Author Topic: 2018 TVC SDCC Exclusive Doctor Aphra Comic Set  (Read 15955 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2018 TVC SDCC Exclusive Doctor Aphra Comic Set
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39 PM »
With Aphra coming out on her own card, the only reason I purchased this set was for the droids.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2018, 12:54 AM »
Pretty much the same with Matt...  not to say I didn’t want Aphra.  She’s a cool figure herself, nicely done, but the droids were my main motivator for this.  If I hadn’t had to buy this for them though, I wouldn’t have.  I’d rather them single carded or whatever.  The droids are neat and the R5 especially is nice but Aphra is the best overall figure in the set and can be had later.

As far as people knowing her or not I think that’s as up in the air as every single other EU character we’ve ever gotten.  I’d say she’s got a strong backing and a lot of hate and general disinterest too, but then again I don’t think 35+ y/os are that plentiful in the hobby anymore either, so eh, whatever.  I’m not unhappy to own the figures in the set.  If it’s a good figure I’m usually pretty content these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2018, 11:59 AM »
I read the Darth Vader comic where they originally appeared and liked it.  Nice to have the trio.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2018, 01:35 PM »
I love this set, in spite of having no idea who these characters are. It is weird that the set is still available. Perhaps Hasbro is adjusting quantities based on previous years? This might be a good omen for me given that SDCC changed it's professional criteria which has made me no longer eligible for a badge.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Got my set in the mail yesterday. Packaging is a lot cooler than I expected with the foil and such, but I still wish there was a cheaper/better way to get the droids on their own. Watch some 5POA versions in a 2 pack come out with the TVC Aphra.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks