Author Topic: 2020 G.I. Joe Retro Line  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
2020 G.I. Joe Retro Line
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:22 AM »
And the news we’ve all been waiting for, a return of 3.75” Joes.  :)

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/03/15/walmart-computer-listings-for-gijoe-retro-line-include-h-i-s-s-tank-68323

A line of Retro Joes, which I assume to be like the Retro Star Wars and Ghostbusters. I’m guessing that means o-ring style, but nothing seems to be confirmed yet. And also likely a Walmart exclusive. The listings mention a HISS Tank, because what is GI Joe without vehicles?  ;) Not really sure who the code names identify, but I think Tarantula is Snake Eyes.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 01:07 PM by Jeff »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Retro Line
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 07:21 PM »
Cobra's only vehicle the HISS not-really-a-tank.

I'll believe it when there's photos. Retro could mean other things.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Well, I was wrong. Modern reissues in vintage packaging. Loving the HISS and AWE Striker boxes, but I have the figures twice over already, so it’s kind of a bummer. Guess I figured with Star Wars and Ghostbusters getting the original stuff rereleased that was what a Hasbro would do here.  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 10:49 AM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:03 PM »
No O-rings?!?  :'(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 11:14 AM »
This is sort of meh to me.  Love the cards, but this stuff has been put out over and over. 

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 01:28 PM »
This isn't retro, unless you count the packages, OR you consider the 25th anniversary figures to be retro.

They dropped the ball on this.  Should have gone the same way the SW and TF figures went, full on 80s figure and packages.  I'll pass.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 05:02 PM »
Three more “retro” figures announced Friday: Lady Jaye, Duke (screaming head), and Cobra Commander. They all look fine and all, and I understand getting the big guns out there....but it is starting to feel like a re-release of 25th anniversary in a lot of ways. At least the figures seem to have some improvements overall, although I don’t care for Duke’s extreme expression (they were probably going for the Sunbow toon “Yo Joe!” opening). I am thankful for any other vehicles they may reissue though, so many I wanted as a kid. Trying to keep current with these though. Only 3 at a time so far, but still have never seen one at our WM.