Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

2018 Vintage Collection Wave 1

(1/14) > >>

Jeff:
New thread time - finally time to give this wave it's own thread...

Wave 1:
- TFA Rey (Jakku) [repack]
- TFA Kylo Ren [repack]
- TFA First Order Stormtrooper [repack]
- RO Jyn Erso [repack]
- ESB Hoth Rebel Trooper [repack]
- TLJ Supreme Leader Snoke [NEW]

Pete_Fett:
Honestly, not a great wave, that line-up is going to be a tough sell.

It really should have consisted of Rey and Kylo from TLJ, not TFA and instead of Jyn Erso, they should have poked their heads up and said "what is the one RO 3.75" TBS figure everyone is clamoring for? Ah yes, the Shoretrooper, got it!"

So the wave could have been:
(new) TLJ Rey - they made the figure and instead of bolstering this wave, they reward WalMart?!?!
(new) TLJ Snoke
(newish recombo of existing parts) TLJ Kylo Ren - use the same body from the TFA figure but put a TLJ head sculpt on it since Kylo is helmet-less most of the movie
(repack/repaint) TLJ First Order Stormtrooper - basically the executioner all in white/black
(repack) RO Shoretrooper
(repack) ESB Hoth Rebel Trooper

In future waves we're getting two or more new sculpts - out of the gate the best they could do was ONE?

Jesse James:
I'm probably in on cases of the new stuff.  I really hope they do try hard, very hard, to mix the new and obviously popular (Hoth Rebel) in heavier than repacks. 

Repacks are a necessity at this point, and I like the cards, but I just hope it doesn't cost the new stuff or popular repack stuff in the long run.

Darth_Anton:
When planning these waves, how can the team responsible not take this into account:

My guess is that these will be 2 per case. Snoke is easily going to sell out the fastest, it's the only new figure. Sure, I'm going to buy a complete set because of the cards, but I'll definitely buy 2 Snokes and probably 2 Hoth Rebel Soldiers. So, what happens when everyone's looking for Snoke and all they can find are the repacks? That's what seems to slow things down.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Darth_Anton on February 17, 2018, 09:49 PM ---My guess is that these will be 2 per case
--- End quote ---

Internet sleuthing has the rumored case pack as eight.  I think they are trying to keep the cases around the $100-120 range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version