Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 135757 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2018, 01:27 PM »
According to JTA, Dark Side Toys is about to open up Sail Barge ordering to a whole pile of countries:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧
Germany 🇩🇪
France 🇫🇷
Netherlands 🇳🇱
Belgium 🇧🇪
Luxembourg 🇱🇺
Republic of Ireland 🇮🇪
Austria 🇦🇹
Denmark 🇩🇰
Italy 🇮🇹
Czech Republic 🇨🇿
Spain 🇪🇸
Slovakia 🇸🇰
Finland 🇫🇮
Portugal 🇵🇹
Sweden 🇸🇪
Poland 🇵🇱
Estonia 🇪🇪
Hungary 🇭🇺
Slovenia 🇸🇮
Croatia 🇭🇷
Latvia 🇱🇻
Greece 🇬🇷
Romania 🇷🇴
Bulgaria 🇧🇬
Lithuania 🇱🇹

If that's true, there's probably a surge incoming...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:28 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Well, after their "EXCLUSIVE" images of Mark Boudreaux holding a box, it MUST be true!!!

::)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Is it me. or did the total go down from 2671 to 2658 sometime overnight? Up to 2668 now, but I could swear there was a negative adjustment.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Is it me. or did the total go down from 2671 to 2658 sometime overnight?

A drop in numbers has been happening once or twice a week the past two weeks - Hasbro says it's some combo of people cancelling and/or credit card declines or other payment issues.

According to JTA, Dark Side Toys is about to open up Sail Barge ordering to a whole pile of countries:
[snip]
If that's true, there's probably a surge incoming...

We'll see...  I hear that to cover the extra shipping and fees, they will be charging around 599GBP, which is around $835 each.  Not sure how many folks are going to be able to swing that... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2018, 04:21 PM »
We'll see...  I hear that to cover the extra shipping and fees, they will be charging around 599GBP, which is around $835 each.  Not sure how many folks are going to be able to swing that...

I routinely read people in the RS Gentle Giant forum who live in the UK talking about shipping costs and customs fees being equal to or sometimes higher than the cost of the statue / mini-bust.  I'd have to imagine that a lot of people who collect Star Wars items from American companies have grown to expect lots of extra costs.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:22 PM by Rob »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2018, 05:01 PM »
Hmm. So much for that idea. Good opportunity for the folks who can swing it though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Well, after their "EXCLUSIVE" images of Mark Boudreaux holding a box, it MUST be true!!!

::)

LoLz
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Steve Evans of Hasbro shared the info about Dark Side Toys offering up the Sail Barge in Europe.  Considering it's after midnight there right now?  I think we're more likely to see a surge in orders tomorrow, once the word can get out.  But if people in the U.S. had sticker shock, I can only imagine how European collectors will react to 599 UKP.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2018, 07:52 PM »
They’ve been complaining incessantly about price on TVC since it was announced so yeah I expect actually a lot of implosion on this price and a refusal to buy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2018, 09:09 PM »
For this to have been a viable offering, Hasbro would have had to leverage their own European distribution channels to try and keep the mark-up minimal. But I think the European collectors were hoping/thinking it would be in the 360GBP and 405EUR range, not 599GBP which equates to $835USD - that's kind of insane.

There will be a blip from this offering, but not a significant one that would push this closer to catching up to the needed backers/day run-rate it currently needs - which is now up to 128 backers/day.

I see a lot of people over on JTA treating that picture of Mark Boudreaux holding up the outer shipping box along with the dimensions of the outer and inner boxes as gospel that Hasbro has a plan for this to succeed no matter what. I'm sure dimensions and weight of the shipping carton were VERY MUCH on the minds of team before HasLab was even launched because those two numbers are definitely part of consideration when it comes to shipping costs. Never mind the fact that it's March and the east coast has been blustery cold and there's good ole Mark smiling on a sunny day wearing a T-Shirt.  :-X
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:32 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2018, 10:59 PM »
Well I mean I think it can happen and it will happen but at the same time I don’t tho k that box had **** to do with confirming or helping to confirm Hasbro really thinks this is a done deal...  cuz of a box lol.  But hey, whatever helps them keep on believing in themselves I guess.🤷‍♂️

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2018, 12:32 AM »
Unless I'm missing something, the Dark Side Toys link making the rounds takes you to a details page, but no ordering info. They need to add a link on that page, otherwise you have to search their site to find it... or, am I blind?  I am getting old so maybe I'm just not seeing it.

On any note, use this link to order:
https://www.darksidetoys.co.uk/searc...t&q=sail+barge

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Just noticed they have the option for a "partial payment," with the full balance being due in Feb 2019...that's a pretty smart move, since the partial payment pretty much covers the cost up-front. I wonder if that will urge more people to pull the trigger?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2018, 12:31 PM »
I mentioned to them that the partial payment said balance was due Feb 18 rather than 19.  Also the direct link thing. They said they are going to update it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Well, kudos to Dark Side Toys for stepping in like this - there has definitely been a surge today.

I wonder how this is being done/accomplished. I would think it's most likely that they have a contact/business-partner in the US (or Canada) and each time someone orders the Sail Barge from their website, they have that individual place an order on HasLab - since the limit is on 5 per order and not on the number of orders, their business partner in North America could just keep doing that over and over again. HasLab will then just ship the bulk of them all to a single location and then Dark Side will just mass ship all of them from North America to the UK and then from there ship them around Europe. The "mark-up" is probably them knowing exactly how much tax/tariff there will be at each step in the process, so while I'm sure they're getting something for their trouble, I doubt it's much.

So definitely a win-win for them - if I lived in the UK, I would strongly be considering using them as my exclusive online retailer for all my Star Wars purchases.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!