Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137243 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #555 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Forgive me for not going back in the thread to find the answer, but...

Has it been mentioned which Jabba comes with this? Is it new or either the WM Exclusive or Black Series set one?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 10, 2019, 12:34 PM »

Has it been mentioned which Jabba comes with this? Is it new or either the WM Exclusive or Black Series set one?

I believe it is the new sculpt one from that TRU Black Series set (that never showed up in my area)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 10, 2019, 12:46 PM »

I believe it is the new sculpt one from that TRU Black Series set (that never showed up in my area)

That would be perfect as that is technically the only 3.75" non-animated piece I don't own.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #558 on: February 10, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Some details...

-Jabba is the TBS pack Jabba probably slight deco changes as is usual.

-Hasbro is making barges available outside the US as I understand it so some extras beyond the 8000+ are happening but details are unknown.

-Hasbro, in its legal wording, reserved the right to make more of they want with no restrictions, no shocker there of course.  That said it doesn’t mean they’re going to.  I’d think if money was on the table they might do it.  I kind of hope they do just to piss some people off in the Facebook group for the barge because there are some real ****heads in that hoard I’d like to see unhappy just for my own amusement.

I’m already dreading this thing coming because I have nowhere for it haha.  I really don’t know what I’m going to do with it.  Even for storage it’s going to be a pain in the ass for a time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 10, 2019, 08:10 PM »

-Jabba is the TBS pack Jabba probably slight deco changes as is usual.

I could have sworn that during the initial announcement they said the Jabba was all new?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #560 on: February 10, 2019, 11:12 PM »
Nope.  He’s reused.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2019, 12:26 PM »
I'll ditto what Jesse said - I don't have a link handy, but in one of the post-Toy Fair google hangouts they did with fan sites it was confirmed by Hasbro that it was the TRU 3.75" Black Series "Rancor Pit" box set Jabba sculpt but with all-new improved deco/paint apps.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2019, 12:30 PM »
...and THAT Jabba is the same sculpt as the SOTDS version that was released as a WalMart exclusive, IIRC.  The deco is the difference on those versions.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:33 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 11, 2019, 01:13 PM »
...and THAT Jabba is the same sculpt as the SOTDS version that was released as a WalMart exclusive, IIRC.  The deco is the difference on those versions.

Actually, I believe it's different sculpt all together. I was scratching my head when the TRU TBS came out because it was the only new piece in the set, IIRC.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2019, 12:23 AM »
It is a different sculpt than the Wally one but it also doesn’t have the melty issues the Walmart one has in some (not all, yet) cases...  I don’t own the black series one actually as I refused to buy that TRU set, so for me it’s a win win thing.  That set was too much moola for a Jabba I didn’t really feel I needed since I like the wally one a lot at that time.  Mine is not melting but I fear it may at some point.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Wait, what's this about Jabba's melting? I have the Walmart one, but he seems ok. Has this been happening?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2019, 06:23 PM »
Yeah no rhyme or reason either to it...  not necessarily an issue of environment or anything.  Just seems to happen to some.  Maybe many or all eventually.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Wait, what's this about Jabba's melting? I have the Walmart one, but he seems ok. Has this been happening?

I remember Dressel Rebel's story - I dug it up for you.   I should check my Walmart Jabba when I get home tonight now that I'm thinking about this issue again...

I shared this over at RS.

<Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07  View Post
So this was really gross and quite surprising: I was comparing my Walmart Jabba from the throne set to the Jabba from the Rancor set. When I picked up the Walmart Jabba I noticed it felt oily, and almost kind of slimy, and looking at the bottom of it you can actually see spots where there are bubbles of oil for lack of a better way to describe it. Is this some super realistic action feature (I know it's not) or is this actually breaking down already? Mine can't be the only one to be doing this. Anyone else experiencing this? It definitely felt like oil on my fingers when I rubbed them together.>

I've been looking for a place to tell this story. My Jabba Walmart sat on his throne on my shelf for a few years until we finally installed a legit collection room to keep my massive figure collection away from our baby that was about to be born last winter. I painstakingly moved a few figures at a time a couple rooms over to their new home, but Walmart Jabba was stuck to his throne, and the tip of his tail was touching Max Rebo's piano and the oily secretion from the tail MELTED the part of the piano it was touching!!! I threw that Jabba away before it destroyed anything else. Funny now that a new Jabba is out, people are finally fondling the old one and discovering this. I moved 2,000 Star Wars and Marvel figures a handful at a time, Jabba was the only figure like this. The only other noteworthy destruction was yellowed VOTC scout troopers and stormies, in a room with no light and climate controlled year round.

Also funny, looked at ebay Walmart Jabba selling for $125-250, yeah right!!! It's worth $0. The throne survived ps, no damage there.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:25 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #568 on: February 13, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Thanks for looking this up Jeff.  I tried to find this yesterday, but didn't really have the time.

I am also going to check out my Jabba tonight...it's been fine. **knocks on wood**
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #569 on: February 13, 2019, 05:34 PM »
Mine is ok and I don’t have central air, but it does seem to happen to this particular figure to some extent.  Keep an eye on him.  He’ll sweat onto the dais and pillows!😑