Author Topic: Nova Ubiquitous Action Figure Displays  (Read 49083 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Nova Ubiquitous Action Figure Displays
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:33 PM »

(Clicky to read my impressions)

We recently received a sample from the company "Nova" for their soon-to-be-released Ubiquitous Action Figure Displays system.

What the hell is that!?  Well, read the review and you'll find out, but the short answer is a scale-neutral action figure display system that is customizable to virtually any configuration you could want.

I enjoyed it, and would liken it to GTP Space Walls but more versatile (IE: not Death Star specific looking) and display options are much more numerous.  It's tough for me to compare them to one another, I consider them wholly separate and complimentary, not competitive, but check it out for yourself!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Nova Ubiquitous Action Figure Displays
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Great review as always Jesse....always happy to see a new one!

I'm keeping these in mind if I were to do a redesign of my collection room.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 05:33 PM »
They’re definitely a good option Matt, and thank you for the kind words on the review I appreciate that.  Tough to make time to do them and my photography is obviously not as good as others, but I thought people might like these sets.  There are similar things available overseas too, but I’d say nothing this polished.

Only GTP is as “complete” aesthetically but their design lacks the interlocking connecting this set does have.  Again I think they’re apples and oranges as products go though and both accomplish the display goal in different but effective ways.

Nova posted a teaser image that implied, to me anyway, a more imperial looking design is on the way.  That’s cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Jesse, I may have said something on Twitter about this but if not, well done on the review. The pics are fine and you did a great job of covering all the ways the set can be put together. It's an interesting design and pretty easily used for a lot of different properties.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Thanks man I appreciate that.  It’s definitely a nice set to have.  I tried to put them in contact with Entertainment Earth.  They want to work with them too.

The customizable nature of these makes them nice for people to fit to their shelf if they want or whatever.  Like I mentioned they may be putting out a new set that look kind of imperial but I’m not sure on the coloring they’ll go with.  They may be in the same gunmetal color these are but some of the FO halls have that color going on and less of the OT grey.  Hopefully will know more on that stuff soon.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Based on this review and some photos that Jayson posted, I finally pulled the trigger on this display.  I'm looking forward to putting it together, for sure.  But the big question seems to be just how to configure the thing!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:13 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Tons of options just remember your fingers will be sore taking the display apart and putting it back together haha.  I really do recommend at least a small flat blade screwdriver for gentle prying of the pieces.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 04:43 PM »
Thanks for the tip, JJ!

Feedback

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 01:10 PM »
I missed the "transport" on this stuff. Is there some alternate way of getting these at a reasonable price?
Macklunkey!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 12:16 AM »
Not at present that I’m aware but they’re working on new items and I believe Star Wars-ish wall panels are amongst them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 09:25 PM »
I've been catching up on a number of projects during the extra time at home.  One is putting together my Nova Ubiquitous UB-01LS.  OMG, my thumbs!  I've got the basic structure together, but I need to figure out the lighting and wiring scheme that I want to do.  Then I can really get this thing fully put together.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 02:01 AM »
This is a moldy oldy. 

I’m mulling a lighted unit myself.  I have my Ubi in its box.  I need to get my **** together on fixing up the collection room so I can display stuff and enjoy toys instead of look at storage boxes.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 09:15 AM »
I think when I get this up on the shelf it's going to stand in for the Eravana in THE FORCE AWAKENS.  But I have to decide if I'm going to do this as a 3.75" or 6" display.

Feedback