Author Topic: Fan Channel 2018 VC122 Rey (Island Journey)  (Read 19987 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Channel 2018 VC122 Rey (Island Journey)
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Have they shown up in regular US Walmarts yet?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Nope.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Ahh cool, tha thanks for th info Muftak and JJ. How was tunghori's price on the figure? Just in case...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 12:46 AM »
I do not recall actually, as it wasn't really something I was gonna jump at so I kinda didn't pay it much attention.  Generally though he's always a little above on pricing right out the gate on new stuff these days.  Not usually outrageously above but a little bit above its retail price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 04:43 PM »
Since our WM never got a whiff of the Last Jedi wave of black series figures, and is bad with exclusives in general, plus the fact that I generally don't like going in there...i went ahead and ordered one of these as well. It arrived yesterday, and looks great. When I got it, it was $19.99, which I was willing to pay to avoid trying to hunt this down at Wal-Mart. Heck, the Vintage Collection line in general is pretty much a Target exclusive here locally anyways.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Where did you order from?  I’d pay the extra $6 to not have to deal with Walmart.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: October 5, 2018, 12:56 PM »
TVC Rey (Island Journey) now up for pre-order at EE!  Expected in November.

(I like how the EE pics have the old Walmart exclusive sticker on the figure :P)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 5, 2018, 04:15 PM »
ORDERED.

Worth the extra few dollars to not have to think about it.

Thanks Jeff!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 5, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Ordered mine as well. I guess they're doing this one first and then we'll get the Mimban Stormtrooper up afterwards?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #39 on: October 5, 2018, 05:24 PM »
So is this just gonna be at EE or is it another shared exclusive with other etailers?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 5, 2018, 05:50 PM »
My mind is boggled by the people bitching about this...  anything avoiding “the hunt” works for me.

If you still love hunting for toys, great.  Don’t buy this then.  I’ll happily get this like I did Wave 2 and 3 with bulk army builders and no panicked anxiety hoping my Walmart puts something on the pegs.  🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 5, 2018, 05:53 PM »
And then complain when they never find it in store and have to resort to scalper prices later.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 5, 2018, 05:59 PM »
My mind is boggled by the people bitching about this...  anything avoiding “the hunt” works for me.

If you still love hunting for toys, great.  Don’t buy this then.  I’ll happily get this like I did Wave 2 and 3 with bulk army builders and no panicked anxiety hoping my Walmart puts something on the pegs.  🤷‍♂️

Agree 100%

People are complaining about this? I'm just glad I'm going to be able to easily grab both Rey and (hopefully) the Mimban Stormtrooper for my Vintage Collection.

The ONLY reason I check out my local WalMarts anymore is cause they are easy to hit, if they were as hard to get to as the Targets, I would skip them altogether.

I am very happy to have my squads of Imperial Hover Tank Drivers and Range Troopers and all I had to do is pay $13.99 each from EE.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 5, 2018, 06:23 PM »

Are you out of your mind?  Why would you prefer ordering something online for $5 extra dollars when you could save that $5 and spend countless hours driving in circles, putting wear and tear on your car, and burning a dozen gallons of $3.50 gas?!  Plus as a bonus, you get to spend time in multiple Walmarts.

Some people...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: October 5, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Yeah I mean the red AWing is cool and sure vehicles usually go on sale but F it.  If I can avoid hassle that’s “clearance” enough for me.  This hobby is too full of the unsatisfied.  Bitching about prices, availability, selection...  then availability is made simpler and complain about that.  I’m just happy they’re making cool stuff!  A new Han Stormie?  Great!  Someone will be mad it’s exclusive or it’s not 6” or its too much money or “Target sucks!” Cuz everyone hates them as much as WM when you wanna get something I’m sure...  this hobby sucks!  That’s what and who sucks!

Exactly Rob!  I live in the boonies and the salt belt and in a state with the (or one of the) highest gas tax in the country I believe.  I work on cars weekly.  Give me online preorders all day every day till they literally can’t make another figure.  The less I have to drive the better.