-paint; the orange shoulder markings are more yellowish and for some reason, some of the sculpting details seem crisper. Definitely enough for me to buy another for opening.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2018, 01:14 AM »
I see there's a report on RS.com someone found wave 2 at a grocery store. They have pics of Molloch, Leia and Snoke. They left a Kylo Ren.

A) Is Snoke a straight up repack of the playset one?
B) It says Kylo is masked. What TLJ repack would that be?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:08 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2018, 09:39 AM »
There was a masked Kylo Ren shown at NYCC at those private Hasbro sessions, but there weren't any good images of it.  But the word that I've seen about that version of Kylo Ren is that it's a repack of the figure that was released with the first Force Link gauntlet.

And yes, Snoke is a repack of the figure that was released with the playset.  But like every other new figure it seems to have the Force Link 2.0 chip.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Kylo is a repack of the Force Link set, which I just bought at Target for $3.74. Along with Hoth Leia, who is the best version of this character they've ever done and Moloch, who is hands down the best alien figure of the Disney era. He has a very PT quality and the figure itself is weighty, intricate and very, very well done.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Found a case of wave 2 on the pegs at Target today, the cards all crinkled on the right side. I picked up Hoth Leia and Moloch. Great figures on both counts.

Leia is the upgrade I didn't know I needed, and all the fun little details oh Moloch have me anticipating the character in the movie next week in ways that remind me of getting Admiral Ackbar early in 1983.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 05:33 PM »
I found Wave 2 as well - was incredibly disappointed to find that the Moloch figure had two right hands. I ended up returning it to the store. I had opened him up and completely cut the bubble from the cardback so fingers-crossed that there's no way they're gonna just tape it back on and put it back on the shelves.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 8, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Where are the Solo figures?!  That movie was great and they've made what, a dozen 3.75" figures?  I haven't bought the Falcon or the Forcelink thing-y, so I don't even have a Han
yet...

Are we expecting a bunch of reveals at Toy Fair this year?

Also, is there anything new about the wave 2 Kylo Ren other than the chip?
« Last Edit: June 8, 2018, 02:52 PM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 8, 2018, 03:44 PM »
Anybody know Target's plans to get rid of the TLJ figures?  Its kind of annoying to roll in to the store looking for Solo figures and see overflowing pegs with Rose, Hux, etc. from TLJ.  I wish they would just clearance those out.

Or is it the case the the Solo assortment is going to be short lived with a new combo / generic SW line coming out soonish that will keep using the same DPCI?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 8, 2018, 05:15 PM »
I've had the same thought, but what are they going to fill it in with? TLJ is only a half year old. If they want to devote that much space to Star Wars I don't think they have a choice.

How long was TFA on the shelf til it clearanced?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 8, 2018, 05:49 PM »
I think TFA was on the shelf for a year until it was replaced by RO, which was on the shelf for a year until it was replaced by TLJ.

I think part of the challenge is that it has only been six months between movie and figure line releases.

Unfortunately TLJ stuff has gotten super stale.  It would be another thing if they were still releasing assortments to keep this line going, but its been 5 months since a new figure came out from that line.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2018, 12:34 PM »
The waves for Solo are kind of crazy. Wave 3 is pretty much OT/re-release characters and wave 4 is the rest of the Solo figures. Good ones, too. I'm worried because the final wave has been the hardest to come by.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."