Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance - Coming Fall 2018  (Read 1336 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance - Coming Fall 2018
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 03:44 PM »
hmmm.  :-\
I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 10:38 AM »
If people disliked the kid oriented nature of Rebels, they're going to despise this by the looks of the trailer. 

Reminds me a lot of the Lego Freemaker stuff. 

My kids and I enjoyed Rebels, so I'm hopeful this is at least as good.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:48 AM by Dave »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 11:05 AM »
I’ve been an anime fan going back to when “Robotech” was first released in the 80’s.  So this is somewhat familiar territory for me in terms of the animation.  I can absolutely see how the stylization of the characters might be a departure. But then I looked at the ships, the settings and that Stormtrooper.  And those elements looked awesome!  Having movie actors like Oscar Isaac in the mix lends a lot to the project, too. And was that Grumgar that tossed someone into the water?  Maybe he’s not just some hulking set dressing for Maz’s castle after all!

One question I have about the story relates to things that we learned about Han Solo post-ROTJ in the “Bloodline” novel. He was very much involved in the racing circuit during this era. Could we possibly see him make an appearance in this series?

All in all?  It was a 1 minute look at what is probably going to be a fairly lengthy series.  And I’m sure we’re going to see some more over the next month + leading up to the premiere. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:09 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 11:27 AM »
I wasn't blown away by the trailer, but still looking forward to it. It's the definitive "reviews" on the show based off of a one minute trailer that once again have me annoyed with our community. At least pretend you're giving it a fair chance and let the first episode air. Then tell me again how Disney should rot in hell.

On a side note. I can't believe I have to "stick up" for Disney. I don't even like Disney. Up until the 90s their movies were boring, simple, etc. But it doesn't mean they never make anything good. Sorry as we were.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:28 AM by GrandMoffNick »
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 11:57 AM »
I showed the trailer to my 7 year old and he liked it.  Remember, that's ultimately Disney's core demographic.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I wasn't blown away by the trailer, but still looking forward to it. It's the definitive "reviews" on the show based off of a one minute trailer that once again have me annoyed with our community. At least pretend you're giving it a fair chance and let the first episode air. Then tell me again how Disney should rot in hell.

On a side note. I can't believe I have to "stick up" for Disney. I don't even like Disney. Up until the 90s their movies were boring, simple, etc. But it doesn't mean they never make anything good. Sorry as we were.

It does get quite silly how people think that they can judge an entire series based on a teaser trailer.

Like anything else?  Let's wait and see.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Check out some background on the characters of RESISTANCE in this EW article:  First Look: Meet the Team Fireball mechanics of Star Wars: Resistance

Feedback