Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137118 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #420 on: March 30, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Well, this prompts me to ask an important question. Is there any potential benefit to being among the first 5000 to back this thing? Is it possible after they hit the goal, Hasbro would say, "hey, to reward the people that jumped on board right away, we're throwing in these other cool extras..."

Because that makes me not want to wait much longer. I'm already getting antsy just thinking about it.

I'm still trying to convince myself I could one day break even just selling off all the extra swag. That makes it a lot more attractive to me knowing I could have an out if serious buyer's remorse sets in later.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #421 on: March 30, 2018, 11:02 AM »
I wish there was a good resource to list WHO was on the sail barge. I've gone through the scene practically frame by frame, and I don't see Hermi Odle...yet Wookiepedia claims he was there, apparently in a fight with Pote Snitkin (which is strange, since Snitkin was on the second skiff). I ******* hate so much of the EU.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 30, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Well, this prompts me to ask an important question. Is there any potential benefit to being among the first 5000 to back this thing? Is it possible after they hit the goal, Hasbro would say, "hey, to reward the people that jumped on board right away, we're throwing in these other cool extras..."

Because that makes me not want to wait much longer. I'm already getting antsy just thinking about it.

I'm still trying to convince myself I could one day break even just selling off all the extra swag. That makes it a lot more attractive to me knowing I could have an out if serious buyer's remorse sets in later.

I paid $150 for the BMF and $100 for the BAT-AT almost 10 years ago (which was expensive at the time), and I've never regretted either of them for a minute. When a vehicle is well-made and detailed, they become statement pieces in your collection. You could probably make some money back by selling Yakface for sure, and probably not bat an eyelash, since you can still get him in different packaging.

I'm planning on keeping this Yakface carded (I hardly have any carded figures). I just hope we get the normal Yakface either before or when the barge comes out, so I don't get tempted to open the one that comes with the barge.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 30, 2018, 12:03 PM »
I definitely think the "there's a reason to be in the first 5000" syndrome is setting in.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 30, 2018, 12:03 PM »
I definitely think the "there's a reason to be in the first 5000" syndrome is setting in.

We'll know if it slows down at 5k... which should be in a few hours.  Only 250 to go.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 30, 2018, 12:24 PM »
4781.  It almost seems like the pace is picking up!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 30, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I hope they rerelease the Gammorean Guard.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 30, 2018, 12:40 PM »

$500 for the box, book, and a carded figure is a tough sell.  You will be able to get a healthy discount, not your $500 I think. 

I do think that they'll get the first 5,000 to everyone within a few months, but any orders past 5,000 will have a 2 year waiting period.  Now go buy it!

;D :-X ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 30, 2018, 12:40 PM »
4781.  It almost seems like the pace is picking up!

Old news... it's 4,808... probably less than two hours to go now.  I was thinking the surge would happen but it would cap out between 5k and 5500... now 6k to 7k seems more realistic unless it just stops when it hits 5k...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:42 PM by Rob »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 30, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Less than 200 now!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 30, 2018, 12:43 PM »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 30, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Old news... it's 4,808... probably less than two hours to go now.  I was thinking the surge would happen but it would cap out between 5k and 5500... now 6k to 7k seems more realistic unless it just stops when it hits 5k...

It will be hilarious if the orders immediately stop at 5,000 in the next few hours. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #432 on: March 30, 2018, 12:48 PM »
6k to 7k seems more realistic unless it just stops when it hits 5k...

It will be hilarious if the orders immediately stop at 5,000 in the next few hours.

Based on the fact that the current Hasbro regime doesn't really like to officially comment on exact production numbers, I would not be surprised if the counter hits 5k and switches to some kind of "BACKED" logo so we never really know if it was 5k, 6k, 7k, etc that get made.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 30, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Based on the fact that the current Hasbro regime doesn't really like to officially comment on exact production numbers, I would not be surprised if the counter hits 5k and switches to some kind of "BACKED" logo so we never really know if it was 5k, 6k, 7k, etc that get made.

Maybe, but if the order numbers are giving people a peek behind that curtain we could still get a decent guess.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2018, 12:59 PM »
People with FOMO must be coming out in droves.  Because a couple of refreshes on my browser screen within a minute or so saw the tally jump by at least 10.  I think we could hit the goal within another hour or so.

Feedback