Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance  (Read 53511 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance - Coming Fall 2018
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 03:44 PM »
hmmm.  :-\
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 10:38 AM »
If people disliked the kid oriented nature of Rebels, they're going to despise this by the looks of the trailer. 

Reminds me a lot of the Lego Freemaker stuff. 

My kids and I enjoyed Rebels, so I'm hopeful this is at least as good.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:48 AM by Dave »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 11:05 AM »
I’ve been an anime fan going back to when “Robotech” was first released in the 80’s.  So this is somewhat familiar territory for me in terms of the animation.  I can absolutely see how the stylization of the characters might be a departure. But then I looked at the ships, the settings and that Stormtrooper.  And those elements looked awesome!  Having movie actors like Oscar Isaac in the mix lends a lot to the project, too. And was that Grumgar that tossed someone into the water?  Maybe he’s not just some hulking set dressing for Maz’s castle after all!

One question I have about the story relates to things that we learned about Han Solo post-ROTJ in the “Bloodline” novel. He was very much involved in the racing circuit during this era. Could we possibly see him make an appearance in this series?

All in all?  It was a 1 minute look at what is probably going to be a fairly lengthy series.  And I’m sure we’re going to see some more over the next month + leading up to the premiere. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:09 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 11:27 AM »
I wasn't blown away by the trailer, but still looking forward to it. It's the definitive "reviews" on the show based off of a one minute trailer that once again have me annoyed with our community. At least pretend you're giving it a fair chance and let the first episode air. Then tell me again how Disney should rot in hell.

On a side note. I can't believe I have to "stick up" for Disney. I don't even like Disney. Up until the 90s their movies were boring, simple, etc. But it doesn't mean they never make anything good. Sorry as we were.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:28 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 11:57 AM »
I showed the trailer to my 7 year old and he liked it.  Remember, that's ultimately Disney's core demographic.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I wasn't blown away by the trailer, but still looking forward to it. It's the definitive "reviews" on the show based off of a one minute trailer that once again have me annoyed with our community. At least pretend you're giving it a fair chance and let the first episode air. Then tell me again how Disney should rot in hell.

On a side note. I can't believe I have to "stick up" for Disney. I don't even like Disney. Up until the 90s their movies were boring, simple, etc. But it doesn't mean they never make anything good. Sorry as we were.

It does get quite silly how people think that they can judge an entire series based on a teaser trailer.

Like anything else?  Let's wait and see.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Check out some background on the characters of RESISTANCE in this EW article:  First Look: Meet the Team Fireball mechanics of Star Wars: Resistance

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: October 4, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Don't forget...this show starts Sunday evening.

I'm sure my kids will enjoy it.  The animation style reminds me of Tron: Uprising or the MTv Spider-Man series from a few years ago.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 8, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Nice to hear Greg Proops back in Star Wars!  And once again as a race announcer, albeit this is a new character.

I've only watched "The Recruit" so far.  But it was good to see that there were distinctions made IMMEDIATELY between the New Republic and the Resistance.

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 9, 2018, 01:06 AM »
I enjoyed episode 1 enough to look forward to next week. Animation is fine. I'm assuming things will happen outside the racing platform thingy this episode mostly took place on
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 9, 2018, 05:41 PM »
I watched it last night and I see the slightly skewed to younger viewers thing but I thought it was alright.  Not great but it was fun and I’m happy to watch it next week.  The animation IMHO was a treat and apparently they have a better budget to do more variety.  Lots of aliens both old and new, lots of little details.  The ships were fantastic looking I thought.

My complaints are minor...  the kid voicing the main character Kaz delivers his lines in an overly excited and sorta out of breath way, and he does it all the time.  I kinda hope they dial that back because it just sounds odd.  The dialogue wasn’t bad and was a mix of more complex at times wirh sort of simpler stuff.  I feel like LfL is trying to make both audiences sorta happy.

In general I enjoyed it.  I’m sure there will be people bitching and those people I wish would quit following the saga at all at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 09:33 AM »
I watched it with the kids last night.  So far they haven't had a chance to latch on to the characters, and there wasn't much familiar other than BB-8 and Poe.

I was expecting a very young skew on the style, but didn't really find it to be much different from Rebels.  Its kid stuff, but didn't seem any different maturity wise.

Overall it was nothing great, but it was a very introductory episode.  We'll see where they go and if they can build some fun characters.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2018, 01:29 AM »
I felt the main character Kaz had a slightly overly obvious dialogue to him, so that made me look at it as slightly less “adult” than Rebels but overall I agree and think it’s similarly slanted.  I think people were expecting like Sesame Street in Star Wars or something drastically obviously for young kids.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2018, 01:59 AM »
It's more watchable than I suspected it would be.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 01:10 PM »
I enjoyed the first hour long episode, but have found the last two 30 minute episodes very boring.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:10 PM by GrandMoffNick »