Author Topic: 2018 Vintage Collection Wave 2  (Read 17987 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2018 Vintage Collection Wave 2
« Reply #45 on: September 7, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Getting a lot of reports of TVC Wave 2 being found at Walmart (FL, MD, IN, TX, OH, MI, NC)

I checked a local Walmart last night looking for Solo 3.75" Wave 3 and they didn't even have pegs for TVC in the SW section yet.  They did however have TVC Jyn and Rey in the clearance area for $12.93 though...   ::)

I guess I'll just stick with my EE pre-order on this wave. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 7, 2018, 10:36 AM »
I popped by a Walmart in Wisconsin over the holiday weekend and it was the same thing.  No TVC pegs at all.

Is Walmart just not carrying them?  That would be bad...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 7, 2018, 10:38 AM »
I've seen TVC figures at ONE Walmart in my area since the relaunch. Most of my WM stores are back to the 2013-15 method of only stocking the toy lightsabers, and zero other Hasbro Star Wars merch.

I think Gamestop or Online will be the place to go for these
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 7, 2018, 11:49 AM »
The 2 Wal*Marts closest to me have not had a spot for TVC since the Solo reset. I did see one store in the area over the summer with a peg for TVC but that has been it. And I have been amused at the prospect of exclusive, sequentially numbered TVC releases at Wal*Mart...so far the entire line has appeared to be exclusive to Target in my experience.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 7, 2018, 02:53 PM »
I checked 4 NJ area Walmarts today.  No sign of TVC wave 2.

I actually found a planogram in one store, and there was ZERO peg space allocated to the Vintage Collection.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 02:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #50 on: September 7, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Found a single case at my local Wally this morning. Picked up Han and the Tank Driver and left the rest. This store has had a single First Order Stormtrooper sitting on a Vintage peg for months, so maybe that’s why they got this wave now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: September 7, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Think they hit one store here too Jayson but all that was left was Snoke and FO trooper.  This store had 0 TVC for months and I hit it routinely all week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 8, 2018, 12:46 PM »
I checked 4 NJ area Walmarts today.  No sign of TVC wave 2.

I actually found a planogram in one store, and there was ZERO peg space allocated to the Vintage Collection.

Following up on this post with an image of the aforementioned planogram.  It seems WOEFULLY out of date with product that's actually shipping at this time. :

« Last Edit: September 8, 2018, 12:49 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2018, 04:36 PM »
I got this wave at my local walmart thanks to intel from an employee last week telling me that they were expecting something from TVC on Sunday night’s truck. There were no pegs marked for TVC and I found these on a TBS 6” peg. Brickseek also doesn’t show any updates indicating this store has stock, I think it is starting to be less effective for such things.

Anyways, this is a nice trio of figures.  Enfrys Nest is the winner of the bunch - highly detailed, though it does not  have a removable helmet. Han is nice too, just got some weird paint apps on the eyes and sideburns. Tank Driver is good, ironically doesn’t represent the driver shown on the card as it is missing some paint apps on the armor. Overall, a much better wave than the first and I’m pleased to get it out of the way knowing wave 1 is still all over the place.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2018, 04:42 PM »
I saw a Hasbro rep at one of the area WalMart stores today while I was looking for this wave.  I was CONSIDERING talking with him, as I've run into this guy at stores before.  He has been generally helpful when we've spoken.  But considering how this store had the exact same stock as my last visit a couple of days ago?  And there were no pegs allocated for the TVC line?  I figured it wasn't worth the time.  Besides, he was engrossed in conversation with the Mattel rep who was setting up some Hot Wheels display.  Maybe he was looking for a new gig?

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2018, 05:14 PM »
I got Wave 2 locally for $5 per.  Keeping my EE order for sure barring finding the motherload on clearance.  Started looking thanks to Yakface’s reporting on this en masse and it paid off for myself and a friend.  We each only found one lone set tho which is kinda odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56 PM »
If any of you guys find more at the insanely cheap prices and want to mail them to a guy who doesn't have a Walmart closer than 45 minutes away, I'm your guy!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2018, 10:56 PM »
I can only check Brickseek for Wave 1 figures, I assume if they show at regular price the Wave 2 figures would be the same?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Looks like EE is processing orders for these now
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2018, 03:51 AM »
Yeah I got billed Friday...  I am caught up now on Wave 2 and just now need some Range Troopers from Wave 3 pretty much.  I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Praetorians and more Tankers too tho. 🤷‍♂️