Author Topic: Solo 3.75" Figure 2-Packs  (Read 22953 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Solo 3.75" Figure 2-Packs
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2019, 12:56 AM »
The R2 is pretty nice for a repaint too. Makes a nice Tatooine specific R2.  3po blows to be honest but I have a hard time liking any without vac metal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2019, 01:27 AM »

While checking some things at EE today, I noticed that the status of the former TRU exclusive C3PO/R2D2 2-pack has been changed to Cancelled

I'll be a bit disappointed if the status change is true - I didn't really need another 5POA C3PO or R2D2 figure but it's a sad omen for EE's ability to rescue things from the scrap heap in the future.  Also makes me wonder if the variant A-Wing is going to end up cancelled too?

While it slipped through EE's fingers, the Threepio/Artoo pack has been on Amazon for $14.99. I have been hemming and hawing about pulling the trigger for a month now.

And now I am even more undecided. The window may be closing, but Jesse confirms the nonvac Threepio is turdtastic...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2019, 03:59 AM »
I just don’t like the dull look and other little stuff bugs me but to me R2 was worth the set...  BAD and Tatooine specific.  3PO just is there.  I like the old pull apart 3po from potf2 FF that had the same dirty look to it and I think a restraining bolt too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2019, 09:44 AM »
I'm still hoping that last Solo wave can make it out somewhere.  I got a few scraps on HTS.com, but I'm not sure it ever hit retail and EE seems to struggle to get it in stock.  Quay Tolsite is selling for $50 on Amazon/eBay.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2019, 01:45 PM »
I'm still hoping that last Solo wave can make it out somewhere.  I got a few scraps on HTS.com, but I'm not sure it ever hit retail and EE seems to struggle to get it in stock.  Quay Tolsite is selling for $50 on Amazon/eBay.

I paid almost $25 for one a few months ago... I was so sure you'd all be finding him at the dollar store a week later.   :(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2019, 02:03 PM »

I saw Rio, Val and Mimban Han at retail at one Meijer.  Was that the last wave? They still had Val last week.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2019, 09:19 PM »
I found the C-3PO & R2-D2 2-pack listed on Amazon for $14.99.  I had ordered that set at EE, but it's currently listed on backorder.  So I'm going to cancel the EE order and I ordered it on Amazon.

The ever-sliding delivery dates on the A-wing, TLJ multipack and Clone Trooper have been frustrating, to say the least.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2019, 09:27 PM »
It hit Walmart here, and I picked up a full set except Han Mud.  I got seconds at HTS then to try customizing them into better figures some day but that was all I ever saw really one and done.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2019, 11:33 AM »
I found the C-3PO & R2-D2 2-pack listed on Amazon for $14.99.  I had ordered that set at EE, but it's currently listed on backorder.  So I'm going to cancel the EE order and I ordered it on Amazon.

The ever-sliding delivery dates on the A-wing, TLJ multipack and Clone Trooper have been frustrating, to say the least.

Thanks for the heads up... I just canceled my EE order and bought it off Amazon... saved me $8 in shipping too.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Saw the TRU C-3PO/R2 set at Ross today for $6.99. A good option to check for those who don’t have and want this set
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Saw the same thing in Downtown Chicago today... they had about 6 of them.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03 AM »
For some reason, despite the galaxy of 3POs and R2s I have, I really want this set.