Author Topic: Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 18165 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I may be wrong but I put this on Disney/Hasbro. Don't change the release date. Especially on somewhere like Target that is pretty anal about their planogram dates, etc.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 06:35 PM »
I think that Hasbro and/or Disney are rolling back the hype machine deliberately.  There was SO MUCH hype from the launch of the product line for THE LAST JEDI, but it happened 3 months before there was a movie to see.  Hasbro's CEO expressed that he thought it was too big of a gap between Force Friday and the theatrical release of the movie, and that the merchandising probably suffered.

In this case?  The movie itself was beset by bad press as a result of Lucasfilm firing the original directors of the film.  And it seems like the movie was reshaped significantly by Ron Howard.  To his credit, Howard did a lot to build up fan interest with his social media content.  The slow rollout on the product line might be an effort to keep expectations for both the movie and the merchandising in line.  It's better for Disney and Lucasfilm if this movie exceeds expectations, rather than having people's fears about the movie confirmed.

But back on topic?  I found Chewie today, and it was a pretty cool feeling.  He's always been a favorite character of mine, and with the movie seeming to build upon his story, I actually feel a bit excited to see an exploration of Chewbacca's partnership with Han Solo.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 06:59 PM »
To quote one of the Spaceballs “I ain’t found ****”.

I have, but man I haven’t found much.  Kmart I didn’t expect good things and wasn’t let down. 

People bitch about TRU and say good riddance but not me.  It’s one less place to look. 

I’m not impatient and stuff but I am looking forward to some of these toys. Be nice to have them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Ended up grading the Swoop bike and Luke/Wampa. Gotta admit that I like the look of the Swoop bike set. It's looking like an opener for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 04:04 PM »
I got the Wampa from Amazon yesterday, and found the Mimban trooper at Target so I think I'm caught up aside from the Black Series Tarkin.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 01:33 PM »
I dunno what's going on with WM, but two of them in my area have shrunk the SW section leaving no space allocation to either Black series or Vintage.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2018, 05:48 PM »
I wandered over to the downtown Chicago Target at lunch today and found a lone Qi'Ra...  they also had a Millennium Falcon vehicle that was $30?  What the hell is that thing?!  It looked just like the $99 one but was small as hell.  I think a lot of parents are going to be confused.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 06:07 PM »
It’s part of the discount simpler vehicles.  Sold usually at stores like Dollar General and stuff but they seem to be branching out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 08:10 PM »
It’s part of the discount simpler vehicles.  Sold usually at stores like Dollar General and stuff but they seem to be branching out.

The box was so light it felt empty.  Is this thing made of Styrofoam?!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Light hollow plastic. 🤷‍♂️  So kinda yeah haha.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 08:56 PM »
Light hollow plastic. 🤷‍♂️  So kinda yeah haha.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 10:08 PM »
Isn't that kind of the idea of the value line?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 11:17 PM »
Pretty much everyone has reset for Solo around here. Vintage is spotty. Rey and Hoth Soldier are MIA. Mimban Stormtrooper. 6 inch Tarkin. And the Wampa, though I lucked out and found him at Target tonight. Enjoy this little line a lot so far.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 07:17 AM »
The past hero series vehicles are really excellent if you give them the chance.  The X-Wing from RO had a ton of detail and the scaling is pretty nice.  They aren’t for interacting with the figures, but these are nice for kids that love vehicles.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 08:15 AM »
I had some good luck at Target yesterday.  At one store I picked up Han Solo’s land speeder.  And at another I was able to get the 3.75” Qi’ra, Rangetrooper and Mimban Stormtrooper. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback