Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137064 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #735 on: March 22, 2019, 12:30 PM »
I sent them an e-mail describing how I did not receive my sail barge....they replied stating that I never ordered one.  Details, details, details.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #736 on: March 22, 2019, 12:50 PM »
I sent them an e-mail describing how I did not receive my sail barge....they replied stating that I never ordered one.  Details, details, details.

Haha! They can send you one easy peasy. They are taking back ones with bad shippers and replacing those for the neurotics in the room.

Jeff - what was wrong with your Sail? I actually have not had the chance to look at the barge parts and seeing your comment has me worried. I already got bad figures, there could be more problems (ugh now I sound neurotic!)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:52 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #737 on: March 22, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Jeff - what was wrong with your Sail?

Each sail has four rubber "nubs" that hold the sides of the sail to the sail frame.  On one of my two sails, one corner of the sail had the fabric part of the sail mis-stitched to the rubber gasket thing that holds the nubs - the bad stitching damaged the rubber nub/gasket so when I attached it to the sail, the nub just popped off.  It makes one part of the sail look 'floppy' since it's not stretched tight like the other parts.

I'll add pictures when I get a chance... 

edit:
it's hard to tell from the pics, but the wonky stitching damaged the orange rubber gasket part so that the nub was only attached on one part of the gasket (the area it was attached looks white in the pics) allowing it to pop off when the sail was pulled tight across the frame.

here's the pics -

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:33 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #738 on: March 22, 2019, 05:48 PM »

Haha! They can send you one easy peasy. They are taking back ones with bad shippers and replacing those for the neurotics in the room.

Jeff - what was wrong with your Sail? I actually have not had the chance to look at the barge parts and seeing your comment has me worried. I already got bad figures, there could be more problems (ugh now I sound neurotic!)

Yeah, like the scalper on RS who unashamedly has four barges under a tarp that he's selling on eBay, but wants to swap out for more pristine boxes, or maybe just boxes he can sell. They let anyone in over there.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #739 on: March 26, 2019, 12:22 AM »
I honestly can't recall if we even have any OUS forum members active here anymore, but in case we do, here's your reminder that if you live in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, or the UK, your window to buy the Sail Barge opens this Thursday:

HasLab Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge via eBay.com

Hasbro says ordering will go live Thursday, 3/28, at 3PM EST (7PM GMT).  Also, please note that orders of more than 1 Barge or any orders with a US or Canadian shipping address will not be processed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #740 on: March 26, 2019, 12:52 AM »
I like to think HWR is on here still, if only to longingly admire OCB from afar.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #741 on: March 28, 2019, 03:23 PM »
Wow, Hasbro burned through their international allotment of Barges (looks like 400 sold) in less than ten minutes.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #742 on: March 28, 2019, 03:59 PM »
You have to think this is a good sign for Hasbro to produce more.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 28, 2019, 10:44 PM »
I’m thinking they’re going to keep making them until demand wanes, and it ultimately won’t be as rare as we expected.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2019, 01:33 AM »
I’d be fine with that but right now I’m not betting on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #745 on: March 29, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Got an update from Hasbro today on my message to them about my bad Jabba and Yak Face. They are working on procuring  replacement parts and packaging. If/when they do so, they will send me replacements. But there is no timetable and ymmv

I got a similar message today on my request for a replacement sail (my barge came with a janky sail).  They'll send out a replacement sail once they have the replacement parts available.

Update - I received the new sail from Hasbro. 

They sent me a new orange sail, but not the plastic ribs that go with it.  Instructions were to take the ribs off the old sail and use them with the new one... but that's when I learned that all those plastic ribs were cut to fit at the factory for each sail to be sure they fit snug.  I thought they'd be a standard size, but I guess they are custom cut to fit any imperfections in the way the sails were sewn.

As a result of each sail being ever so slightly different, only maybe half of the ribs fit on the new sail.  The other half were all too long (by 1-2mm).  The 'long' ribs bowed up and didn't lay flat when I tried to get the sail on the frame so I had to trim them.  Long story short, after a bit of trial and error, it all worked out and my barge finally has two sails.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 29, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Got an update from Hasbro today on my message to them about my bad Jabba and Yak Face. They are working on procuring  replacement parts and packaging. If/when they do so, they will send me replacements. But there is no timetable and ymmv

I got a similar message today on my request for a replacement sail (my barge came with a janky sail).  They'll send out a replacement sail once they have the replacement parts available.

Update - I received the new sail from Hasbro. 

They sent me a new orange sail, but not the plastic ribs that go with it.  Instructions were to take the ribs off the old sail and use them with the new one... but that's when I learned that all those plastic ribs were cut to fit at the factory for each sail to be sure they fit snug.  I thought they'd be a standard size, but I guess they are custom cut to fit any imperfections in the way the sails were sewn.

As a result of each sail being ever so slightly different, only maybe half of the ribs fit on the new sail.  The other half were all too long (by 1-2mm).  The 'long' ribs bowed up and didn't lay flat when I tried to get the sail on the frame so I had to trim them.  Long story short, after a bit of trial and error, it all worked out and my barge finally has two sails.

Glad to hear you got your replacement Sail Jeff. Unfortunate you had to go to extra lengths to get it to work, but at least you’ve got it all done now. Did Hasbro alert you that the Sail was on the way or did it just show up?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #747 on: March 30, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Did Hasbro alert you that the Sail was on the way or did it just show up?

It just showed up at the house with no email notice or anything - box return label was from Cartamundi in East Longmeadow, MA (which is Hasbro's old card/game facility that Cartamundi bought from them in 2015).

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2019, 05:11 AM »
Did Hasbro alert you that the Sail was on the way or did it just show up?

It just showed up at the house with no email notice or anything - box return label was from Cartamundi in East Longmeadow, MA (which is Hasbro's old card/game facility that Cartamundi bought from them in 2015).

Good to know, gives me hope for a replacement Jabba

That’s the same facility that was on the label for when Hasbro sent me replacement plastic balls for their Playskool line when my daughter lost one for a Cookie Monster toy. Must be where their customer support is based out of.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #749 on: March 31, 2019, 03:11 PM »
Ever since the sail barge was announced and I backed it, I've been planning to mount it to the wall. Two heavy duty steel brackets and four toggle bolts, and it's good to go. Check it out here.

Here's the image...

It's just sitting on the brackets, so it can be lifted off whenever I need to move it, and the panels are all accessible even when it's on the brackets. The width is a little irregular, so I ended up ordering one 14" and one 13.25" brackets.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2019, 09:51 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram