Author Topic: Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 18289 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 09:57 AM »
The past hero series vehicles are really excellent if you give them the chance.  The X-Wing from RO had a ton of detail and the scaling is pretty nice.  They aren’t for interacting with the figures, but these are nice for kids that love vehicles.

I have two different X Wings and for the price they are worth it (they were $15 and not $30 like the Falcon)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 2, 2018, 12:20 PM »
I've still yet to see any Solo 5POA figures in stores. I've seen the Lando 2 pack and the Maul/Qui Gon 2 pack but nothing else in the yellow packaging. I assume Target sold out and just hasn't restocked, but Walmart just hasn't stocked anything period. Only thing you can buy at my local WMs are lightsabers
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: May 2, 2018, 09:46 PM »
The basics here have mostly come and gone with little to no restock.  That said, the weirdest thing I have seen, is that Qui Ra has pretty well disappeared fastest of wave 1 aside from the Mimban Trooper.  I see Range Troopers but never her anywhere.  People bitched about her look but she's selling so hey, whatever.

I'm shocked i see Range Troopers or Chewie.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 2, 2018, 11:14 PM »
The basics here have mostly come and gone with little to no restock.  That said, the weirdest thing I have seen, is that Qui Ra has pretty well disappeared fastest of wave 1 aside from the Mimban Trooper.  I see Range Troopers but never her anywhere.  People bitched about her look but she's selling so hey, whatever.

I'm shocked i see Range Troopers or Chewie.

I have yet to see a Range Trooper or a Mimban trooper.

At one WalMart I was at this morning, I bumped into a Hasbro rep and said "why has this WalMart not yet gotten the Solo figures?" and she asked the WalMart employee helping her and she said "do you have any in the back?" and he was like, "oh, we have them over here" and he took us to the clearance aisle and all that was left was Luke and K2SO. And I looked at her and said "why is that?" and she asked him if he could order more and apparently the system would not let him order more of that item.

I looked at her and said "so why is Hasbro giving WalMart exclusive Vintage Figures? this store probably had the case they received of those in the clearance aisle too. What about those 6" figures for $0.03? Why do you keep offering them exclusives?!?!" She shook her head and couldn't say anything. I know it won't amount to anything, but it felt good to vent a bit at a Hasbro employee.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 2, 2018, 11:19 PM »
I have yet to see a Range Trooper or a Mimban trooper.

I found one of each at a Walmart in Arkansas last week... spotted another Range trooper here in Chicago a few days ago, but that’s it. I figured I’d pass on the big snowy ones for duplicates since the SA one is coming eventually. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 2, 2018, 11:37 PM »
those Hasbro reps at stores have no power beyond what the stock guy at Walmart did...  they’re just there to do basically the same job and they’re not really able to do anything.  She probably didn’t even know about TVC exclusives if she knew about TVC itself. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 3, 2018, 06:32 AM »
those Hasbro reps at stores have no power beyond what the stock guy at Walmart did...  they’re just there to do basically the same job and they’re not really able to do anything.  She probably didn’t even know about TVC exclusives if she knew about TVC itself. 

+1

There's a Hasbro rep that I see at a variety of stores.  He's a nice enough guy.  But Jesse is right, these reps really don't have much if any pull at all.  The gig is more about merchandising:  making sure that the displays are organized and the product looks good in a given store.  Especially if there's any kind of promotional displays.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2018, 06:36 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 3, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Agreed - but if your job is merchandising and that the product looks good and is properly shelved at the store AND the brand new merchandise is in the clearance aisle, guess what? You have failed your job.

That is completely why the Hasbro rep got visibly frustrated when it was revealed that the new Solo figures, Solo Class A Vehicle/Creature items and the Vintage Figures all had ended up in the clearance aisle at this WalMart and honestly, she should be embarrassed that a customer had to call her attention to the fact that none of the newly launched product has yet to show up in the main action figure aisle at this one store.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 3, 2018, 08:12 AM »
The responsibility of the rep is the shelving that's been assigned to their products.  When it comes to the clearance aisle?  That's the store's f*** up.  It definitely makes the rep look bad, but that isn't shelf space that a Hasbro product rep would have any kind of responsibility dealing with.  And I think we all know that there are plenty of WalMart employees who just DO NOT CARE. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 3, 2018, 11:29 AM »
How the heck can I get that job? I am hitting all these stores every week anyway, and I have a smart phone and ability to talk to stock people. I'll keep your promo displays in order for the right price.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 3, 2018, 04:29 PM »
The responsibility of the rep is the shelving that's been assigned to their products.  When it comes to the clearance aisle?  That's the store's f*** up.  It definitely makes the rep look bad, but that isn't shelf space that a Hasbro product rep would have any kind of responsibility dealing with.  And I think we all know that there are plenty of WalMart employees who just DO NOT CARE.

Agreed - but she should have been asking herself "where are the new Star Wars products?". So it's a mix of both parties responsibility for the f-up.

Like I said - she was pretty upset that the new Force Link 2.0 and Vintage stuff was in the clearance aisle - and if she's responsible for other WalMarts located stones throws from the Garden State Parkway, then she's been doing a pretty lousy job of making sure new Star Wars is in the right spot based on the planograms.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2018, 04:30 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 3, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Back in the day I was a Target toy team lead. The Hasbro rep would have no power to tell Target what to do unless they had a paid for space. Or inventory control to that store. They however certainly should know what and where things should be per Target's planograms. They take pics to prove it and ask about it if it's not right. That being said you're talking Walmart. So who knows. Not having product may be the expectation.

And I think trying to tell the rep where Hasbro should give it's exclusives is like telling the cashier at McDonald's what burgers they should start selling
« Last Edit: May 3, 2018, 05:49 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 05:15 AM »
My wave 2 arrived from HTS. Moloch's bubble was a bit crushed, luckily I found nicer one at Target a few days ago.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Take a look at the Wind Up Fight Droids at Disney Store. Pretty cool for $10. Not sure what scale but they'll fit in nicely

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 02:19 AM »
6” scale but still cool.  Jayson at Yak posted some pics on twitter of his with 6” Chewbacca and Han.  Def too big for 4” though their package lists them as 3.75” tall.  That can make things a little confusing but I imagine a 6” scale droid is 4” tall roughly.