Author Topic: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q3 - Vehicles  (Read 9082 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q3 - Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 12:03 AM »
They did the Interceptor already.  Bomber would make a nice TVC box.  There seems to be a very long standing (as I like to call them, “dartboard rumor”) rumor of a Vader TIE rerelease le a whole new sculpt depending on who is making the claim and at what time.

It is surprising that Vader’s TIE hasn’t been out in a while seeing how it was a constant there for some time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Yeah I did a little research yesterday. Looks like the best version of the interceptor was released in the Legacy collection. There was also a "hero" version with the red stripe. The VC version was light grey, which looks cool but isn't screen accurate. I'm going to try to track down one or two of the LC ones (which will **** my wallet, I'm sure). Hopefully they'll rerelease that color someday.

I'm also really hoping for Vader's TIE. I'm going to repaint my POTF2 version to be grey so it's screen accurate, but the cockpit is such garbage. We have pretty ample screentime to see what Vader's cockpit looks like, and that ain't it
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 10:13 AM »
I saw this Yakface Rumor Report about some new TVC vehicles.

3 x TVC vehicles in the 2019 line.  Two are from the Original Trilogy and one is from Episode IX.  I was somewhat struck by the omission of the word NEW from the posting.  My guesses?

Clearly we now know that one of the OT vehicles is the upcoming Skiff.  As for the other pending OT vehicle?  Who knows.  I'd still like to see the Darth Vader TIE Advanced X-1 redone from the ground up.

In light of this thread getting bumped up, it has me wondering about what the TVC vehicle from The Rise of Skywalker will be, especially now that we've had time to look at both the poster and the trailer.  That First Order TIE Interceptor seems like a prime candidate.  And we also saw an A-Wing in at least a couple of scenes.  Plus the poster has three Rebel fighters - X-Wing, Y-Wing and an A-Wing.  Then there are the First Order fighters, including that new TIE Interceptor variant.  The options certainly seem to have opened up significantly.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2019, 10:50 AM »
One of the biggest reasons I haven't yet collected the Sequel Trilogy figures is the lack of decent vehicles. IMO vehicles are a huge part of the magic for 3.75" Star Wars collecting, and the ST really doesn't have anything there. If Poe had an XWing in the same scale as the larger OT Xwings and the TIE fighters were a decent scale like the large wing TIEs, I would bite the bullet.

Vader's TIE though...I need me that thing. And I agree...ground up.

Though on the topic of OT starfighters, Vader's TIE, an all new large YWing and an all new Bwing would be a perfect finish. I think I could call the OT done at that point, at least for onscreen representation.

Sure, I'd love an Imperial Shuttle with a better interior, but I can live with what I have.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:54 AM by LandotheScoundrel »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2019, 12:09 PM »
I know the rumor is around vintage vehicles, but I'd much rather have a Luggabeast, Quadjumper, or something all new from the sequel trilogy.  I hope there are rumors about that stuff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 06:15 PM »
I really hope the new one is something cool.  OT era is my preference in general.  I’m not opposed to a Vader TIE redo and that would be cool but I guess it’s just not super high on my list.  I’d take it gladly though as the current one could use some work.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2019, 08:34 AM »
Here a question: would you be interested in CW era vehicles with OT markings? I love the way the Juggernaut showed up in Rogue One, and I always felt like the Empire would probably use some of those vehicles still. Hell, I'm sure the Rebel Alliance would make use of any old Republic Gunships they happened to find. Or even a TF tank. One thing I like about the game Empire at War is the PT-ish vehicles that show up. They look like refitted CW vehicles.

Obviously these would be repaints. Not high on my list, but something that could be cool without eating into the tooling budget.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:37 AM by LandotheScoundrel »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2019, 10:38 AM »
The only vehicle I really want at this point from the OT is a Hoth Rebel Transport.

Let's do this.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2019, 12:36 PM »
The only vehicle I really want at this point from the OT is a Hoth Rebel Transport.

Let's do this.

Come on Rob...no big ass Y-Wing for you?  ;)

I forgot about the Rebel transport. That's a good one that we definitely need.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Any properly scaled vehicle that's never been made at the right size would be cool to me... honestly it's not OT but Sith Infiltrator comes to mind first when I think of vehicles that could use a scaling up.