Author Topic: eBays $100. 12 Back Auctions  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: eBays $100. 12 Back Auctions
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 12:08 PM »
This is one thing I like about getting to know the fellow members here as oposed to other larger sites. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and when you see another member score a good deal your happy for them but to try to steal that deal away is a totally rotten thing to do and they should be named.  I really don't want to be dealing with people like that and I am sure most others feel the same way.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 04:57 PM »
Yep, I agree that is the beauty of this site.  

That garage sale analogy of Scott's is bang on, but let's put it in even more perspective.  Suppose I go to a garage sale this Friday and find a brand spanking new carded Vlix that someone had in the attic from the time a foreign exchange student was around and left it for Christmas as a gift.  Junior had no clue who Vlix was, so we just put it aside as we couldn't remember the character from the movie.  

The price sticker from the garage sale says $2 :o.  What should I do?  Tell the seller, no you're wrong, that's worth thousands?  Maybe I should barter it down to $1.

Neither.  I quietly and quickly pay the $2, all the while holding the card gingerly in my fingertips.  I paid the asking price, end of story.  Get back in the car and try not to wet the seat.  

Two days later, the seller tracks me down and says, whoa, I just realized what that's worth.  Uh-huh, too bad.  Like others have said, do your homework first.  

There ain't nobody out there offering me my money back on star wars figures I paid full retail for that later went on sale, or I could pick up for $2 loose.  Oops.  And not a lot of us happen to be returning our Toy Fair Vaders to the fan club so we can pay them more.  I'm sure they'd be pleased to pull in an extra $180 or so in profit, wouldn't they?  

Goofy argument.  The seller is greedy and stupid, end of story.  If she pulls this stunt now, she'll do it again as she has clearly demonstrated the lack of integrity.  Definitely file negative feedback, definitely file a complaint with ebay and most probably spend that $20 for the moderator/arbitrator.  It would be worth the $20 to make her squirm and sweat.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 2, 2003, 08:42 AM »
Hey Morgbug, I totally agree with what you said.  Man I just read all of this stuff, that is so Crazy.