Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 135725 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 11:34 AM »
The best part about is you can put 30 years of dudes on it. It's sort of a default display case. Same as going nuts at IKEA I guess.

I have a credit card...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16 PM »
The whole Haslab concept is genius. This will, once and for all, put the hardcore fanbase on the map and give us a voice, assuming it succeeds. I feel lucky enough that I can get one without sweating too much. For some reason, I can't see there not being 5000 folks out there who both want this and have the means. I hope I'm right, because I'd love a properly scaled Imperial Shuttle.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2018, 01:34 PM »
The whole Haslab concept is genius. This will, once and for all, put the hardcore fanbase on the map and give us a voice, assuming it succeeds. I feel lucky enough that I can get one without sweating too much. For some reason, I can't see there not being 5000 folks out there who both want this and have the means. I hope I'm right, because I'd love a properly scaled Imperial Shuttle.  :P

All we need is 1 out of every 64,600 Americans to pull the trigger on this.

That seems doable right?!

I'd also have to imagine there are a number of collectors in other countries willing to have friends in the U.S. buy them and pay the extra price for shipping and customs out of the country.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:35 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2018, 01:36 PM »
850 backers and climbing.  I wonder where it's going to be by the end of the week?

The sail barge plus a pair of Skiffs and the TLC Battle at the Sarlacc Pit might make for one of the most complete dioramas in all of Star Wars collecting.  We certainly have loads of Jabba's goons and skiff guards to fill these things out.

Speaking for myself?  I really want this, but the potential credit card expenditure is something that's tough to justify.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2018, 02:39 PM »
We certainly have loads of Jabba's goons and skiff guards to fill these things out.

Loads? I wouldn't say loads.  ;) We have a bunch but, there's more than a few glaring holes in Jabba's goon squad.  I still want an updated Klaatu in Skiff Guard outfit and any human dude beyond Lando. I won't be happy until we have every guy on both Skiffs.  ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2018, 02:54 PM »
We certainly have loads of Jabba's goons and skiff guards to fill these things out.

Loads? I wouldn't say loads.  ;) We have a bunch but, there's more than a few glaring holes in Jabba's goon squad.  I still want an updated Klaatu in Skiff Guard outfit and any human dude beyond Lando. I won't be happy until we have every guy on both Skiffs.  ;D

It might be debatable (possibly the driver), but I think everyone might be accounted for from the Skiff that Luke, Han, Chewie and Lando were on.  And there are maybe 3 guys left from the second Skiff. 

I would welcome that Klaatu update, too.  A couple of human guards would be good additions, but I wonder if there might be issues with them and likeness rights?  As for everyone else in Jabba's circle, I had compiled this list a while back that might cover things:

PALACE
Jabba the hutt with throne (multiple versions - SOTDS version might be the best)
Bib Fortuna
Salacious Crumb
C-3PO (30AC version)
R2-D2
Han Solo in Carbonite
Leia in Boussh disguise
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (and the hologram version, too)
Lando Calrissian in skiff guard disguise
Gamorrean Guard
Wooof
Boba Fett (red gauntlets)
Dengar
Bossk
EV-9D9
8-D8
Gonk Droid
BG-J38
CZ-4
Bane Malar
Ree Yees
Saelt Marae (Yakface)
Yarna D'al Gargan
Jawas
Giran
Malakili
Pote Snitkin
Hermi Odle
Ephant Mon
Amanaman
J'Quille
Tanus Spijek
Tessek
Bubo
Wol Cabashite
B'omarr Monk
Greedo {the Rodian(s) in the palace are almost identical to Greedo from ANH}
The Rancor!
MAX REBO BAND MEMBERS:
Max Rebo
Droopy McCool
Sy Snootles
Joh Yowza
Ak-Rev
Umpass-Stay
Rappertunie
Barquin D'an
Boda Bodonawieedo
Greeata
Rystall
Lyn Me
JABBA'S PALACE 3D PLAYSET WITH HAN SOLO IN CARBONITE

SKIFF GUARDS / PIT OF CARKOON
Weequay
Weequay Skiff Master
Kithaba
Barada
Klaatu
Nikto (Skiff Guard)
Vizam
Jabba's bartender droid
Bar2-D2
Nikto Gunner (Nysad)
Pote Snitkin
Jabba's Skiff Guard (TBS - Sgt. Doallyn)
PIT OF CARKOON ULTIMATE BATTLE PACK (with Sarlacc & Skiff)
Leia in slave outfit with Sail barge cannon
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2018, 03:02 PM »
For those that say you can't afford it, just open a zero interest credit card and pay it off in installments.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2018, 03:43 PM »
I am so temptedd to jump in on this.  I like the route Hasbro is going in getting something like this made.  If I were to pull the trigger, I would have to reorganize my entire collection room.  My Jabba’s palace diorama would have to become a Khetanna diorama, and I’m still not sure where I could put it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2018, 03:46 PM »
From the first skiff, I believe the driver (the guy that Lando wrestled with before their knocked into the sand) is the only one missing that I recall at the moment.  I'd be happy with the guy that shoots Luke's hand as well.  If it's a case of likeness, they can change the face and I'd be fine with it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2018, 04:13 PM »
For those that say you can't afford it, just open a zero interest credit card and pay it off in installments.

This isn’t always great advice.  Keep in mind opening new lines of credit affects the AAoA part of your credit score and should only be considered if you’re someone who’s responsible with credit.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 04:19 PM »

This isn’t always great advice.  Keep in mind opening new lines of credit affects the AAoA part of your credit score and should only be considered if you’re someone who’s responsible with credit.

It's that "responsible with credit" part that's the key. I used my PayPal Credit to pay - for all purchases over $100, I have 6 months of no interest to pay it back. Since I ordered 2 that's less than $200 a month that I have to come up with to pay this off before I start accruing interest. I use it every year for the Lego SDCC exclusives, I also used it for the Lego UCS Millennium Falcon - I have yet to ever give PayPal a penny of interest.

The six months on this won't start until the charge is made on April 3rd - so that's plenty of time for me to come up with the money.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 04:37 PM »
I have a low interest 1.5% cash back all purchases CC I use for this, auto parts, major expenses, and all my online toy purchases.  It has a moderate limit and I just prefer to have it for things like this and whatnot.  At least I'm getting something back too.  Like Rob said though, be wary of just opening CCs to do things randomly.  Too many open lines and you're screwing yourself over.  Even opening and quickly paying off/closing the card impacts your score negatively sometimes.  Depends where you are in life I suppose too, like owning your home, no plans to buy another, no new car purchase anytime soon, all that jazz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Edit
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:22 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2018, 05:05 PM »
I was half a joking about the credit card thing, but half serious.  20 years ago I would have done it, in spite of it potentially opening a Pandora's box.  That's pretty much the whole deal with credit cards.  Instant gratification, prolonged debt.  Potentially prolonged satisfaction too though.  It can be a mixed bag and obviously a lot of people get themselves into trouble.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 05:44 PM »
**** it. I just ordered it... I'm in.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram