Author Topic: 2018 Vintage Collection Wave 1  (Read 17181 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Vintage Collection Wave 1
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2018, 05:27 PM »
I ordered a couple Stormies as well, couldn't pass at that price. I got them today, and I have to say they were probably the worst packed toys I've maybe ever received. I don't really care since I'm opening them anyways, but the cards were basically bent in half more than once right above the bubble and chucked in a box with nothing else. Again I don't care because I'm a loose collector (although I have been keeping up carded with OT characters in this line), but something to be aware of.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2018, 11:11 AM »
I somehow managed to order 3 more of these over the weekend, they must have removed the restriction?  I tried again a little while later and they were back up to $10...

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 03:18 PM »
Why does my local Target still have Snoke, Jyn, and the Hoth Trooper?

Can't find any of the cool troops they've done since, but I can get a two year old Snoke no problem...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2020, 08:10 PM »
Same boat here. My Target did get cleaned out before the TROS wave hit, but after a few cases of those trickled through we got a couple of the Snoke Wave 1 cases and never saw the Jawa/Shadowtrooper wave.

What is even more frustrating, before Christmas a local children's charity came in and wiped out that Target's toy section, including all the Star Wars figures in all 3 scales. I thought for sure that solved the Wave One problem, but after a week or so of empty pegs, we got blasted exclusively with Jyns and Snokes. A couple weeks back a lone Rey Jakku joined them, but since then the endcap display that had it's own peg has come down and the aisle pegs are clogged. I have given up on that store and now stalk the WalMart down the street, which has 3 pegs sharing a lone Jawa.

Good luck...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30 PM »
It still boggles the mind that they haven't put the Snoke etc on clearance. But the Rise of Skywalker stuff is it's own DPCI so Snoke etc shouldn't cause your store not to receive these newer waves. I just don't think Target is ordering much. Mando wave hit one case per store around here. Sold through and nothing to replenish.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:30 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2020, 08:59 PM »
Never saw the Jawa wave, but Target has been a lost cause since Wave 1 of the TVC reboot for me...  Walmart has been the only place I found anything and I haven't found anything routinely since the Solo waves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2020, 10:13 PM »
It still boggles the mind that they haven't put the Snoke etc on clearance. But the Rise of Skywalker stuff is it's own DPCI so Snoke etc shouldn't cause your store not to receive these newer waves. I just don't think Target is ordering much. Mando wave hit one case per store around here. Sold through and nothing to replenish.

I did have one Target clearance out Snoke for like $5, and I got all excited and checked the other one I frequent the next day to see if the Hoth Troopers were going to be $5 also, and they were still $12.99, and are still there.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2020, 04:55 PM »
Just heard Snoke is on clearance at Target near me. So soon?.......
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2020, 01:20 AM »
Just heard Snoke is on clearance at Target near me. So soon?.......

I think the Emperor just keeps making more in his bacta test tube.  These things will never go away...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2020, 11:32 AM »
I picked up one or two Snokes on clearance for that express purpose.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback