Collectibles > Solo: A Star Wars Story

Store Finds and Recent Purchases

(1/12) > >>

Brian:
Seems like finds have been a little spotty according to the reports I've seen so far. I went to two Targets this morning, about mid morning, and had decent luck but there were some things I didn't see at all.

First Target had an end cap display, and nothing new in the aisle except for a Black Series Han that has been there since last weekend. They had some of the basic figures (picked up Qi'Ra, Chewie, and Range Trooper), one set of TVC (grabbed Snoke, Hoth Trooper, and Rey), and some Funko (grabbed Lando and the Target exclusive Han). They had a couple LEGO sets (bad guy speeder and TIE), but that was it so far. No two packs, vehicles of any size, or beast/deluxe packs.

My second Target stop (which we call the "little" Target), had no end cap but the aisle was fully stocked. They had most everything: basic figs, starter pack w/Han, both sized Falcons, two packs, deluxe beast packs, Han's speeder, etc. They also had a lone Black Series Dewback. They also had a full set of TVC, black series (no Tarkin or Lando), and the misc. nerf and Hot Wheels stuff. Also some LEGO.

As far as what I didn't see at all:

Mimban Stormtrooper (basic line)
Maz Kanata (basic line)
Wampa with Luke Skywalker
Chewbacca (Black Series Target Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin (Black Series)
Any Black Series past the initial wave
LEGO Kessel Run Falcon
LEGO  Han Speeder

All in all I'm happy with my finds. I was really hoping to find that Black Series Chewie, but maybe he isn't out yet. I do sort of want the new Falcon toy, just because I like all things Falcon, but looking at it I just didn't want to spend $100 on it. I also sort of wanted to get the LEGO Falcon, but that should be no problem to pick up later. Biggest disappointment I think is not finding the Wampa set, honestly 🙂.  Also, it has been mentioned before, but it really is weird there is no Han in the basic assortment. At the first Target I was at (with the end cap), they didn't carry the Falcon, speeder, or starter pack yet, so you literally couldn't but a Han Solo figure from the Solo movie.

McMetal:
I went back at lunch to one of the Targets I had come up empty at this morning and was surprised to see they had put a bunch of stuff out. I think I saw everything except maybe the Wampa and any 6" outside of Wave 1. They even had little Porgs. ($1 cheaper than Gamestop)That Swoop Bike looked pretty tempting, but I can hold out for the 6" version.  ;D

Brian:
It was fun doing the toy run today, and I'm happy with what I picked up, but when I opened some stuff today with the kiddo, it really didn't look like much for what I spent you know? I think the biggest "Midnight Madness" haul I brought home at one time was for ROTS, and it just seemed like I had much more "bang for your buck" at that time. The toys aren't bad by any means, but just not like it used to be with $4.99 figures and better vehicles I guess.

Also, with this yearly movie schedule I'm almost hoping they just drop the whole release date thing. Half the stores even care anymore, and it just seems like more trouble than it is worth.

Jesse James:
Well 13 years ago yeah things were def better with the line... 

I didn’t buy much today because again I got to any store that put much of anything out, it was gone.  Target was about the only place that put toys out today.  Walmart’s near me all **** the bed and put out either barely anything and probably on accident what they did put out, or they put out nothing at all.  Walmart truly does suck on every level haha.

Target put things out but people cleared the pegs of TVC except Jyn Rey and FO Trooper.  Han Speeder, the beast packs and that stuff was there.  I got a Wampa and that was my main goal but I would’ve liked some basic figures maybe or the Hoth rebel and Wrinkly Ric Flair Snoke.  😕

Kinda disappointed today but I’m assuming I’ll find stuff eventually.  I’d probably lol if I walked in Kmart and they were on the ball.  They weren’t too bad with TLJ over Walmart as I recall.

CHEWIE:
I might hit up Kohl's tomorrow to see what they have (not expecting much but I'd like to find a few figures, even if just to see them in person).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version