Author Topic: JediDefender Vintage Collection Wishlist?  (Read 4865 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
JediDefender Vintage Collection Wishlist?
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:22 AM »
In light of Hasbro Pulse initiating "The Vintage Conversation", it seems like a Vintage Collection wishlist might be in order.  Especially since Hasbro seems to be actively soliciting ideas.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Vintage Collection Wishlist?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Scott, where are you?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 10:12 PM »
It does seem like some wishlist threads would make for some interesting fare.  Especially with the state of The Vintage Collection, and where the line is going.  Hasbro reads forums - we should give them something to read!

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 10:53 AM »
It does seem like some wishlist threads would make for some interesting fare.  Especially with the state of The Vintage Collection, and where the line is going.  Hasbro reads forums - we should give them something to read!

Yes.  This is one of the things I miss here.  Scott used to do this every year back in the day, but I suppose it was frustrating to hold them annually when very little was being made and you'd get pretty much the same results.  Perhaps life got busy for him, too?  I've been doing these on Yakface, but that's on hiatus with the forums currently down.  Maybe if Scott is too busy to resurrect them, someone else could pick up the mantle?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2022, 11:21 AM »
It's always fun to take part in the whole wishlist process.  And right now it seems like there are a few hot spots in TVC - the OT, Clone Wars, The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.  It gives me a little bit of optimism. 

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 1, 2022, 01:38 PM »
It's always fun to take part in the whole wishlist process.  And right now it seems like there are a few hot spots in TVC - the OT, Clone Wars, The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.  It gives me a little bit of optimism.

Agreed.  It's always interesting to see what people want that might be different from one's own list.  I went through the threads and it's been 10 years since we've done a wishlist!  Yeah, we've had 3 ST movies, 2 Anthology movies, various shows/cartoons since that time.  You could take a whole year (or more) just to do wishlists now if you did each movie/show/EU plus the Top 25 of all of them.  Wow!  And Disney keeps coming out with more media.

Nick, perhaps we need to start a new thread and see if there's interest by others to revive the top tens like they did Palpatine?
« Last Edit: March 1, 2022, 01:39 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2022, 02:16 PM »

Nick, perhaps we need to start a new thread and see if there's interest by others to revive the top tens like they did Palpatine?

I'm going to go ahead and spin these posts into the thread from the last time you two tried to re-start the wishlists in 2018. ;)

But yeah, it's been ten years.  I know SA was on life-support in 2013-2015 and basically dead 2016-2018, but it's really amazing to see how few characters got knocked off those 2012 Wishlists.  When the Hasbro team was run by folks who cared about fansites, our wishlists were one of the tools DDP's team used to help with parking lot ideas.  The current team is much, MUCH more interested in influencers on Insta than loyal fansites and we get very little attention these days. :(

It might be best to change the format for a bit since there are so many more movies/sources now.  If Scott isn't interesteed in re-launching the wishlists, maybe we can get a more modern version going just to generate some discussion...
« Last Edit: March 1, 2022, 02:19 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2022, 02:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm all for it.  Hopefully Scott is, too... or at least we can get a new version of wishlists going. 

It's interesting that you mentioned Hasbro's new team is more focused on "influencers" now than the OG forums whose users I would assume have more experience with the "brand."  Perhaps we will just have to call the wishlists "Top Ten Expressions" or something to get Hasbro's attention.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2022, 02:55 PM »
Thanks, Jeff.  It would be great if Scott wanted to lead the way on this.  And I agree, a slightly updated format would be interesting. 

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2022, 03:29 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and spin these posts into the thread from the last time you two tried to re-start the wishlists in 2018. ;)

But yeah, it's been ten years.  I know SA was on life-support in 2013-2015 and basically dead 2016-2018, but it's really amazing to see how few characters got knocked off those 2012 Wishlists.  When the Hasbro team was run by folks who cared about fansites, our wishlists were one of the tools DDP's team used to help with parking lot ideas.  The current team is much, MUCH more interested in influencers on Insta than loyal fansites and we get very little attention these days. :(

It might be best to change the format for a bit since there are so many more movies/sources now.  If Scott isn't interesteed in re-launching the wishlists, maybe we can get a more modern version going just to generate some discussion...

Someone could just edit all the winners insto a stupid Insta story, or a Tik Tok with fun sounds. That might get Hasbro to listen.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 1, 2022, 06:32 PM »
Perhaps.  Collecting in social media is growing by leaps and bounds, and Hasbro is paying attention there.

As far as categories, if this proceeds forward?  Doing every single movie, tv show or print title seems like it could get a bit drawn out.  I'm thinking about doing Top 20 lists in the following categories:

-PREQUEL TRILOGY
-ORIGINAL TRILOGY
-SEQUEL TRILOGY
-ANTHOLOGY MOVIES (Solo & Rogue One)
-LIVE ACTION TELEVISION  (The Mandalorian & The Book of Boba Fett so far)
-ANIMATION  (Wide open - Droids, Ewoks, Tartakovsky Clone Wars, 3D Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, Visions, etc)
-EXPANDED UNIVERSE (Print, comics, gaming)

I think we could get far better curated responses by narrowing the fields by trilogy, anthology, animation, etc.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 1, 2022, 07:18 PM »
That's probably the way to go, Nick.  Live action TV is expanding with Kenobi and Ahsoka as well, not to mention further seasons of the current live action stuff.

Now, I also forgot in that 10-year period, we also have 6".  Do we run 2 concurrently or solely focus on TVC?  I don't want to alienate the 6" fans, though I know most of us are 3.75" collectors.  Thoughts?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 1, 2022, 07:25 PM »
That's probably the way to go, Nick.  Live action TV is expanding with Kenobi and Ahsoka as well, not to mention further seasons of the current live action stuff.

Now, I also forgot in that 10-year period, we also have 6".  Do we run 2 concurrently or solely focus on TVC?  I don't want to alienate the 6" fans, though I know most of us are 3.75" collectors.  Thoughts?

6" fans can eat it.  Let's stick with 3.75" TVC.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 2, 2022, 05:40 AM »

I would say yes to running concurrent TVC and TBS polls.  Both lines have places where they might have some holes, or could benefit from some fresh ideas.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2022, 09:33 AM »
I'm thinking about doing Top 20 lists in the following categories:

-PREQUEL TRILOGY
-ORIGINAL TRILOGY
-SEQUEL TRILOGY
-ANTHOLOGY MOVIES (Solo & Rogue One)
-LIVE ACTION TELEVISION  (The Mandalorian & The Book of Boba Fett so far)
-ANIMATION  (Wide open - Droids, Ewoks, Tartakovsky Clone Wars, 3D Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, Visions, etc)
-EXPANDED UNIVERSE (Print, comics, gaming)

I like this breakdown and these groupings too.

Do we run 2 concurrently or solely focus on TVC?
I would say yes to running concurrent TVC and TBS polls.  Both lines have places where they might have some holes, or could benefit from some fresh ideas.

While I am inclined to agree with Dave, I guess it would be best to run then at the same time in the appropriate forum section.   Fair warning, my 6" wish-lists will pretty much exclusively be Han Solo figures...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender