Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance  (Read 53580 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance - Coming Fall 2018
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2018, 09:45 AM »
I enjoyed the first hour long episode, but have found the last two 30 minute episodes very boring.

+1

The next few episodes are brutally boring.  I'll keep grinding through these with the kids hoping it gets better, but I honestly have no idea what Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to accomplish with this show.

So far there has been very little Resistance, First Order, or tie-ins with existing story lines or characters.  And the character development on the lead character(s) is weak.  BB-8 does kind of roll around a few scenes, but it could honestly be any droid, and probably should be Kaz's own droid and not BB-8.

I'm hoping this show finds its rhythm soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2018, 08:35 PM »
I was just discussing this show with our eleven year old tonight when we were sitting down to watch the newest episode. We both agreed that although it isn't "bad" it just hasn't really grabbed us so far. I know full well that I am not the target audience, and I'm fine with that, but it just seems sort of "meh" so far. I'll stick with it, but it hasn't quite stuck the way Clone Wars and Rebels did (at least for the most part).

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 2, 2018, 06:49 PM »
So far the only character I want a figure of is the alien that tells Kaz "You can stay with me!" in a creepy voice. Slash fiction imminent.  :-X
« Last Edit: November 6, 2018, 09:21 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: November 6, 2018, 12:52 AM »
I caught up with the show tonight, and while I found the starting episodes slow, I found the last couple episodes decent and moving along the plotline of Kaz being a spy and  all that.  The First Order's coming in now, things are getting different and a little more interesting.  Flying/fighting is highly limited thus far, which is kind of interesting considering how the show was promoted.

This is NOT the anime TIE Fighter bit that basically I think LFL was poking around about...  If they think it is, they're wrong, haha, but it's not that at all to me...  It's a kid's show, but it's improving.  It is definitely visually interesting and better than Rebels was at the beginning or end of its run IMO.  It's a kid's show for sure though, and taking it as such, I'm enjoying it enough to keep going.  I kept up with Rebels but by the end of it I was zoned out and just looking for custom inspiration in any given episode.  Hera, Chopper, & The Ghost were the only things I found interesting in that show...  Agent Kallus got an honorable mention too maybe.  Clones, Zeb, more Jedi crap, spirit animals and all the other junk was meh.  And I'm over mandos at this point.  Maybe The Mandalorian will get me back, but yeah, they whooped up Mando's hard on Rebels and it was all meh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 6, 2018, 06:37 PM »
So I screwed up and didn't set my DVR for this... I just kind of thought it wouldn't start until about the time the figures came out.

So, it recorded the sixth episode, but I missed 1-5.

Are they online anywhere that you guys know of that doesn't require paying for Disney's streaming service?  I'm hoping the DVR will pick those 5 up on re-runs, but I don't know when that'll happen.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 6, 2018, 09:25 PM »
So I screwed up and didn't set my DVR for this... I just kind of thought it wouldn't start until about the time the figures came out.

Are they online anywhere that you guys know of that doesn't require paying for Disney's streaming service?  I'm hoping the DVR will pick those 5 up on re-runs, but I don't know when that'll happen.

https://www.watchcartoononline.com/  There's other similar sites.

(If you want to see Disenchantment without netflix, they got it!)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 7, 2018, 12:03 PM »

Disney replays episodes over and over at different times and days. My DVR had all five episodes recorded multiple times until I fixed it for first run only. It's not hard to see them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 7, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Weird... I've had it set to record ALL for the last 5 or so days and it hasn't picked up any.  Maybe I'll just check the guide tonight and see if I can find them manually.

Thanks for the tips both of you.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #53 on: November 7, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Might want to check on demand if you have that feature.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 8, 2018, 11:27 PM »
Now that’s a good idea... I always forget about that.  Thanks Matt.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #55 on: November 9, 2018, 11:06 AM »
No worries Rob...DirecTv's on demand is a little odd on what's available.  We recently upgraded to the Genie 2 system from the original Genie and I lost the season premier of 9-1-1....but that's the only episode that isn't available via On Demand.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 07:06 AM »
It was good to see some action in last night's episode.  And including Poe Dameron in the story certainly helps.  But I'm starting to take issue with bumbling Kaz and his hapless antics.  I get the attempt to appeal to kids, but Kaz has been coming across like an idiot who barely survives these situations in spite of himself.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:07 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2018, 09:59 AM »
It was good to see some action in last night's episode.  And including Poe Dameron in the story certainly helps.  But I'm starting to take issue with bumbling Kaz and his hapless antics.  I get the attempt to appeal to kids, but Kaz has been coming across like an idiot who barely survives these situations in spite of himself.

He is very Jar-Jar-like. 

He's supposed to be a great pilot, brave, etc., but he has a hard time making it through an episode without totally screwing something basic up.

The show is slowly getting better, but it still has a ways to go.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Please don't give Kaz a lightsaber. He will turn it on in his face. Kaz and that green alien that takes everything litterly, are even more annoying than Jar Jar.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2018, 11:41 AM »
I like the "literal" alien
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within