Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 135737 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #525 on: April 25, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Mine arrived fine.  The pic Jayson posted appears like the sorter caught it and basically spun tire (the little rubber rollers in this case) on the cardboard and bent it, but I would think that’d be a rarity.  The book is pretty flexible too so I’d guess the package takes most of the bending and abuse and the book could still be fine.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2018, 04:36 PM »
I find the new ways to hate Hasbro humerous.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2018, 01:57 AM »
I was expecting it'd be smaller and stapled at the spine, so I'm pleasantly surprised with the dimension and binding type.

Mine was left on the porch and arrived in fine shape. Too bad others received bent booklets. The envelope is made from backer board stock; and with the spine perpendicular to the length of the envelope, it's very stiff and obviously shouldn't be bent. The blame is on the carrier.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 29, 2018, 10:04 AM »
I'm definitely thankful about the size and dimensions of my mailbox, because mine arrived in good shape.  But it stinks that some of the booklets wound up getting bent.

Interesting side note?  The secondary market seems to be going nuts about all things Jabba and his goons.  I had some extra POTF2 Skiff Guards cinema scenes that I bought on clearance back in the day.  Why I thought I really needed 5 of them is beyond me.  But I sold through some of those really quick, along with my extra POTF2 Skiff.  I wonder how crazy people are going about Nysad and Vizam, who both have those sail barge cannon accessories?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 29, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Currently on eBay the cheapest it looks like you can get a Behind the Workbench booklet is $30 if no one else bids.

For the life of me I can't figure out what you would want with one for that much money. To just have that and no barge seems odd. To each their own I guess
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 29, 2018, 10:43 PM »
Seriously?  I’ll probably sell mine then.  I don’t really need it and anything that lowers the cost of the barge seems like a good idea to me...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 29, 2018, 11:00 PM »
I didn't word that perfectly. You can BIN for 60. There's a current auction at $15 but also one almost at 30 so in theory the others should get there too

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2018, 10:19 AM »
Wow, I should sell mine too.  Doubt I will ever look at it again.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2018, 11:37 AM »
I sold mine a few days ago... the cost of my barge is now $506 minus whatever I can get for the POTF Yak Face.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 19, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Hmmm, since I bought two barges, I have two copies of this book - I wonder if I could get good money for the one that I haven't opened yet...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 12, 2018, 11:12 PM »
Guessing I'm probably not the only one who used PayPal Credit to pay for this, taking advantage of their interest free six-month payoff window. Tonight at midnight (PST) is the deadline, for me anyway, so I was happy to just make my final installment and officially pay this sucker off.  :)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #536 on: December 20, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Looking over the latest batch of pictures from Hasbro... I cannot wait to get this thing.

Looks like they put a lot of effort into the packaging to ensure that the POTF-carded Yakface will have a shot at arriving in minty condition.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2018, 01:02 PM »

Looks like they put a lot of effort into the packaging to ensure that the POTF-carded Yakface will have a shot at arriving in minty condition.

Indeed, but I kind of expected that since that Yak Face was being packed within a box already, that the barge packaging would have to be all but thrashed to damage the Yak Face. None-the-less, appreciate the care.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2019, 01:29 PM »
So...just about a month until these things ship out?

I now have a Yakface for my palace as well as a Yakface for my barge, which means I can keep the pack-in Yakface on the card...something I very, very rarely do.

Anyone starting to fill holes in their collection to fill up the barge, or are you planning on moving all your palace figures into the barge? I've been doubling up where necessary, but I still need to get a double of the Max Rebo band Doesn't seem like the eBay prices are all that bad. But I wish Hasbro would redo the band. They could use it.

For any of you looking to populate a palace setup and the barge, I created this spreadsheet of who was where:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IdCU-wuNRV5mhjn4WOc7swe2-CXka82Y3_bihEYWdz4/edit?usp=sharing
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Anyone else as skeptical as me that at least some people won't be seeing their barge until second half of year?