Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137036 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Is there a rumor on that?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2019, 02:48 PM »
I would have assumed that they would have already known of production or logistical challenges and provided some new expectations on delivery timing if they were far off course.  If they are far off course and haven't communicated then shame on them.

They've done a great job keeping us in the loop with their periodic updates, packaging design, etc.   I'm assuming we're going to get this more or less on time, at least for US customers where the logistics should be easier.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2019, 02:49 PM »
Not that I know. But the second it took an extra three weeks or whatever it was to get the pamphlets out I've assumed the worst
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 26, 2019, 12:19 PM »
I've seen no indication of a delay. The updates seem to indicate that production is well underway. Even if there was a delay, I take comfort in the fact that this is bought and paid for and will arrive eventually.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 9, 2019, 08:24 AM »
There's a Yak-Face up for pre-order on eBay for $399.99. So if you didn't think the Barge was worth a $100 but want Yak hurry over.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 9, 2019, 10:27 AM »
There was one at auction a little over a week ago and it was at $355 with 4 days left, so I tried to sell mine on a lark and someone bought it for $375 within about 4 hours.

If you're thinking about selling yours, the early birds are out there now... and the market is going to flood with Yak's soon.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 9, 2019, 10:39 AM »
All I can say is wow

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 9, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Why wouldn't you buy the barge, keep Yak and sell the barge? I don't get it

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 9, 2019, 12:09 PM »
Why wouldn't you buy the barge, keep Yak and sell the barge? I don't get it

I'm sure some will. The are a few folks who bought 2 barges for the explicit purpose of selling the contents of one to make up the cost of purchase of the other. $300 for the Yakface, $300 for the barge -- bam! Free 2nd barge.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 9, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Right. But my question is to the guy who bought Rob's Yak for $375.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 9, 2019, 01:59 PM »
He and I have been emailing back and forth a little bit, he basically says he dragged his feet on ordering during the period where you could and has been kicking himself ever since, but he really wants the figure and doesn't want to take chances.  And, he is getting the figure for less than the cost of the barge, and doesn't have to deal with the barge.  I suppose a few hundred bucks isn't worth the time to people who have plenty of money and not a ton of time...

So he locked one down nice and early since the supply / demand on this thing when they really show up is going to be a total crap shoot.  8k of the things... probably half or more never see the light of day... are there more than 4k or 5k people worldwide who will want this one at several hundred dollars?  Almost definitely.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2019, 02:01 PM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 9, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Hmm, now I wonder if I can wait til the summer to get the Barge by itself for cheap. Not too concerned about the Yak Face since I'm an opener and can just buy the VTC version
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 9, 2019, 03:24 PM »
Did we ever hear if they're only building the amount that were pre-purchased?  I would think there are going to be extras that end up at EE, etc. that people could probably get.

I gotta get my carded Yakface up on eBay if that is what people are pre-paying for them.  I too am an opener and would like to basically swap a carded Yakface for a free barge.

I've never pre-sold or pre-purchased anything on eBay.  Anybody have any advice/warnings about doing this?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 9, 2019, 07:39 PM »
Did we ever hear if they're only building the amount that were pre-purchased?  I would think there are going to be extras that end up at EE, etc. that people could probably get.

I gotta get my carded Yakface up on eBay if that is what people are pre-paying for them.  I too am an opener and would like to basically swap a carded Yakface for a free barge.

I've never pre-sold or pre-purchased anything on eBay.  Anybody have any advice/warnings about doing this?

I'm pretty sure that during the ordering period they said several times that they would be made to order and that would be all.

Of course, they could change their minds a year later and make a ton of money cranking out more of them...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 9, 2019, 10:53 PM »
I would hope they see the huge money-making potential in these limited edition vintage figures first. Sim Aloo on a POTF card with coin included with the Haslab  Death Star, baby!