Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 136833 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #405 on: March 30, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Because I can't sleep (or breathe, or hear, or...) 4502 as of the moment. At this rate, it will reach goal Saturday night.
Weird. 2:01 and it is now at 4501...

Cancellations... it drops a couple once or twice a day pretty regularly. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 30, 2018, 08:36 AM »
it almost seems fake how much it’s moving now, but I’m fine with it.

Same here.  God bless the shenanigans last minute buyers that are finally doing God's work and backing this thing. 

I mean... the idea that it would surge here near the end makes sense, but the idea that it doesn’t seem to slow to a crawl overnight is definitely weird...

If it keeps up this pace through the deadline it’ll finish over 6k.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:58 AM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 30, 2018, 09:25 AM »
4628 and still going.  That's some 77 since I posted at 6 AM.  If today's pace holds steady we could hit 5K tonight.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #408 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Good. Then I can stop checking the count every half hour. I'm starting to feel chained to this sail barge.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #409 on: March 30, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Re: the overnight increases, I just want to go back to this:

I wonder - I know I kind of shrugged off the conspiracy theories - but given some of the info others have found, could they be suppressing numbers to keep orders coming in? As in they're trickling out numbers per the algorithm.

No idea if that would be the reason, but... the pace is such right now it could get very close to funding today. It will tomorrow, for sure.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 30, 2018, 10:16 AM »
It’s tough to believe that it’s spiking this much.  Hell, it jumped 60 more between when I posted last and when I got to work. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:40 AM by Rob »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 30, 2018, 10:23 AM »
The only problem with that hypothesis is that you have lunatics over at RS buying "3 more" just to get the numbers up (they must hate money), and reporting that the numbers went up. If they were suppressing numbers, those guys wouldn't see the count increase right after they ordered.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 30, 2018, 10:24 AM »
The only problem with that hypothesis is that you have lunatics over at RS buying "3 more" just to get the numbers up (they must hate money), and reporting that the numbers went up. If they were suppressing numbers, those guys wouldn't see the count increase right after they ordered.

Seriously?  I wonder how many of them plan on canceling the extras once it goes into production.  Or do orders become non-refundable once it makes?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 30, 2018, 10:31 AM »
Add 15 to that.  It’s moving.  God love ya if you bought two cuz your wife probably won’t when she sees them show up.  :-\

I am considering ordering a second one on my secret credit card and having it shipped to my parents house. 

If I do that, my plan is to get my first one opened at my house on one shelf, and have the box displayed on a different shelf.

Then when she is gone one day, I will sneak to my parents house and pick up the second one.  From there, I will flatten the "opened box" and store it away.  The second barge that is still boxed will then slide into place on the shelf. 

She would have no idea.  Yes at some point, I will get caught but I think it's a risk I'm willing to take. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: March 30, 2018, 10:32 AM »
do orders become non-refundable once it makes?

You have 30 days to cancel - "If you need to cancel your order, you must do so by 11:59 PM EST on May 3rd, 2018 by contacting our Customer Service Center".
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Add 15 to that.  It’s moving.  God love ya if you bought two cuz your wife probably won’t when she sees them show up.  :-\

I am considering ordering a second one on my secret credit card and having it shipped to my parents house. 

If I do that, my plan is to get my first one opened at my house on one shelf, and have the box displayed on a different shelf.

Then when she is gone one day, I will sneak to my parents house and pick up the second one.  From there, I will flatten the "opened box" and store it away.  The second barge that is still boxed will then slide into place on the shelf. 

She would have no idea.  Yes at some point, I will get caught but I think it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I feel like this should be on a sitcom.  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34 AM »
They're not suppressing orders.  Can't believe we're still talking about this.  If anything, they're inflating the numbers to get to the 5k mark ahead of schedule.  I bet they'll take more than 5k orders and possibly orders beyond the cutoff as well because why not supplement some of the fake last minute orders.  Whatever they're doing, I'm glad it's going to make the milestone!

Barge Backer Tracker: 4672
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 30, 2018, 10:35 AM »
do orders become non-refundable once it makes?

You have 30 days to cancel - "If you need to cancel your order, you must do so by 11:59 PM EST on May 3rd, 2018 by contacting our Customer Service Center".

My thinking is they'll just throw that product into the international offering pile.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 30, 2018, 10:40 AM »

I feel like this should be on a sitcom.  ;D

...or an episode of "Criminal Minds"!

BTW, "Stan" over at the RS forums teased that Hasbro may include an additional sweetener once the Sail Barge hits 5000 orders.  I just have to wonder...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:41 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 30, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Conspiracy or not, it looks like today's the day.  It's got 315 to go and is flying.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:44 AM by Rob »