Author Topic: Star Wars Visions  (Read 982 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Star Wars Visions
« on: September 24, 2021, 06:29 PM »
I highly enjoyed episode 1.
Episode 2....... um most pointless SW ever?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Visions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 07:28 PM »
I highly enjoyed episode 1.
Episode 2....... um most pointless SW ever?

Yeah, episode 2 was just painful. Ep 3 was badass though. That’s as far as I’ve gotten, I’m trying to savor them.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 11:49 AM »
I'm about 4 episodes in...enjoying it so far.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 01:34 PM »
I've enjoyed 1, 3, 4, 5.
Not so much 2 and 6.
Haven't watched 7 8 9 yet
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 11:00 AM »
Overall thought this was fun. I liked the 15 to 20 minutes they are. I think ep 2 and 6 were only duds.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 06:56 AM »
"Ronin" was an excellent way to kick off the series.  The Jedi / Samurai parallels have been there since the beginning of the saga.  Just look at the Cantina fight scene in ANH.  The way Obi-Wan drew his lightsaber and dispatched Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan was immediate and decisive - just like how a Samurai would draw his katana only to strike and then sheath the weapon again.

I actually really enjoyed the black and white animation with only the lightsabers providing the color.  The setting was pure Japan, through and through, as were almost all of the characters.  As for the era this took place in?  I would judge it to be after the events of the sequel trilogy, considering the armor and equipment the bandits had.  But I think trying to place any of these episodes within the accepted timeline is kind of missing the point. 

The Ronin seemed interesting, and he lived up to the name.  He had a code, but was not beholden to any master.  And I thought the way his droid was realized was interesting.  The lightsaber parasol was something unexpected, but pretty cool.  The flying actually reminded me a little of the Inquisitor lightsabers.  And the way the Ronin was collecting the crystals?  That was surprising, too, as if he was hunting Sith.

When I checked out that episode I saw some of the others, but I want to re-watch them and give them my undivided attention.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 08:19 AM »
"Ronin" was an excellent way to kick off the series.  The Jedi / Samurai parallels have been there since the beginning of the saga.  Just look at the Cantina fight scene in ANH.  The way Obi-Wan drew his lightsaber and dispatched Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan was immediate and decisive - just like how a Samurai would draw his katana only to strike and then sheath the weapon again.

I actually really enjoyed the black and white animation with only the lightsabers providing the color.  The setting was pure Japan, through and through, as were almost all of the characters.  As for the era this took place in?  I would judge it to be after the events of the sequel trilogy, considering the armor and equipment the bandits had.  But I think trying to place any of these episodes within the accepted timeline is kind of missing the point. 

The Ronin seemed interesting, and he lived up to the name.  He had a code, but was not beholden to any master.  And I thought the way his droid was realized was interesting.  The lightsaber parasol was something unexpected, but pretty cool.  The flying actually reminded me a little of the Inquisitor lightsabers.  And the way the Ronin was collecting the crystals?  That was surprising, too, as if he was hunting Sith.

When I checked out that episode I saw some of the others, but I want to re-watch them and give them my undivided attention.

Agree.  I loved this one and the characters would make for some interesting figures.  I also loved the AT-AT body hover transport as well.