Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars Resistance

(1/18) > >>

Jeff:
All New Animated Series will focus on the era before The Force Awakens -

--- Quote ---StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.
--- End quote ---

More here: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut?cmp=smc%7C1496800781

Dave:
I'm not sure how excited about this I am if it is tightly tied to the characters and story line of TFA.  However, I really liked the "Rogue Squadron" comic series where it was Wedge and a bunch of new characters off on missions.  I'm hopeful that this new series only lightly uses Poe and familiar characters and can run down story arcs more freely.

Muftak:
I asked it when they started "Rebels" and I'll ask it again...

Why can't they just give us an animated series following the main characters from the OT in all-new adventures? Especially now that we have thirty years of story between Episode VI and VII they could wade through? Why is Disney adverse to the money they could make with such low-hanging fruit? I mean, I thought that's what Disney stood for...

I'm not all that interested in the further adventures of young Poe and BB-8...even if it finally answers what the Resistance is resisting (I bet it won't, and I'll never know.)

GrandMoffNick:
And that makes me laugh. I imagine the get off my lawn group would melt down as Disney dared mess with them

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Muftak on April 26, 2018, 08:03 PM ---I asked it when they started "Rebels" and I'll ask it again...

Why can't they just give us an animated series following the main characters from the OT in all-new adventures? Especially now that we have thirty years of story between Episode VI and VII they could wade through? Why is Disney adverse to the money they could make with such low-hanging fruit? I mean, I thought that's what Disney stood for...

--- End quote ---

I think that it seems easy.  But what is the impact of following the Big 3 (Luke, Leia & Han Solo) through a timeframe between ANH and TESB?  Does it diminish those characters?  You also have a situation where there doesn't seem to be any sort of real jeopardy for them since we know that they all get to TESB intact, minus an interaction with a bounty hunter on Ord Mandell.  The timeframe between TESB and ROTJ seems like it's sensitive at best because Shadows of the Empire went there, so what do you do in that timeframe that has some meaning?

That leaves you with that post ROTJ era.  But to me, that era seems complicated because of the implications that it could have on the Sequel Trilogy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version