Author Topic: Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 18161 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:53 PM »
Seems like finds have been a little spotty according to the reports I've seen so far. I went to two Targets this morning, about mid morning, and had decent luck but there were some things I didn't see at all.

First Target had an end cap display, and nothing new in the aisle except for a Black Series Han that has been there since last weekend. They had some of the basic figures (picked up Qi'Ra, Chewie, and Range Trooper), one set of TVC (grabbed Snoke, Hoth Trooper, and Rey), and some Funko (grabbed Lando and the Target exclusive Han). They had a couple LEGO sets (bad guy speeder and TIE), but that was it so far. No two packs, vehicles of any size, or beast/deluxe packs.

My second Target stop (which we call the "little" Target), had no end cap but the aisle was fully stocked. They had most everything: basic figs, starter pack w/Han, both sized Falcons, two packs, deluxe beast packs, Han's speeder, etc. They also had a lone Black Series Dewback. They also had a full set of TVC, black series (no Tarkin or Lando), and the misc. nerf and Hot Wheels stuff. Also some LEGO.

As far as what I didn't see at all:

Mimban Stormtrooper (basic line)
Maz Kanata (basic line)
Wampa with Luke Skywalker
Chewbacca (Black Series Target Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin (Black Series)
Any Black Series past the initial wave
LEGO Kessel Run Falcon
LEGO  Han Speeder

All in all I'm happy with my finds. I was really hoping to find that Black Series Chewie, but maybe he isn't out yet. I do sort of want the new Falcon toy, just because I like all things Falcon, but looking at it I just didn't want to spend $100 on it. I also sort of wanted to get the LEGO Falcon, but that should be no problem to pick up later. Biggest disappointment I think is not finding the Wampa set, honestly 🙂.  Also, it has been mentioned before, but it really is weird there is no Han in the basic assortment. At the first Target I was at (with the end cap), they didn't carry the Falcon, speeder, or starter pack yet, so you literally couldn't but a Han Solo figure from the Solo movie.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:07 AM by Jeff »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:22 PM »
I went back at lunch to one of the Targets I had come up empty at this morning and was surprised to see they had put a bunch of stuff out. I think I saw everything except maybe the Wampa and any 6" outside of Wave 1. They even had little Porgs. ($1 cheaper than Gamestop)That Swoop Bike looked pretty tempting, but I can hold out for the 6" version.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:25 PM »
It was fun doing the toy run today, and I'm happy with what I picked up, but when I opened some stuff today with the kiddo, it really didn't look like much for what I spent you know? I think the biggest "Midnight Madness" haul I brought home at one time was for ROTS, and it just seemed like I had much more "bang for your buck" at that time. The toys aren't bad by any means, but just not like it used to be with $4.99 figures and better vehicles I guess.

Also, with this yearly movie schedule I'm almost hoping they just drop the whole release date thing. Half the stores even care anymore, and it just seems like more trouble than it is worth.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Well 13 years ago yeah things were def better with the line... 

I didn’t buy much today because again I got to any store that put much of anything out, it was gone.  Target was about the only place that put toys out today.  Walmart’s near me all **** the bed and put out either barely anything and probably on accident what they did put out, or they put out nothing at all.  Walmart truly does suck on every level haha.

Target put things out but people cleared the pegs of TVC except Jyn Rey and FO Trooper.  Han Speeder, the beast packs and that stuff was there.  I got a Wampa and that was my main goal but I would’ve liked some basic figures maybe or the Hoth rebel and Wrinkly Ric Flair Snoke.  😕

Kinda disappointed today but I’m assuming I’ll find stuff eventually.  I’d probably lol if I walked in Kmart and they were on the ball.  They weren’t too bad with TLJ over Walmart as I recall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 01:56 AM »
I might hit up Kohl's tomorrow to see what they have (not expecting much but I'd like to find a few figures, even if just to see them in person).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Amazon has listings for some wave 1 figures, but the pricing is just not good right now.  Almost all of the wave 1 figures appear to be priced at $14.93, which just will not do for a 5POA figure, voice chip or not.  But it's good to have these links handy in a wishlist for when the prices drop to an acceptable level.

Qi'ra

Chewbacca

Maz Kanata

Range Trooper

Stormtrooper (Mimban)

K-2SO

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)

At least the pricing is something close to normal on the Class A vehicle / creature offerings, at $19.99 each:

Enfys Nest's Swoop bike with Enfys Nest

Wampa with Luke Skywalker

Force Link 2.0 gauntlet with Han Solo - $29.99
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:12 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 09:10 AM »
I saw a bunch of the 12" Solo figures already on clearance for $4.98 @ Target. They must have stickered them up as they were taking them out of the box, LOL.

I did end up seeing pretty much everything outside of Qi'ra and 4-LOM, but it took a lot of driving around.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 01:06 PM »
Went out Friday morning with mixed results.

Started out the day at a very predictable and frustrating Walmart. This store consistently drops the ball. There was nothing out despite them having product in back. I called for a manager, they brought out a toy guy who insisted that the release date was Monday the 16th complete with orders from the main office. I pointed out the fact that that was wrong, that the box says the 13th. He begrudgingly went in the back and brought out a few boxes. I picked up all the 2-packs and a force link set, but he allowed me to buy only 2 basic figures. There were no Vintage, beast/speeder packs, vehicles or 6 inch.

I went over to Target across the street and bought all the basic figures.

My end of my area was pretty lackluster. My friend on the other end of the SF Valley got everything; basic figures, Vintage, 6 inch, including the Dewback, 2-packs and Beast/Vehicle sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Anyone see any t shirts anywhere? My son won't let me take Donald Glover's CD out of our car as he loves his song "Zombies". I'd love to get us matching Lando shirts
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 03:22 PM »
Try Thinkgeek.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07 PM »
Was out of town until late Saturday night - so for the first time in the modern era, I wasn't anywhere near a store on "launch day".

Needless to say, my results today have been piss-poor, not a lot left to be had. Even stores that hadn't put ANYTHING out yet, when you asked for stuff to be brought out, the result was cases of figures that had been cherry picked of the troopers that everyone seems to want.

I was able to score the two new 2-packs - the Lando set is pretty nice. Did grab two of the Enfys Nest's speeder bike, a Luke w/Wampa to keep MIB for now and the Force Link 2.0 Starter Kit - smart move on Hasbro's part to put the main Han in this set IMHO. The one WalMart that had the Force Link Start Sets had all of them damaged in some form or fashion, so I still need to track that down for my MIB collection.

Got so frustrated with the lack of 5POA figures out in the wild, I ended up just ordering a Wave 1 case from EE when I got home.

The only store that had the Han Speeder out had two that were both pretty mangled - so I did pick up an opener just cause I wanted to check the vehicle out. I could have done w/o the crash feature - it's basically like the crash feature of the AOTC speeders. Slightly annoyed that the back of Q'ira's skirt prevents her from sitting in the passenger seat - so I may pick up an extra of her solely for the purposes of removing that piece of plastic and having her on display in the speeder like in the scene from the trailer.

I'm probably going to eventually grab the Force Link 2.0 issues of the Rathtar, A-Wing w/Tallie & Rose w/BB-8 & BB-9E just to have those variations in my collection, but for now I've held off wanting to focus more on the new Solo stuff and the Vintage collection figures.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Managed to get what I wanted. Found the Lando set and one each of the Range and Mimban Troopers at an out of town Wally that is really on the ball when it comes to toys. I was able to order the Wampa from Amazon, so that should be here tomorrow.

Haven’t seen any Vintage or the Black Series Porgs yet, but I’m not in a hurry on those.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 08:27 PM »
I'm taking my time with this line.  This evening I picked up the 2-pack with Lando and the Kessel Guard, along with Enfys Nest & the Swoop bike.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 09:33 PM »
Within A 5 mile radius of my house there are 3 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a Meijer (and a TRU if it matters at this point). Only one store was stocked this weekend for Solo - a Target. Another store (Walmart) had the 3 packs, that's all that is out there in my area of Chicagoland. In fact, the stores that were not fully stocked did not even have price tags on the pegs or shelves for new items, as if no new product was due in. Thankfully, I found the 6" I wanted last weekend as it has been the weiredst launch ever in these parts...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 05:50 PM »
This is the weirdest stealth release of movie toys I've seen. No artwork for rhe movie. Saw wave one except the stormtrooper. Walmart had one kessel run falcon and force link 2 set. Target just had figures and one lone 6" Jawa. Pretty pathetic.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours