Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137617 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2018, 10:40 PM »
I think in order for the kickstarter to have the sense of urgency they need, they can't be like "order whenever you feel like it!" But if they hit the 5,000 needed, I wouldn't be surprised if they still take orders. I mean, why not? Unless there's a concern that people would wise up with the next offering.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2018, 11:32 AM »
3585 and counting.  It's a good thing some of my stuff has been selling!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2018, 02:52 PM »
3611... it really does seem to have some sustained momentum.

I wonder if the Hasbro algorithm that's in place to make sure it hits like 5,003 as the clock ticks down has finally kicked in. :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2018, 02:58 PM »
3611... it really does seem to have some sustained momentum.

I wonder if the Hasbro algorithm that's in place to make sure it hits like 5,003 as the clock ticks down has finally kicked in. :)

Whatever gets it across the finish line!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18 PM »

>.>

I wonder - I know I kind of shrugged off the conspiracy theories - but given some of the info others have found, could they be suppressing numbers to keep orders coming in? As in they're trickling out numbers per the algorithm.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2018, 04:08 PM »

>.>

I wonder - I know I kind of shrugged off the conspiracy theories - but given some of the info others have found, could they be suppressing numbers to keep orders coming in? As in they're trickling out numbers per the algorithm.

Or it could be the other way around.  They may be artificially pumping up the numbers to make sure it hits 5000 and pull any fence sitters in, and then will keep the order window open a little longer so more orders come in to offset some of the fake orders.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Yeah, what Dave said.  I can't believe they would hold orders back.  The smaller numbers are what's holding some people back from ordering.  Plus someone would have caught it at some point when they placed an order and did not see the count increase.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Yeah I feel like there's a lot more people who are not ordering because the number is low than people who will order because the number is increasing.

Also are there really people that will buy one just to get it over the 5000? Don't you want one or don't want one? I wouldn't buy one just to get the 5000 to happen.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:32 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Makes sense.

I know a few folks waiting. I'm passing (regretfully) myself but I think there a fair number waiting for the end(ish).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2018, 06:35 PM »
I still haven't decided what I'm going to do honestly. I was never really seriously considering it, but I actually do have space for the thing and I can swing the price, and as it gets closer I almost feel obligated to support it. I'm keen on once in a lifetime type opportunities like this, and I would love to see it succeed so we can finally get The Ghost down the road.

Probably going to be an impulsive last minute decision for me...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2018, 08:22 PM »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2018, 09:32 PM »
I still haven't decided what I'm going to do honestly. I was never really seriously considering it, but I actually do have space for the thing and I can swing the price, and as it gets closer I almost feel obligated to support it. I'm keen on once in a lifetime type opportunities like this, and I would love to see it succeed so we can finally get The Ghost down the road.

Probably going to be an impulsive last minute decision for me...

If you order it, I think come Feb/March last year, you will be a lot happier having it than not having it.

As a collector and fan of anything playset/diorama/big vehicle related, I just can't imagine sitting idle and then next spring seeing everyone's pics who ordered it.  I would definitely have a hard time!  Of course my tastes aren't the same as everyone else's.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 26, 2018, 05:05 PM »
After a really strong showing, we seem to be slowing down a bit today. We'll need ~165 per day to hit the threshold, so I hope Hasbro has some marketing dollars to spend...or another reveal.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2018, 07:14 PM »
After a really strong showing, we seem to be slowing down a bit today. We'll need ~165 per day to hit the threshold, so I hope Hasbro has some marketing dollars to spend...or another reveal.

You beat me to it - I was just about to come here and post the same thing. Looks like the surge has ended. Dark Side toys had a limit of 30 that I guess they could swing, so they're out of the running. As of this post the current tally is  - 3735 backers, 1265 backers still needed, 8 days left which means roughly 158 backers/day are needed to meet the goal.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2018, 09:03 PM »
14 more, less than an hour after your post.