Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 136801 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2018, 08:46 AM »
While maybe it varied, when that Falcon was in stores here in 2012, it was $329.99.

I'm not doubting you in the least, Rob.  I do recall word of the price of the TVC reissue of the BMF Falcon varying, but I wasn't all that tuned into it since I had bought mine back in 2008.  But I have seen varying pricing at TRU before in some markets.  That $249.99 is what RS had in their image guide which I referenced while putting together the list.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2018, 08:59 AM »
I got mine for 50% off Black Friday sale.  Definitely worth it.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2018, 10:26 AM »
I got the BMF in 2008 for full price ($159). I don't regret it at all.

$250 or more would have sucked a bit, though. But damn, that thing is a crown jewel in my collection. I still absolutely love it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Was thinking about this last night and started wondering how and why they decided on the deadline. I mean, if they end up getting close but falling short could they not just extend it? Seems like the more time they gave people the better response they would have.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Was thinking about this last night and started wondering how and why they decided on the deadline. I mean, if they end up getting close but falling short could they not just extend it? Seems like the more time they gave people the better response they would have.

I think that since the TOS said:

In the event the campaign is not successfully backed with the minimum number of backers (5,000) by 11:59 EST on April 3rd, 2018, you will not be charged, and no The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) vehicle or Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind the Workbench booklet will be sent to you.

...that they've denied themselves that flexibility.  The only way I could see them making it even if it hasn't hit its numbers in the closing moments, is to simply order the remainder for themselves and sell them on HTS or something like that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2018, 11:04 AM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2018, 11:30 AM »

It is interesting that they imposed the deadline.  But then they might have a deadline with the factory where they've got to commit by a certain date in order to deliver by February 28, 2019.

The deadline also brings to mind the whole kickstarter concept.  And while this is really more of a pre-order situation, Hasbro does seem to be invoking the spirit of the crowdfunding model in their efforts to promote this project.  The one point of hope is that there's usually a surge in backers towards the end of the campaign.  But the last time I checked, we hadn't reached 2000 backers yet, and the growth rate in backers seem to be slowing.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2018, 03:42 PM »
The Sail Barge is sitting at 1,999... cracking 2k any time now. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2018, 07:46 PM »
I believe it's been over for a while now.  It's gettin there. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2018, 07:56 PM »
I think they have to assign a deadline to these things or those on the fence/waiting will just keep putting it off.  That said, it's not unusual for the deadline to get extended if they're close.  The Sectaurs kickstarter ($40k) was set for just a month.  It's past the $40k milestone, but they recently added a troopbuilder and extended another month.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2018, 08:49 PM »
...that they've denied themselves that flexibility.  The only way I could see them making it even if it hasn't hit its numbers in the closing moments, is to simply order the remainder for themselves and sell them on HTS or something like that.

That's what I expect will happen if it doesn't get opened up to international soon.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Everything I've read regarding international orders was that Hasbro would NOT open up orders for international buyers until the US market had gotten to the 5000 backer threshold.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2018, 08:23 PM »
After a good showing yesterday, today seems to have been a bit of a dud.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Barge Backer Update: 2095

Come on guys, buy this or no one will ever love you and your dog will die.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Another dud of a day today so far..., and I'm guessing it'll be more of the same for the next few weeks.  If this is happening, it's going to take a huge push at the end and maybe Hasbro buying some for themselves, I think.