Author Topic: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q3 - Vehicles  (Read 9083 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q3 - Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2018, 07:22 PM »
I just saw some promos for the REBELS finale, and it got me thinking.  Not about the Ghost, which I would love, but I think might be a potential  HasLab candidate.  But it was actually about the Imperial Gunship.  It seems like it might work in the Hasbro realm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Was never a fan of the Imperial Gunship. Something about it just felt off. There's a missing link in Imperial/FO vehicles that I always thought odd; you have shuttles and fighters, and AT-ATs, but no dedicated troop transport (unless I missed something). The one in the ST is fine, and I like the fact it echoes the Higgins boats, but I think design wise there should be some linkage. The cargo shuttle from RO is actually closer to what I'd imagine. That ship is great, and would make for an impressive toy.

I would love to see the Ghost though.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 6, 2018, 03:04 AM »
The rickshaw droid would make a perfect small vehicle pack.

rickshaw droid
FO trooper transport
Tatooine skiff

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 01:28 PM »
So I'm late to the game with Star Wars Rebels, but man, that show is awesome. I'd buy the Ghost and the whole ******* crew.

It's not a list of three, but here are the vehicles I'd like to see...

• Correctly scaled Skiff
• Correctly scaled Y-Wing
• Imperial troop transport (ANH, Rebels)
• Imperial Shuttle (I think the size is ok with the exisiting, but the interior and landing gear needs retooling)
• B-Wing
• AT-PT
• Darth Vader's TIE (retooled interior, remove the gun action feature)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:38 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 02:13 PM »
I know most of us already have some form of it, but how long has it been since we got a version of Luke's X-Wing? I don't mean the non figure compatible one that came out around Rogue One, but the regular version. It is one of the most recognizable ships of the Saga, he uses it in all three original movies, and it seems like it has been a bit since release (unless I am forgetting).

I know vehicles are few and far between now, especially if there isn't a new movie to promote it. I wouldn't mind seeing this get an update/re-do at some point. I currently have the Dagobah version on display, and also own the POTF2 FX version and the Wedge Antilles exclusive.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I know most of us already have some form of it, but how long has it been since we got a version of Luke's X-Wing?

...I wouldn't mind seeing this get an update/re-do at some point.

*checks IP address to make sure Jesse hasn't gotten hold of Brian's log-in info*

Brian, have you seen the DeAgostini 1:18 scale X-Wing model.  Someone I know was brave enough to plunk down the money to buy into this model.  Looks to be the most amazing 1:18 X-Wing yet with moving parts and lights and sounds.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 12:01 AM »
Whoever buys into that has to be a total boob.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2019, 11:24 AM »
I saw this Yakface Rumor Report about some new TVC vehicles.

3 x TVC vehicles in the 2019 line.  Two are from the Original Trilogy and one is from Episode IX.  I was somewhat struck by the omission of the word NEW from the posting.  My guesses?

ORIGINAL TRILOGY
Darth Vader TIE Fighter - Hasbro has been kind of recycling the POTF2 Vader TIE for some time.  And considering how Hasbro has been systematically working their way through updating the various TIE Fighters with better paint apps, more detailed cockpits and ejector seats, the Vader TIE seems to be next in line for an update.

For the other vehicle?  I think there are a few possibilities.
A-Wing - The A-Wing seems to be more in circulation lately.  An updated version was in The Last Jedi and there was a prototype version on Rebels.  An OT version hasn't been offered since about 2008.  And it has never been offered in The Vintage Collection packaging.  If Hasbro wants to circle back and finally release the A-Wing pilot that was originally slated for release around 2013 or 2014, they could certainly pair that figure up with this release.
Y-Wing - We've gotten a number of Y-Wings over the years, but by and large they have all been based on the vintage Kenner toy.  I would personally like to see this happen.  And a new version *MIGHT* be in order, but I'm not holding my breath since there was one released in the TVC line around 2011.
Luke Skywalker's Red 5 X-Wing - This might be what we get.  And it's basically because there has not been a Luke Skywalker X-Wing in circulation since 2006.  That version was from TESB.  The TVC Red 3 version (Biggs Darklighter) was the most recent incarnation and that got released in 2013.  This one had the targeting computer and is the most up to date OT X-wing.  And there has never been a Luke Skywalker X-Wing in the TVC line.  Considering those factors?  I think this is one of the most likely OT possibilities.

EPISODE IX
This is incredibly open ended since we really haven't seen much except from Episode IX so far.  My guess here?  Maybe Poe has a new ship since his Black Leader T-70 X-Wing was taken out by Kylo Ren when he blew up the hangar on the Raddus in TLJ.  An upgraded X-Wing might be a possibility since the Resistance was flying T-70's, but the New Republic was flying T-75's.  The other option that might be a possibility is if Rey gets a ship of her own.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2019, 11:42 AM »
For the other vehicle?  I think there are a few possibilities.

Don't forget his original rumor report back in November 2018 -

"Hasbro undoubtedly had bantha-sized plans"
and
"Hasbro has been hinting in interviews that they’re looking at getting the X-wing back out in TVC packaging."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 8, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Wow, I must have missed that (The holidays took their toll on me).  Glad to see my deductive reasoning may have nailed down the X-Wing.  Maybe Hasbro wants to save the Vader TIE for another year...

Getting the Skiff back into circulation is a great tie-in with the release of the Sail Barge.  I wonder if they're going to release it in POTF style packaging?

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 8, 2019, 02:47 PM »
The skiff definitely seems likely, with the Sail Barge coming out. They're guaranteed to sell 1 or (more likely) 2 for each person who bought a sail barge. I wonder if they're counting the sail barge as one of the vehicles?

I would love an update to Vader's TIE or the Y-Wing. Either one would be an instant buy. I'd also really love a new B-Wing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 9, 2019, 07:41 PM »
I'd sort of like to see a new Y-Wing as well. The couple I've picked up over the years (aside from the CW bomber), and it never seemed real solid to me. The rear landing gear on mine always collapse. Also wouldn't mind seeing Luke's X-Wing again too....or the skiff (which could use a re-do probably too). Really I'd probably buy about any OT vehicle they would put out in that packaging. 🙂

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 01:07 PM »
There was a way to fix the rear landing gear on the Y-Wing.  IIRC, it involved taking it apart and swapping the "gears".
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 12:14 PM »
I'd take a new Y-Wing, though I like having 4 unique fighters that we have now.

My chief vote is what I had been saying - X-Wing with decals/stickers to create custom fighters - Red 4, 6 etc. But, I'd take Red Leader and Red 2 re-do's as well.

Would LOVE a new Imperial Shuttle. I wonder if it'd be possible to do something modular? -- make an Imperial Shuttle that you can disassemble/reassemble to add a troop transport cabin. I'd buy 2. Could be a great Haslab project.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 09:57 AM »
Re: Darth Vader's TIE fighter, does anyone know if there are any rumors swirling about that one? I'd like to set up the whole "stay in attack formation" configuration, but the POTF2 TIE advanced just looks so dated next to the newer TIE fighters. I can definitely repaint it to be a bit better, but I'd hate to do that if there's one coming down the road.

Man...I'd also love to see a rerelease of the TIE bomber and TIE interceptor (with the new cockpit). My POTJ Interceptor still has the battery back-end.