Author Topic: Solo 3.75" Basic Figures  (Read 49471 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Solo 3.75" Basic Figures
« Reply #120 on: November 1, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Is the carded Mimban Han Solo the exact same thing as the one in the multi-pack?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 1, 2018, 11:58 PM »
Is the carded Mimban Han Solo the exact same thing as the one in the multi-pack?

Looks like it to me Rob.

I have both, but only the 6-pack one open, I have the one carded version that I've found so far still MOC. I gave up hitting my local Walmarts in hopes of finding this wave and just went in on a case from EE, so I should have one of the carded release opened to compare soon (my wave 4 case just shipped)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2018, 11:39 PM »
Not sure how long they’ll last but I just managed to order most of the new Solo wave off of HTS. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Target is clearancing both Solo and Last Jedi Figs. First stage clearance, but underway none-the-less.

EDIT

...and I see this has been mentioned in the discount thread.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:25 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 1, 2019, 08:13 PM »
This isn't related so much to the TLJ or SOLO basic figure lines so much as it is the ENTIRE 3.75" figure line.  Since the movie line for Episode 9 does not launch until October, are we going to get any new figures from across the saga?  The sequel films, Rogue One and Solo all seem like there are some significant gaps that could be filled in with some new characters or alternate versions of characters that have already been made. 

Clearly, this conversation isn't happening in a vacuum.  There seems to be something of a line for the RESISTANCE animated show.  Will it grow beyond this initial wave and the 2-packs?  The Galaxy of Adventures line seems like the return of Saga Legends, but how deep is Hasbro going to go on this?  And The Vintage Collection will have a decent run, but won't be shipping a wave per month like other 3.75" figure lines like in the old days.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 1, 2019, 11:31 PM »
Target is clearancing both Solo and Last Jedi Figs. First stage clearance, but underway none-the-less.

EDIT

That’s awesome if I want two dozen Rose or Hux figures.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #126 on: January 2, 2019, 11:46 AM »

EDIT

That’s awesome if I want two dozen Rose or Hux figures.

You don't?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 2, 2019, 11:47 AM »
You don't?

Well I already have two dozen Rose and Hux figures.  What would I do with 4 dozen?!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #128 on: January 2, 2019, 03:54 PM »
Twice as much as two dozen?  :D

I'll show myself out.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2019, 03:55 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 2, 2019, 04:13 PM »
I guess there may be a limit to how many sneering First Order officers one can have.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: January 2, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Fun facts about Hux I’ve seen literally nobody point out...

1) he has a mousedroid you can use anywhere...  ok everyone knows that one sorry.

2) his head is the ubiquitous army builder sized ball so he fits Rebel pilots, Hoth rebs and some other neck balls decently.  He’s kinda generic looking too.

3) His coat has lines on the back cut to match the seams of his sleeves but did you know the coat is removable and those same seams are cut on the back of the figure with no gaps at the arm joint?  IE: Hasbro intentionally made a Hux whose coat is removable if you wanted (I don’t think anyone noticed or cared to point it out really?🤷‍♂️).

4) Hux’s trench coat very nicely fits onto at least the old 2007 Death Star Trooper making a great coat clad black uniform imperial if you fancy something with some Rogue One/Solo imperial flare to it.  Look neat with your Mimban Troopers imho.

5) TFA’s Hux head with hat swaps to TLJ Hux nicely so you can have Hux with hat on too both with and without his coat.

His one ****** drawback is still no holster and he has one because he goes for his blaster when he thinks he could kill Kylo...  kind of a bummer.

I have many Hux and will pick more up for the heads coats and droid.  I’m easy. 😕
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 3, 2019, 12:16 AM »
That is some serious Hux love, Jesse!

I'll add a Hux fact...to my credit/shame I put Hux's coat on a Bala Tik figure and it looks pretty good.

(Now you can buy another Rathtar on clearance too!)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: January 3, 2019, 01:09 AM »
Hmmm that may be a good bala tik update to try.

I was amazed Hasbro seemed to intentionally make his coat removable but I honestly didn’t see anyone anywhere mention it.  I don’t really read reviews much though, but the only one who I think would’ve caught it is Jayson.  It’s subtle but it sure seems intentional to me since the arms don’t leave a gap when the coat is off.  It’s like it was never there. 

And it does look oddly cool on some imperials...  I haven’t tried it on all black suited imps yet but the 30AC Death Star Trooper was pretty flawless looking with it.  I slapped an extra officers hat on him and he was out the door as a colder weather Trooper Officer hangin out and being kinda useless.

My point remains though, Hux is the overlooked gem of the TLJ line.  If I were casting still I’d whip up some heads for those now useless black FO Officer bodies I have lying around.  He’s my new ASP-7 maybe. 🤔
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 01:12 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 3, 2019, 12:13 PM »
I picked up an extra TLJ Hux because I saw some army building potential.  The removable coat is a very nice feature and I'm glad to hear about the shoulders.

And a mouse droid is always gravy in my book too, Matt!

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2019, 05:24 PM »
Picked up L3-37, Val, Rio and Solo (mimban) from Hasbro Toy Shop of Ebay for $7.99 each. I think they still have them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours