Author Topic: 2018 Droid Factory SOLO Droid 4-Pack  (Read 11923 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Droid Factory SOLO Droid 4-Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2018, 11:01 AM »
The one I just got off of ebay for $35 shipped seems to have come from a Disney park.  At least its got the Disney price sticker on it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Yeah Pete it’s somethibg Like that or a combo.  They go frequently with a timeshare there and stuff.  Seems like a nice deal too if you’re there that often.  Kinda winds up paying for itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Yeah Pete it’s somethibg Like that or a combo.  They go frequently with a timeshare there and stuff.  Seems like a nice deal too if you’re there that often.  Kinda winds up paying for itself.

Yeah - Disney Vacation Club is a timeshare - DVC members own a "stake" in one (or more) of the resorts and have points they can use each year to go stay at the resort. Also, even though most DVC members don't live in Florida, because they have a stake in property in Florida, they are allowed to get the annual pass at a discount which comes close to the Florida residents rate. On top of that, parking is always free and there are discounts at restaurants and in shops all around Walt Disney World - including the the ones at Disney Springs.

If you think you're going to go a lot or like going a lot, it's actually a pretty cool thing to be part of.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2018, 10:07 PM »
That Disney Vacation Club discount might encourage some re-sellers to do what they're doing in cases like this.  But I think that they would have to buy LOTS of these in order to turn any kind of appreciable profit.

I also think that the re-sellers are cognizant of the fact that items like this droid 4-pack are eventually going to be available for shipping via the Shop Parks app.  Once they are?  That could mean these guys wind up getting stuck with a bunch of stuff that they may not be able to move for a long time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: May 6, 2018, 01:57 PM »
There are some ebayers selling constantly so I’m guessing that’s what they do.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 6, 2018, 02:34 PM »
I couldn't image those sellers not having a discount. Otherwise, why bother?

I'm lucky enough that one of my trading buddies takes care of a couple of us with his discount.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2018, 01:04 AM »
Yeah I've been lucky with my local friends helping me...  Then other help when I've needed it too, from closer to the park.  My friends are there so much though, usually they get me covered on stuff.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Mine came saturday. The box was damaged but I didn't care.  The seller was in Riverside so he definitely got it from Disneyland. Even with an AP discount I think he broke even which is nice to see on ebay where everyone doubles the price and  ebay/paypal take 20% off the top. There was no shipping price on the mailing label.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 10:57 PM »
Is there anyone with access to Disney World this week that could help me out?  I've got a friend from work going and he is willing to mule me back a set of the Solo Droids and I'd like to be able to tell him where to look but the Shop Disney App is showing out of stock. I'm hoping it wrong.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 09:26 AM »
I went in November and there were two stores in Disney Springs that had Droid Factory sets.  I mention Disney Springs specifically because it's a shopping destination that doesn't require admission to the parks.  That was the Star Wars Galactic Outpost and the Star Wars Trading Post. 

Inside the parks are some other stores where I found Droid Factory items.  Tatooine Traders in Disney MGM studios is located alongside Star Tours.  You literally have to walk through the store after the Star Tours ride, and that one is among the best of the bunch.  There are a few shops in the Magic Kingdom that had them, too.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 02:03 PM »
Is there anyone with access to Disney World this week that could help me out?  I've got a friend from work going and he is willing to mule me back a set of the Solo Droids and I'd like to be able to tell him where to look but the Shop Disney App is showing out of stock. I'm hoping it wrong.

Unfortunately, I've found that the Shop Disney Parks app is pretty spot-on and if they're indicating that there's nowhere on the map they can point you in the direction of the set, then it is indeed out of stock.

The good news is that as of today they haven't removed it from the app so that probably means they have more on their way.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 03:41 PM »
Pete's right.  I used the Shop Parks app when I was there to find the Disney version of Chopper.  It was only at a couple of locations on the app, like Tatooine Traders at Disney Hollywood studios.  I tried to find it before our day at that park when we went to Disney Springs, but no luck.  But like the app indicated, Chopper WAS at Tatooine Traders next to Star Tours.

Feedback

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 09:53 PM »
Thanks for the help and feedback with this guys.  I'll print him out some info and hope for a restock before he hits the park next week.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Having seen some more imagery in the SOLO behind the scenes video that was posted on the Official Site, there are some new droids that I am REALLY hoping that either Hasbro or Disney is going to tackle.  And they look pretty awesome.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2018, 09:10 PM »
I got my 4-pk on ebay also.

Lots of droids I hope Disney or Hasbro tackles. (pg 108 'Solo: Official Guide')

LT2 series would be perfect for build-a-droid.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/P6B-LT2
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T1M8-LT2