Author Topic: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q2 - Kit-Bash/Redeco Figs  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q2 - Kit-Bash/Redeco Figs
« on: February 28, 2018, 03:16 PM »
Here is today's THE VINTAGE CONVERSATION QUESTION:

"What are your top 3 existing 3.75" Star Wars super-articulated figure would you like to see updated with new parts or deco to create a new version of that character or possibly even a totally new character? Name the figures and the parts. Be descriptive!"

My contribution:
#TheVintageConversation -
-Elite Praetorian Guard - 7th Guard from THE LAST JEDI (made from WalMart exclusive Elite Praetorian Guard)
-Jedi Master Cin Drallig - REVENGE OF THE SITH (made from Jedi like Joclad Danva)
-Princess Leia - Bespin Escape - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (made from Toryn Farr body, Bespin Leia head & new legs)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:25 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q2 - Kit-Bash/Redeco Figs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Ah, Bespin Escape Leia. Good choice.

My votes:

1. Praetorian Guard(s) with new heads - flat cap and jouster models. 2. FN-2187 - with new Finn head, removable helmet. 3. Rey (Scavenger) - new head and ungloved hands for 2015 BS Rey, as well as Rebel pilot helmet.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 03:31 PM »
What about that second Duros using parts from the first one?

I've got plenty of unmade figures I'd like to see made, but this is one of those things I don't know that I have the time or energy to put enough thought into to come up with much.

I've always wanted a Jorus C'Baoth figure... I wonder what he could be assembled out of...

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:33 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Good choices there, too.  An FN-2187 built on the First Order Stormtrooper body would be a solid choice. 

That first Duros was pretty much a 5 POA figure, even if it was in a line that's as beloved as POTJ was.  I wonder if there's a figure out there that has a similar costume to Baniss Keeg?  The only one that's coming to mind is Fixer from that Camie & Fixer 2-pack.  But considering that the first Duros was also the first Fan's Choice Figure Poll winner?  Updating that figure, or offering Baniss Keeg would be pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:45 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 03:54 PM »
I've been waiting for Baniss forever. I think he's probably a new figure, but not 100% on his costume. I'd be ok with an updated Duros, but he's still a great figure to me.

Amazing to see people NOT follow the rules in the comments on Instagram.  ::)

Tried to rack my brain for who Dorme could be made out of, but not sure.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 04:20 PM »
Unmasked Kylo Ren could be easy for them:  head from the TFA wave and the TBS Figure

This could be used for 3 figures (TFA, TLJ with bandage, TLJ with scar) with a little tooling.  But maybe those 2 wouldn't fit the parameters.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 08:27 PM »
A new Stormtrooper with updated (correct) helmet.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 09:31 PM »

This x1000. Just mod the Rogue One Stormtrooper helmet to fit on the SA Stormie and we're all set.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Unmasked Kylo Ren could be easy for them:  head from the TFA wave and the TBS Figure

This could be used for 3 figures (TFA, TLJ with bandage, TLJ with scar) with a little tooling.  But maybe those 2 wouldn't fit the parameters.

Both of these are really good ideas.  With Kylo Ren, I think Hasbro could probably do a little bit better with the Adam Driver likeness, but the body of the 3.75" Black Series Kylo Ren is a great one to build upon.

And a new/kitbashed Stormtrooper is a no-brainer.  I really like the TLC Stormtrooper sculpt for the body, but not the head or the helmet.  Combine that TLC trooper with a helmet like the one on the ROGUE ONE Stormtrooper and I think you get a pretty awesome Stormtrooper.  As much as the removable helmets were interesting, in practice they just didn't work that well.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2018, 10:00 AM »
I figure we're going to get an all new Stormtrooper this year or next. The Mimban trooper appears to be a new body, though it's hard to tell. I'd be all in for those, even after saying many times around 2013 or so I'll never buy another one.

I say that a lot with Star Wars figures.  ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 1, 2018, 10:56 AM »
"What are your top 3 existing 3.75" Star Wars super-articulated figure would you like to see updated with new parts or deco to create a new version of that character or possibly even a totally new character? Name the figures and the parts. Be descriptive!"

My picks were:

1 - Stormtrooper. Take the Rogue One helmet and put it on the awesome TVC "Lost Line" Sandtrooper body. Keep releasing paint variants - all white, brown desert wash, black "Wobani prison" wash, The Force Unleashed Commander paint, etc.

2 - Hoth Rebel Soldier (VC-68). This figure is awesome, and extremely rare. Release it with head variants, all with a removable helmet.

3 - AT-AT Commander (VC-05). Release the figure again with a General Veers head.

Honorable Mention: Admiral Ackbar (VC-22). Repaint and release as a Mon Calamari officer, with removable helmet.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 1, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Forgot about Jesse's favorite: Rebel Fleet Trooper with working holster and new head.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 1, 2018, 02:34 PM »

I agree, but I'm also not a fan of the newer ball jointed hips. They just look awkward. They can be improved.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 1, 2018, 04:45 PM »

I agree, but I'm also not a fan of the newer ball jointed hips. They just look awkward. They can be improved.

I'm not much of a fan of ball jointed hips in general.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2018, 12:57 PM »
If I could vote:

Hoth Luke. (The shoulders on the vintage one are just.. bad.)
Rebel Fleet Trooper with a holster for the force's sake.
Leia Bespin Escape.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."