Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance  (Read 53512 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance - Coming Fall 2018
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Might want to check on demand if you have that feature.

I finally got around to looking into this stuff last night, and I managed to get episodes 1, 3, 4, and 5 to download to the DVR from On-Demand last night - 6 and 7 I already have.

Episode 2, I couldn't find.

So dumb, but I'm close!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 11:00 PM »
I bet there will be a marathon over Thanksgiving weekend.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2018, 12:03 AM »
Been catching g up.  It’s improving as it goes I think and I’m enjoying the designs and alien diversity.  Seeing the little wolf monkey guys from Maz’s Castle  in the pirate raid was neat and I like their use of imperial hardware.  It’s not great, but it’s not bad either.  It’s got some action some story to it.  I like it better than I liked Rebels for some reason.  That show left me bummed because I think I’d hoped for less forcey stuff and more actual warring.  The designs of background characters and objects felt stunted and meh.  This has a lot more going on visually that’s for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 9, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Trailer for second half of season 1 looks great. Surprised they're already going to be right in the middle of TFA.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 4, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Isn't there some sort of FCC regulation that bars new episodes of a show on Super Bowl Sunday?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 4, 2019, 04:38 PM »
A lot of networks won't air new programming on Superbowl Sunday because they know most people are going to be watching Football that day.

Luckily, HBO still had a new episode of True detective.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 4, 2019, 07:39 AM »
I know not many regular JDers watch this show and some even think it's laughable some of us would like more figures, but it's moved into Force Awakens timeline and is very interesting. Not great. Not must watch. But certainly worth 23 minutes of the week.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2019, 11:04 AM »
The final two episodes of Resistance proved to me what I have been thinking all along.

The concept for this show was good for maybe two, perhaps three hours of programming and the other 15 or so hours we got were pure fluff that the writers had to come up with just for the sake of turning it into a TV show.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone since I know a lot of folks don't keep up with this show, but the two-part season finale finally made this show seem like it mattered in the larger ST tale.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Can I just skip to the season finale episodes and still know what's going on?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2019, 12:04 PM »
There are a few episodes that start to build towards the finale.  The ones that include Poe Dameron tend to be a bit more notable.  And once the First Order turns up to occupy the station, the stakes get elevated.  But admittedly the beginning of the season is a little goofy.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Which I thought was exactly the same thing for Clone Wars and Rebels. As far as half way through the season 1 thinking this is chore TV I have to watch and not something I wanted to watch. I totally disagree with Pete. It's not great, but I saw no issue with them building up what this station was and who lived there to then show the First Order come take it because it was useful to them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:59 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2019, 01:41 AM »
I've had the same experience Nick with each of the animated series - the first seasons have always seemed to be a struggle to get through. For some reason though Resistance seemed to be the hardest for me and I think it mostly stems from the fact that the goofiness factor on this show seems to be dialed WAY up compared to Clone Wars and Rebels.

Perhaps the reason why the final two episodes resonated better with me was because the goofiness was definitely dialed back, the story got serious, it tied in/overlapped with TFA and finally made it seem like the show was actually moving in some kind of a direction. I'm actually looking forward to see where the show goes in Season 2.

I would even welcome seeing the Colossus and its inhabitants pop up in EP9.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:48 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2019, 03:03 PM »
The season finale has come and gone for season 1 of RESISTANCE.  And I just noticed something about a number of the characters (mostly the Aces).  With the exception of Hype Fazon (voiced by actor Donald Faison), the characters kind of resemble the actors who are voicing them.  Kaz looks a great deal like voice actor Christopher Sean, Yeager resembles actor Scott Lawrence, Tora Doza looks a lot like her actor, Myrna Velasco, and so on.  The same goes for Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Freya Fenris) and Griff Halloran (Steven Stanton).

We've already seen a significant amount of crossover between some Sequel Trilogy characters into this series:  Poe Dameron, Leia, BB-8, Captain Phasma, Hux, etc.  I am genuinely wondering, does anyone think it's possible that characters from the show might actually cross over into live action as pilots for the reborn Rebellion in Episode IX?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Season 2 trailer on line. Is that the Na'vi from Avatar I saw? Do they go to Pandora?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkJtdJKCVto
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2019, 01:59 AM »
Anyone still watching this show?

Well, if you are, you are wrong. Seek help.

I fell asleep during the second season premiere...something about Kaz being clumsy, evil droid...they'd call this a Bottle Show if it were live action.