Author Topic: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q6 - Enviroments / Playsets  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro's Vintage Conversation Q6 - Enviroments / Playsets
« Reply #15 on: March 6, 2018, 10:30 AM »
I'd love a Jabba's Palace... the only reason I didn't pick that one was because if the Barge gets made, I won't have nearly as much to populate a palace playset with.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 6, 2018, 11:15 AM »
I'd love a Jabba's Palace... the only reason I didn't pick that one was because if the Barge gets made, I won't have nearly as much to populate a palace playset with.

Sadly, I think I'd have enough figures to populate both.  #toomanyfigures  :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 6, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Any pics of that cancelled Hoth playset?

Are you referring to the image of the Probe droid that surfaced?  Check out Gorkoracing's Instagram.  He's got images of the Probe droid, a couple of figures and an echo base console.  But that was it.  Still, the info surrounding that seemed to indicate that it might have been in the works as recently as 5 years ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the engineer has ball jointed elbows, yes? Personally, I thought the Gunner swivel joins worked perfectly, but still would have been nice to see the upgrade.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 6, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Yeah, I can see the ball joints in the engineer.  Although including that figure in an echo base playset seems odd, unless he's supposed to tend to the probe droid and its pod.  More images are supposed to get posted showing the probe droid in the pod.

From the additional images it looks like the Echo Base Trooper was going to be included with at least two different likenesses (probably two different troopers).  I'm kind of disappointed that this set got cancelled.  It could have been pretty cool.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: March 6, 2018, 08:04 PM »
I noticed a couple more things.

The DSGunner/Engineer has the new arms, but the helmet may be new too, which I found odd.

The computer console and the computer "block" piece from the command center are awesome.  I also noticed a chair lying kind of out of the way there too.

The real gem is that Probot though.  The droid has more articulation (apparently the legs were dumbed down for the current version).  This makes me all the more wish we had gotten this set and that droid.  I love the new one but the added extra joints on the droid really put it over the top, and all the armor for the space pod is just awesome and I really wish we had all this.  The probots floated around in space in those pods in games and stuff, doing their proby things in asteroid fields and such.  I really wish we had that and all those computer bits and stuff.  You can buy custom resin stuff of those consoles and stuff but they're not as nice as those Hasbro ones I noticed (they're neat though, but not quite as detailed as Hasbro's work).  The chair is accurate too which is extra cool.

And obviously we'd all love the echo base troopers.  I'm shocked a Torryn Far wasn't part of this or an updated Riekean, but I'd take the set as-is just fine.  Hell, ditch the engineer.  He's meh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #20 on: March 7, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I don't even care as much about playsets as I do larger accessories. I still love the echo base map screens from the Riekkan set. If we could get more items like that, I'd be happy.

Though I'd really like a proper meditation chamber for Vader.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram