Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance  (Read 53592 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance - Coming Fall 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 12:23 PM »
Honestly, I have no patience anymore for the entitled Star Wars fans, the ones who think everything Star Wars should be things they specifically want and nothing else.  Bad news for you dudes - your time is over and it's only gonna get worse for you.  This cartoon is not OT focused.  Many of the new movies and TV shows will not be OT focused.  There will be TONS of new Disney Star Wars characters introduced in the coming years.  And you know what?  That's OK. You might even accidentally like some of it.

I feel like I'm getting beat up a bit in here, but it's all good. I read some of the other comments across the boards and if I'm the worst curmudgeon JD has, then things here aren't so bad...

I have given every new thing Disney has thrown at us a fair shake. Some I like, some I don't. I am guilty of having the same "OT Man-Crush" you profess to, Jeff, of course.

Maybe I am feeling oversaturation fatigue? I dunno.

At the end of the day I have no problem with the show that I haven't seen except I honestly don't get how its pitch wins out over OT goodness. Of course I will give it a shot, just as I did Clone Wars and Rebels (neither one stuck for me, but that's taste for you.) I love Star Wars stuff, even the goofy awful stuff (Okay, sometimes I like the goofy stuff even more than the straight stuff.)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 12:58 PM »
What a much more intelligent and articulate Jeff said
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Are the people who are anti TFA era the same people who are anti Disney making a movie about Han Solo?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 01:24 PM »
I feel like I'm getting beat up a bit in here, but it's all good.

Don't feel beat up, I was talking about some of the stuff over at Yakface or some of the twitter stuff I saw.  Those who are pooping all over the show without really knowing anything about it.

Wishing it was OT focused is a far cry from wanting the show to be an immediate failure because you hate the sequel stuff. The guys who bitch because Disney made Forces of Destiny or whatever other thing they feel is a waste of time.  The people who forget it's OK if Disney services the needs of other Star Wars fans who aren't them.

Like I said, I also would have preferred an OT focused show like many dudes my age, but at the same time I'm not pooping all over this without giving it a chance.  It might turn out to be great or it might turn out to be more EU dreck (of which there is plenty).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I feel like Disney's only correct move per the internet is an OT story that they consult with every Star Wars fan who is 40+ years old on
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:08 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 02:44 PM »

I can only imagine what the world would have been like if Twitter existed in 1990s -
- "Lucasfilm, stop introducing all these lame new characters like Grand Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade and give us a new Han and Lando book!!!"
- "KOTOR?  Try NOGAF! LOL.  Why are you wasting time on a stupid video game involving a bunch of made up characters when you could make a Luke Skywalker video game instead?
- "A whole Marvel comics series about Jedi who existed thousands of years before ANH?  WTF - we want more Luke comics!"

You missed the same crybaby bitching that something is too derivative after bitching something was too original.  Or does that only work in reverse for these children?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Yeah Muftak, it isn’t really a dump on you.  You’re not alone in what you want either.  I’d love an OT cartoon because I’m more partial to that era myself and I think it’d work too.

But the sequel trilogy isn’t a bad place to get a toon either and it lacks a lot of backstory.  I kind of see why they’re doing that.  I think they may do an OT based show or PT or whatever.  The future is wide open.

But like Jeff said, a lot of folks are dumping on this just because it is ST focused...  its kind of rampant.  Yet that is Disney’s brainchild ultimately and I think it kind of makes sense that era is getting its first non-film media outside of a book or comic.  I’m kinda shocked it wasn’t one of the first things they did actually, and Rebels was instead.

It’s still only into the third year of this ride too.  I’m sure there will be a lot more stuff to come.

I wanted that TIE Fighter short to be a series more than anything but I’m interested in this too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I feel like Disney's only correct move per the internet is an OT story that they consult with every Star Wars fan who is 40+ years old on

I am willing to offer my services.   ;D

As far as this show goes....let's see what they make.  It could be really good or it could suck.  I'm sure we'll hear both opinions.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 05:12 PM »
Like I said, no worries. I'm glad there is some kind of debate/difference of opinion in the discussion. Things would be too stale if we just all agreed out of hand.  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 08:52 PM »

.... so long as the lead character is a dude. 

....Who also looks like the aforementioned 40+ year old dudes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Like I said, no worries. I'm glad there is some kind of debate/difference of opinion in the discussion. Things would be too stale if we just all agreed out of hand.  ;D

I get the love for the OT period.  And truth be told, my appreciation for ROGUE ONE has only grown since it's release.

But in terms of Star Wars moving forward?  I take to heart something that I've heard from multiple people at Lucasfilm in the past few years:  they're looking to expand the scope of the Star Wars universe.  That means new stories about new characters, and potentially in different eras.  I think that's a good thing, and it might keep the franchise from getting stale.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Where can I view the TIE Fighter short that people keep mentioning?  Pretty sure I missed that...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Where can I view the TIE Fighter short that people keep mentioning?  Pretty sure I missed that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 03:25 PM »
It's really  neat.  100% based on the TIE Fighter PC game, down to the cockpit graphics even.  Outstanding stuff from that dude.  If Resistance is akin to this, I'm in for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05 PM »
Check out the first trailer for "Resistance".  It debuts on the Disney Channel on October 7th at 10 PM ET.

Feedback