Author Topic: Non-Retail Exclusive TVC Basic Figures  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Darby

  • Jedi Knight
  • *
  • Posts: 4193
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 11:36 AM »
I understand Hasbro builds excitement for retailers by throwing them exclusives, but two? To WM? And both of them new figures? That are part of the main sequence of numbers? All that screaming you hear is from the future.

Offline Darth_Anton

  • Jedi Sentinel
  • *
  • Posts: 10236
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Do we know if anyone did manage to ask Hasbro about the ever present WM debacle? It's simple. I can walk into Target and get any exclusive almost at any time. I can't do the same with Walmart, having to wait months or more, if at all. Why so different?
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

  • Jedi Sentinel
  • *
  • Posts: 11170
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 01:37 PM »
FFS.  WalMart?  They completely dropped the ball on distribution of the 6" TBS exclusive Kylo Ren.  And they're going to be entrusted with more exclusives?  Ugh.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

  • Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 34641
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Looking at the bucket now, that's different.  The brow is larger, protruding some, and definitely not just a Stormie bucket.  Looks like one with a reinforced brow/dome portion.  Given the rifle, maybe having your head exposed on Mimban is a bad thing for all involved.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

  • Jedi Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 311
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 07:52 AM »
I am late to the groan party, but groan. Here comes a $50 aftermarket price.

Offline JediJman

  • Jedi Guardian
  • *
  • Posts: 16614
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 01:34 AM »
I'm hoping these will be easier to track down with just two figures.   If they're in 12pk cases, that's 6 of each for any store that gets a box (assuming they're not mixed in with non-exclusives).  They might even get their own case. 
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "

Offline Nicklab

  • Jedi Sentinel
  • *
  • Posts: 11170
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 05:39 AM »
IIRC, the news that came out about these stated that one would be shipping in the Spring, and the other would ship in the Fall.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

  • Jedi Knight
  • *
  • Posts: 3540
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 11:59 AM »
I listened to the recorded interviews and I'm shocked no one thought to ask Hasbro how these figures were making their way to WalMart - mixed in with the regular assortments or having their own dedicated cases which means all of a sudden you'll walk into a WM and find 12 Ach-to Rey's on the pegs.

My hope is they're going to the solid-case route so at least there will be a fighting chance of finding these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

  • Jedi Knight
  • *
  • Posts: 4111
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 04:34 PM »
I listened to the recorded interviews and I'm shocked no one thought to ask Hasbro how these figures were making their way to WalMart - mixed in with the regular assortments or having their own dedicated cases which means all of a sudden you'll walk into a WM and find 12 Ach-to Rey's on the pegs.

My hope is they're going to the solid-case route so at least there will be a fighting chance of finding these.

... on an endcap in automotive. 

I always love the scavenger hunt aspect of shopping for exclusives at Wal-Mart.  They've got a 50% chance of being in the Star Wars aisle, a 25% chance of being somewhere in the toy section, and a 25% chance of being just about anywhere else on an endcap or pallet display by diapers.

Offline 77Skywalker

  • Jedi Padawan
  • *
  • Posts: 534
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 08:54 PM »
I'm definitely interested now in that Rey figure.

Offline Matt_Fury

  • Jedi Master
  • *
  • Posts: 7408
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15 PM »
I listened to the recorded interviews and I'm shocked no one thought to ask Hasbro how these figures were making their way to WalMart - mixed in with the regular assortments or having their own dedicated cases which means all of a sudden you'll walk into a WM and find 12 Ach-to Rey's on the pegs.

My hope is they're going to the solid-case route so at least there will be a fighting chance of finding these.

... on an endcap in automotive. 

I always love the scavenger hunt aspect of shopping for exclusives at Wal-Mart.  They've got a 50% chance of being in the Star Wars aisle, a 25% chance of being somewhere in the toy section, and a 25% chance of being just about anywhere else on an endcap or pallet display by diapers.

Thanks for this Dave!  ;D
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline CorranHorn

  • Jedi Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 1901
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 02:25 PM »


Saw someone post this on Facebook today for sale. Did I miss the news of the figure hitting retail? The way I took the guy’s post, it was as if the figure was already out and hard to find.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Muftak

  • Jedi Padawan
  • *
  • Posts: 660
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Tunghori

Offline CorranHorn

  • Jedi Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 1901
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Didn't find it on tunghori's ebay store, but I found the same photo on an auction - could be the guy from FB. Also noticed a couple of other auctions from Canadian sellers with carded versions in hand. Perhaps it is hitting up north?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Muftak

  • Jedi Padawan
  • *
  • Posts: 660
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Walmart Exclusive Figures
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 04:29 PM »
He had 'em about two weeks ago (I saw her in there when I ordered the Kessel Run Han Solo figure.) I have my order now, so anybody who bought Rey ought to have theirs by now too.

Must have sold out.