Author Topic: Star Wars Resort - Walt Disney World  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Resort - Walt Disney World
« on: May 30, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Check out this article from the Disney Parks Blog:  Update on the Star Wars Immersive Resort Planned for Walt Disney World Resort

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Last summer, plans for a Star Wars-inspired destination at Walt Disney World Resort were unveiled at the D23 Expo.

Today we are happy to share the location of this exciting addition, which is currently under development on the south side of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just east of World Drive. This location will allow the experience to be seamlessly connected to the highly-anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, enabling guests to fully immerse themselves in the story of Star Wars.

This experience stands out among all of our destinations around the globe. Families visiting this destination will board a starship that comes alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy – and every cabin window has views of space! Guests visiting the multi-day adventure will also be welcome to participate as a resident of the Galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months for updates.

Star Wars - Galaxy's Edge is set to open at Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida in late Fall of 2019.  At this time there has been no date announced for the opening of the Star Wars resort that will connect to the Galaxy's Edge section of the park.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Star Wars Resort - Walt Disney World
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:44 PM »
I am so there!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:45 PM »
This is a bucket list thing for me.  I will get there.  Dunno when but I will get there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:34 AM »
It's definitely something I'd like to do with the family.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Disneyland was suppose to get one too but thanks to budget problems at Disneyland Shanghai it got canceled. The Anaheim city government isn't exactly playing nicely with Disney right now too.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours