Author Topic: 2018 Vintage Collection Wave 1  (Read 17299 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Vintage Collection Wave 1
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 09:52 AM »
It's funny seeing Jyn Erso in two package styles. You can buy Jyn Erso for $14.95 on card or $4.00 in box at Walmart. Why did Walmart markup their price?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 10:43 AM »
It's funny seeing Jyn Erso in two package styles. You can buy Jyn Erso for $14.95 on card or $4.00 in box at Walmart. Why did Walmart markup their price?

The Target by my office has two new Rathars for $19.99, and one marked down on the back end cap for like $8.  That's the price of repackaging things too quickly I guess...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 12:46 PM »

The Target by my office has two new Rathars for $19.99, and one marked down on the back end cap for like $8.  That's the price of repackaging things too quickly I guess...

The situation with both the Rathtar and the TLJ A-wing are puzzling beyond belief.  Why would Hasbro *NOT* change the packaging to the new line look?!?!  The only difference on the packaging for the new version is that it now has the text "Force Link 2.0" slapped on there.  It honestly comes across kind of weak.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2018, 03:59 PM »
May the 4th was with me I guess since I finally found a Hoth Rebel hanging out at my local Wally.  They had more stuff out than they have to date but still not a ton by any means.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 6, 2018, 02:38 AM »
I know it's doubtful, but has anyone seen reports of someone picking up the "Force Link 2.0" version of the Rathtar and opening it? I'm curious (1) if Hasbro did anything to fix the tentacles not really "snapping" into place; and (2) if it makes any different sounds from the original Force Link version.

Same thing with the A-Wing I guess.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 6, 2018, 01:56 PM »
I got 3 of the old rathtar and I found if you firmly pressed in and twisted the tentacles they seat themselves kind of like a gasket.  All 3 of mine work well and hold together.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: May 6, 2018, 04:44 PM »
You also have to make sure you're putting the correct letter in the correct hole.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2018, 08:02 PM »
You also have to make sure you're putting the correct letter in the correct hole.

That's what she said!

Has anyone else noticed that the First Order Stormtroopers are the early front runners for pegwarmer of this wave? I have been seeing a lot of the wave in stores in the past 2 weeks and I always find a lot of Stormies and either no one else or 1 of each of Snoke, Rey, and Jyn. Besides the Hoth trooper, Kylo appears to be fast moving here.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #38 on: May 6, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Stormtroopers are the early peg warmers here, along with Jyn. Snoke after that, but he's moving.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 6, 2018, 09:21 PM »
I'd love to load up on all these Stormtroopers, but not at $14 each after tax.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #40 on: May 6, 2018, 09:27 PM »

Then can I interest you in these? https://www.ebay.com/p/5x-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Stormtrooper-3-75-Loose-Figure/2169131478?_trksid=p2047675.m4097.l9055

I bought a set of these and though they are a little stiff, they do the trick, especially for $6 per figure

I am surprised at these sitting around, they were difficult to get during the Walmart TBS waves. But the price is limiting, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2018, 01:03 AM »
I noticed that too Jason, and find it odd really, but yeah the Stormie's are backing up here far sooner than Rey, Kylo, and Jyn...  I'm pretty shocked. 

The only "Now that makes sense" in the whole thing is the Hoth Rebel is pretty damn impossible to get unless you hit the store at the exact moment a case is put out.  Such was my luck this weekend, on May the 4th even, so that was kinda nice.

Snoke I'm seeing now too some, but really the FO Trooper being passed over is interesting.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 7, 2018, 10:34 AM »

Then can I interest you in these? https://www.ebay.com/p/5x-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Stormtrooper-3-75-Loose-Figure/2169131478?_trksid=p2047675.m4097.l9055

I bought a set of these and though they are a little stiff, they do the trick, especially for $6 per figure

I am surprised at these sitting around, they were difficult to get during the Walmart TBS waves. But the price is limiting, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised

I bought a set of those a year ago maybe?  Definitely a great value, but something seemed off about them to me.  I've been toying with the idea of buying more.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 7, 2018, 12:33 PM »
I've actually noticed the troopers warming a bit here as well, which I thought was surprising. I'd like to grab a couple more as well, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. It's funny, locally this is basically a Target exclusive line. TRU is, well, TRU....and Wal-Mart here basically hasn't stocked any new Star Wars since the Last Jedi launch and I don't bother going there (and don't really want to). TVC seems to be selling decently though, with the Hoth Rebel and Snoke being the first to go.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 7, 2018, 03:15 PM »
Completely opposite in my area than what Brian posted. Target is the only store to have gotten these, and Snoke is sitting. Oddly he's the only one I need but I haven't pulled the trigger yet due to paint app issues. Jyn and Rey are also hanging around too. Kylo, Hoth Trooper, and the FO Stormtrooper are always the first to go, and I haven't seen those particular figures since I saw them at Gamestop on April 13.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks