Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 136822 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #690 on: March 12, 2019, 01:53 PM »
I cracked mine open to get the yak face out for this buyer... the Yak Face had a curved, super thin crease along the top right of the card, and the card had some curve to it as well - I sent him pictures and am waiting to find out if he still wants it.   :-\

My Jabba was fine - no cleft palate, no two-right-hands... all normal.  Barge looks good too, I have to crack open all the pieces and get them on it tonight.

I had a bend in the upper left corner of my Yak. The guy I sold it to on eBay got buyers remorse and caused headaches. So I gave him the refund he wanted and told him to **** off. Now I am stuck trying to sell the Yak again.  >:(

Good luck with your buyer, hopefully he won’t cause you any headaches.

I sent Hasbro an email asking about replacements for the Jabba and Yak. I will let everyone know if they comment on it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:54 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 12, 2019, 02:57 PM »
I cracked mine open to get the yak face out for this buyer... the Yak Face had a curved, super thin crease along the top right of the card, and the card had some curve to it as well - I sent him pictures and am waiting to find out if he still wants it.   :-\

My Jabba was fine - no cleft palate, no two-right-hands... all normal.  Barge looks good too, I have to crack open all the pieces and get them on it tonight.

I had a bend in the upper left corner of my Yak. The guy I sold it to on eBay got buyers remorse and caused headaches. So I gave him the refund he wanted and told him to **** off. Now I am stuck trying to sell the Yak again.  >:(

Good luck with your buyer, hopefully he won’t cause you any headaches.

I sent Hasbro an email asking about replacements for the Jabba and Yak. I will let everyone know if they comment on it.

Yeah, we'll see - he paid a ton of money so I wouldn't blame him if he wasn't happy.  If he doesn't think it's good enough, I'm going to offer him a partial refund and if he still doesn't want him I'll just have to relist it for less.  It's probably going to cost me a few hundred dollars.  But it was house money anyway, so I suppose I can't complain.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2019, 02:59 PM »
I’m debating offering it on FB first to avoid the horse **** of eBay buyers looking for free ****.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 12, 2019, 03:12 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing the pics, Quazar! It looks great and I am jealous!

Thanks!  :)

Cool pictures!  Where did you get that Pizza accessory?  That's awesome.

Thanks!  I honestly can't remember.  Probably at some long since-defunct dollhouse miniature store or hobby shop (or possibly eBay), but it's been a while.

MANY years ago, I made a pizzeria diorama for action figures (long story) and I still have the accessories.  I didn't want my barge to be too tongue in cheek (at least not yet) so I avoided sprinkling the soda cans, coke bottles, napkin dispenser, etc. throughout, but I couldn't resist throwing the pizza in there.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 12, 2019, 04:49 PM »
I picked mine up from the local FedEx office this afternoon.  As luck would have it, the delivery guy for my area went to my place first thing in the morning yesterday.  Naturally I had an appointment and wasn’t home.  I had tried to get the delivery sent to one of the pickup locations before they even attempted a delivery, but evidently the FedEx app was not up to the task.  But after that first attempt I was able to get the shipment diverted and I went to pick it up today.  Much to my surprise, I was not the only one in town to have this idea, because I found TWO Sail Barges waiting to be picked up!!!  The guy who helped me at the counter asked me how much it cost, to which I said I’d rather not say.  I mean, who really wants to explain spending over $500 on a Star Wars toy?   

As for getting it home?  The FedEx guys let me use their handtruck to get it out to my car, with no irony whatsoever.  And I think this might be the first time I’ve ever had to fold down the back seat in my car because a single toy wouldn’t fit in the cargo area of my Honda CRV!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #695 on: March 12, 2019, 05:27 PM »
I’m debating offering it on FB first to avoid the horse **** of eBay buyers looking for free ****.

I've never sold anything on eBay. What's this horse **** of which you speak?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #696 on: March 12, 2019, 08:46 PM »
Basically "Hey I got a box of rocks and this guy didn't send me my toy!" and now you owe them what they paid... 

That's probably an exaggeration and I've been on the end of a buyer dealing with ****** sellers, but yeah selling on Ebay seems like a real mess to me anymore.  It scares me off.  I'd rather deal with people on FB where I give them their shipping notification and tracking and they're less apt to fight you on little **** like "Hey there's a dent here you didn't disclose on this bubble look!" and it's like nothing. 

This hobby is full of just ****** people, honestly.  Our group here is about the only place I trust everyone I can think of that's a regular here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48 PM »
I sell a lot of stuff on eBay, including toys, and by far, the absolute worst, shittiest people I have found to deal with are Vintage SW collectors. Modern vintage I mean, not Kenner stuff. I don’t even want to deal with that stuff anymore at all.

The popular scam there, and this happened to me twice in the span of 6 months, is to make up a bunch of fake damage and then demand a partial refund to get them cheaper. I always list stuff with good pictures and accurate descriptions and pack all my orders very protectively, so I know this is a BS claim. Sadly, it is usually cheaper and less hassle to just give in and refund them some extra cash. And they probably count on this.

Anyway, back on topic, my Barge is still sealed. I’m scared to check Yakface after all these horror stories!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #698 on: March 12, 2019, 10:49 PM »
I can almost guarantee you it has this half circle crease and it’s kinda curved backwards, but that said, I don’t think either issue ruin it really.  The circle crease thing is weird tho.  Especially because damn near everyone seems to have it.

I’ve heard of few major issues like bubbles loose or whatnot.  I shook mine to turn the coin right side up.  I’d like to sell it to offset my Barge at least.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #699 on: March 12, 2019, 10:56 PM »
I wonder if you were to put the Yakface in a protecto pack if it would help straighten it out?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #700 on: March 13, 2019, 04:16 AM »
Possible.  I thot I read a tweet one point this isn’t fitting in usual TVC cases tho.  I’d not be shocked at that. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 13, 2019, 06:08 AM »
I sell a lot of stuff on eBay, including toys, and by far, the absolute worst, shittiest people I have found to deal with are Vintage SW collectors. Modern vintage I mean, not Kenner stuff. I don’t even want to deal with that stuff anymore at all.

The popular scam there, and this happened to me twice in the span of 6 months, is to make up a bunch of fake damage and then demand a partial refund to get them cheaper. I always list stuff with good pictures and accurate descriptions and pack all my orders very protectively, so I know this is a BS claim. Sadly, it is usually cheaper and less hassle to just give in and refund them some extra cash. And they probably count on this.

Anyway, back on topic, my Barge is still sealed. I’m scared to check Yakface after all these horror stories!

I ran into at least one buyer like that when I decided to sell off one of my Revenge Of The Jedi Endor Rebel Troopers.  I photographed the figure and cardback exhaustively because I wanted to have everything well documented and I wanted my buyers to know precisely what they were getting.  I packed it with great care for shipping. The buyer was making stuff up, requesting a refund, saying that I sent something other than what I had listed.  When I calmly explained that I had documented EVERYTHING in the description and photos this clown accused me of being difficult.  Eventually I had to involve eBay because the buyer was such a complete POS. 

And this was for a figure released in 2011.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #702 on: March 13, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Wow that sucks. I guess I'll just hold onto mine. Maybe some day I can sell it at a show or something. Or try the Facebook route.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #703 on: March 13, 2019, 09:16 AM »
I am beginning to think Facebook may not be the best approach for selling either. What I have experienced so far:

* Group admins that have to approve your for sale post and won’t without explanation

* Uneducated people who make comments questioning your price, which then turns off other people

* Your post getting buried by other posts really quickly

* Facebook thinking you’re selling something illegal making your post disappear and reappear at random even after you fill out their stupid forms

Maybe I just have bad luck, I dunno...

Still no word from Hasbro on the email I sent them.

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #704 on: March 13, 2019, 10:25 AM »
If anyone ever asks me why I don't sell any of my collection, I'm directing them to these posts! 
This is the way.

I have spoken.