Author Topic: Solo 3.75" Basic Figures  (Read 49079 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Solo 3.75" Basic Figures
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Qi'ra is going to be the new pegwarmer of this line. But they have to push whatever female character there is now or else the media will blast them for it. With that said I will probably buy both the 6 inch and this version  :-*
It may not be a bad idea for Hasbro to incorporate some figures from the past few films. I just wish they were new or what was limited such as Raddus.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 05:26 PM »
I really like the looks of these too, I'm definitely in for the Solo figures. I do hope we get a little more off the bat than three figures, but I think we will. I know there was a 2 pack shown in Germany including Lando, so that's great too. I wonder if we will get a big launch for these? I know it has been rumored, but I know for Rogue One stores kind of put them out whenever around here, unlike the Saga movies.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Carded Shots of Range Trooper, Qi.ra, Chewbacca, Mimban Stormtrooper...

* Pictures from tweets of @justinlasalata.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Mimban Troopers look cool.  Remind me of the Hawkbat Batallion Clones from many many moons ago.  Even the basic looks neat and worth picking up a few.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 11:09 PM »
Mimban Troopers look cool.  Remind me of the Hawkbat Batallion Clones from many many moons ago.  Even the basic looks neat and worth picking up a few.

What do you think about the right elbow? Articulation or moulded that way?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 11:17 PM »
Without having the FO flametrooper handy to look at I'm thinking maybe a single extra joint.  Either way it's not good enough but it's also not an impossible articulation mod either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 09:49 PM »
Anybody else surprised or disappointed by the wave 1 breakdown Yakface posted earlier today? I'm stupefied by the fact there is no basic Han Solo, and only four figures from the film at all. I know there are TVC figures coming and the 2 packs, but this is the weakest launch they have ever done. I know Hasbro has said 5 POA will continue along side TVC, but clearly there's some rerouting of resources.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 09:55 PM »
Anybody else surprised or disappointed by the wave 1 breakdown Yakface posted earlier today? I'm stupefied by the fact there is no basic Han Solo, and only four figures from the film at all. I know there are TVC figures coming and the 2 packs, but this is the weakest launch they have ever done. I know Hasbro has said 5 POA will continue along side TVC, but clearly there's some rerouting of resources.

I think it's likely due to the fact that this one is releasing six months after the last film, unlike Rogue One and TLJ which were each a year after the last one - and TFA which they had even more time to prepare for.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 07:57 AM »
I think the lack of a basic Han Solo is a strategic business move by Hasbro.  Because there are versions of Han Solo, but at higher price points:  with the Force Link 2.0, in the TVC line, in the 2-packs and very likely with the landspeeder.  Frankly, I think that sucks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 10:02 AM »
I think the lack of a basic Han Solo is a strategic business move by Hasbro.  Because there are versions of Han Solo, but at higher price points:  with the Force Link 2.0, in the TVC line, in the 2-packs and very likely with the landspeeder.  Frankly, I think that sucks.

Agree 100%. You also left off the Han that comes with the $99 Millenium Falcon.

You gotta pay for Solo.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 10:37 AM »

Agree 100%. You also left off the Han that comes with the $99 Millenium Falcon.

You gotta pay for Solo.

How silly of me!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49 PM »
I know Yakface has an awesome list of all the upcoming goodies, but is there a resource that breaks down what is new vs. repacks?  I've seen that for the TVC figs, but not for the basic figs.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 05:54 PM by Dave »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I know Yakface as an awesome list of all the upcoming goodies, but is there a resource that breaks down what is new vs. repacks?  I've seen that for the TVC figs, but not for the basic figs.

All the basic 3 3/4" figures have the !NEW! Force Link II feature so they're all new, technically. Even Especially Jyn Erso.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 05:55 PM »
I know Yakface as an awesome list of all the upcoming goodies, but is there a resource that breaks down what is new vs. repacks?  I've seen that for the TVC figs, but not for the basic figs.

All the basic 3 3/4" figures have the !NEW! Force Link II feature so they're all new, technically. Even Especially Jyn Erso.

I've lost interest in refreshed Force Link features and consider those repacks at this point.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2018, 10:29 PM »
So I assume we are getting no Solo figures or toys at TRU this year.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours